Louisville prepared to lose women's basketball coach Jeff Walz to Tennessee

Does anyone honestly think UT would buy out a huge contract and Pay more than he is making now? For football, but not women's basketball.

So now we have gone from the low end of possibly being stuck with holly to the high end of paying top dollar.

As long as she is gone soon after the tournaments end, I do not care who they hire as long as the candidate has head coaching experience and shows an upward trend of success.
Sometimes reputation is worth more than money...

Does anyone honestly think UT would buy out a huge contract and Pay more than he is making now? For football, but not women's basketball.

So now we have gone from the low end of possibly being stuck with holly to the high end of paying top dollar.

As long as she is gone soon after the tournaments end, I do not care who they hire as long as the candidate has head coaching experience and shows an upward trend of success.
I think Tennessee would pay the money it takes to hire Jeff Walz

I dont care who the coach is as long as they have these 3 qualities.
1. Know what a time out is for.
2. Hold players accountable.
3. Dont lose to Bama or Vandy ever.
And I want the new Tennessee head coach if it's Jeff Walz or someone else to take over control of the SEC from Mississippi State and South Carolina.

So you think Holly is worth the $$$$$ This guy is a good coach. I seen on one of those sites his recruiting budget is like $140,000 a year and Kentucky was around $400,000 so yes we would take this guy to coach the Lady Vols in a minute. Plus i think he was good friends with the AD that got fired when Rick P. got fired. So he is probaly there if the Vols want him.
I never said Holly was worth her salary, just that what he would cost is excessive.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Coach Walz will be the Tennessee head coach very soon and Holly needs to clean out her desk and office
img-boxes.jpg

I think it would be a good hire but I've been through way too many coaching searches with the Vols to ever put trust in any media tweet. I am curious to see if Fulmer can actually fire a head coach and then hire a replacement without it becoming a 3 ring circus. This has been a challenge for past AD's at Tennessee.

"integrity" ? LOL .... apparently you have no clue how media works. leaks, rumors, and questionable "source" reports are standard operating procedure.

I have a journalism degree and worked for a short time covering sports until going into teaching. I know that some people sit upon insider information even when they could scoop other media. Others who allow ambition to trump ethics have no such qualms.

Henley would have to verify the reports with both Walz and the Louisville AD. It wouldn't serve the interest of either to do that while their team is competing for their first national title.

I have a journalism degree and worked for a short time covering sports until going into teaching. I know that some people sit upon insider information even when they could scoop other media. Others who allow ambition to trump ethics have no such qualms.

Henley would have to verify the reports with both Walz and the Louisville AD. It wouldn't serve the interest of either to do that while their team is competing for their first national title.
You made a wise career choice. As a journalist, you would have the most integrity at the unemployment office.

It sounds like he could be coming to Tennessee so again who gives a darn?

thA1CVZ122.jpg

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back