Looking ahead to #1 Stanford

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

LOL

Thanks Nute. Yes, that must have been a big loss to lose Zaay. Injuries are the curse of WBB. That is of course how we became the only #1 to ever lose to a #16, now two decades ago.

As for now, we had four out of the Ohio State game--the most significant is Dijonai Carrington who was the leader who powered us over Oregon in the Pac 12 tournament last year. She has been on the verge of coming back for weeks now, and we never know whether Carrington, Dodson, or Lacie Hull is going to dress until we show up for the game and see with our own eyes. You may be catching us with a lot less depth than we would normally have. I worry quite a bit if Lacie, who is our best defender, is out. I had her pegged to help defend Davis or Horsten, and she may not dress.

Gule, we don't have UConn on the schedule, but for thirty years I have rooted for Tennessee to take down Geno. Any day that Geno loses is a great day for both of our programs! I can't stomach the team from ESPN...err..Storrs.

One worry I have as a Stanford fan about tonight is that our three point shooting can be terrific but it also tends to be streaky. I think we need it to be effective or else you can use your superior height and length to make it very difficult to score inside. Your team seems to have a terrific defense and we can't afford to have cold shooting too--you will make it hard enough. But if Jump and Lexie Hull make a few threes it should open things up. I imagine you have exactly the same worries about opening up our defense.

We also have had loads of turnovers lately--just like you have. It probably goes along with a very young team. If one team solves that problem while the other doesn't--then that's the game.

Not sure what you’re doing on 1/23/2020 but you might want to tune in and watch us play UConn. They are on the schedule

But I was told on this forum Rennia Davis is better than Walker... :oops:
Didn't someone here also say that Massengill was better than Dangerfield?
IMO both Davis and Massengill are better than they are showing. Maybe they just need to get Hollyball out of their system.

IMO both Davis and Massengill are better than they are showing. Maybe they just need to get Hollyball out of their system.

Probably the same genius who said Davis would be drafted ahead of Walker. I agree they would look a lot better with good coaching, unfortunately Kellieball looks a lot like Hollyball 2.0...

Davis yes Massengill no.

Excellent------VeryGood------Good------OK--------Bad--------Horrible---------non-functional
..........................................................................................^........................................................

We are moving up the scale........but a long ways to go........

VN Store

Back