Louisville prepared to lose women's basketball coach Jeff Walz to Tennessee

Probably just snoopy reporters feeding us tidbit hungry uber fans. Would likely only be a Walz leak if, as some suspect, it's all a bid for a raise. Whatever, I wish it could have been kept quiet so it doesn't risk distracting his players.
True, I want his players in top form if they end up playing uconn in the regional final.
I want Louisville or Mississippi State to win it all.

So we...paid for it? Thank you.
They did for Pat. Not sure what they'll come up with for someone else. It's doubtful they will ever find another person who could fill those shoes in all respects. There are some good coaches out there, so we'll see what steps they take. I just hope they've learned from the experience of firing Fulmer and the inept low change coaches they brought in. I think they're looking for lightening in the bottle at WalMart prices. It's not out there.

Reactions: Momto2
They did for Pat. Not sure what they'll come up with for someone else. It's doubtful they will ever find another person who could fill those shoes in all respects. There are some good coaches out there, so we'll see what steps they take. I just hope they've learned from the experience of firing Fulmer and the inept low change coaches they brought in. I think they're looking for lightening in the bottle at WalMart prices. It's not out there.
They paid her to win. Knocks down that Walmart analogy. They’ll do it again...especially under Fulmer.

Holly Warlick will be riding off into the sunset on her motorcycle
ready_for_tricycle_girl.jpg

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
They paid her to win. Knocks down that Walmart analogy. They’ll do it again...especially under Fulmer.
They paid her according to what she was doing after she forced them to. UT has plenty of money to throw around regardless of what seems to floating around regarding their finances. Will they throw it? Fulmer is more likely to, I think.

Reactions: cutiepie5
As I said in the other thread, color me extremely skeptical at this.

First, he currently makes more money than I have been told we are willing to spend on a new head coach.

Second, he is known in women’s basketball recruiting circles as playing in the margins, at best. I’m not sure that fits the profile that our current administration would be looking for.

Third, he has used this exact same playbook to get a raise out of Louisville in past years. In fact, his agent started the rumor that Tennessee was going to fire Holly two years ago to hire him. He ended up getting almost a $300,000 raise out of that rumor. Louisville has a different athletics director now, one that is focused presently on cost cutting, so that may not be a wise play at this point.

Fourth, and probably most importantly, I find it very difficult to believe that the people in UT’s administration that will be responsible for finding the next coach would have been in contact with potential candidates to the point that they would be ready to take the job while the season is still going on and the current head coach having not yet been relieved of duties. That isn’t an M. O. that fits any of those people.

Certainly, anything is possible, but I don’t put a lot of stock in this particular report.

I, for one, remember when DeerPark, used to have some inside scoop....yeah i remember those days, just like it was...say... years ago....

They paid her according to what she was doing after she forced them to. UT has plenty of money to throw around regardless of what seems to floating around regarding their finances. Will they throw it? Fulmer is more likely to, I think.
She use a gun? Or had she accomplished enough where they had no choice? If Warlick had done the same, she’d have been paid at Walz’s level or above...no doubt imo.

VN Store

Back