Looking ahead to #1 Stanford

Youll be better off not watching at all. Texas, who is unranked and .500 are outplaying and outcoaching a team FULL of talent on their home floor.
Its embarrassing.

Youll be better off not watching at all. Texas, who is unranked and .500 are outplaying and outcoaching a team FULL of talent on their home floor.
Its embarrassing.
Yes it is and I have said that from game one. I have not seen a lot things any better than last year. They have absolutely no plays on offense, when is the last time you seen a screen set. On defense with our length and we are to lazy to even put our hands up when they shoot, and more often than not they are wide open. The only difference that I see is she sits on the bench and does not run around whistling and stomping her feet. Texas is not even an average team. Take a lesson please from Coach Barnes as we were blowing that team out the other night, he met every player coming out of the game, was in their face and was telling them what they had done wrong, and it wasn't in a pleasant way. Most everyone has been critical of my comments because we were 7 and 0, well I think most everyone could see today. We will be beaten several times this season, and it won't be because the other team has superior athletes. I hope that I am wrong, but I have seen nothing to prove me wrong yet.

Its embarrassing.
Texas has been bad this year, but they have a pair of posts that were the overall #2 player in their class, and a pair of top 10 guards in Sutton/Higgs.

They are a talented team that is being poorly coached, but played better today.

Unfortunately, CKJH Didnt do much "coaching" today. Mostly just some rah-rah ********. Its very disappointing. Oh, well...

Stanford is terrible, easy game, LVs by 20, we're back, oops, my bad, that was Texas so many of you were talking about. Reality check. Some of you are suffering from delusions of grandeur regarding the Lady Vols. Defense seems a bit improved but offense remains stagnant. Young team with much potential but not close to elite. I'm not baling on them nor the coaching staff yet.

Reactions: Raebo
I have been worried about whether I will be able to see the Stanford game. I will be really ticked if I cannot see it. Surely a game this big wasn’t scheduled in such a way where some of us cannot watch the game.

Its embarrassing.
No, I won’t be better off!

Also,
I believe I read where Texas has 4 top 10, 5 star players, and another who was in top 50, they are highly rated, just haven’t been playing well.

Last edited:
I believe I read where Texas has 4 top 10, 5 star players, and another who was in top 50, they are highly rated, just haven’t been playing well.

Yes, Texas overall has more highly-rated players than we do, so it would be misleading to portray this as losing to a less-talented team. Texas has just been under-performing. We still should have beaten them, but their problems stem from things other than lack of talent.

If we can't shoot the ball in our own arena how we gonna shoot it at Stanford. We better hole them to 50 cause we might have trouble scoring that many.

Stanford is terrible, easy game, LVs by 20, we're back, oops, my bad, that was Texas so many of you were talking about. Reality check. Some of you are suffering from delusions of grandeur regarding the Lady Vols. Defense seems a bit improved but offense remains stagnant. Young team with much potential but not close to elite. I'm not baling on them nor the coaching staff yet.
But we had beat everybody bad on our schedule what do you mean delusions of grandeur? We are back!

Yes, Texas overall has more highly-rated players than we do, so it would be misleading to portray this as losing to a less-talented team. Texas has just been under-performing. We still should have beaten them, but their problems stem from things other than lack of talent.
This is the correct response to the Texas loss. This Tennessee team has talent but it takes a good season to bring it together under a new staff. I know we (South Carolina) had a bunch of new players but the staff and remaining players made the transition smoother. Tennessee will make some noise this year but next year they should all be on the same page. I see no reason to think that Tennessee won't be back in the hunt for a national championship in the very near future...meanwhile we'll try to get a couple along the way...lol...

There's very little chance we beat Stanford...but it doesn't kill the season. Team is on the right track.
I agree. They need to learn to take smarter shots for one. I think the key missing ingredient is a point guard. Way to many careless turnovers.

To answer the original question in this particular thread, go to Get Pac-12 Networks and look at the right side of the page. There is a box to enter your zip code that will tell you the providers that carry the Pac12 Network in your area. In Knoxville, for example, Dish Network and Comcast/xFinity are two tv providers that include the Pac 12 Network in their optional sports package. There are three streaming services, as well. SlingTV, fubo tv ($54.99/mo), and Vidgo ($14.95/mo). I have limited experience with Sling TV and the stream quality is decent. All three of the streaming services have a limited free trial, which would allow you to sign up to see the game and then cancel before the trial is over to avoid future charges. The streaming services will need a decent internet connection (we have a 25MBs/sec connection in Florida and have no problem with streaming) and either a computer or something like Fire Tv, Roku, Apple Tv, etc.

Hope this helps those who are interested! And, let me preface my next comment by saying that I find the Lady Vols schedule this year to be distressingly weak, but, obviously the current coaching staff has only played the hand they were dealt. I find a number of the things that occur on the court to be frustrating. The distressing number of turnovers against weak teams, the lack of movement on offense, the seeming inability to hit a layup (and the seeming refusal to use the backboard in that endeavor), a substitution pattern that I have yet to figure out and a small hosts of other things that I observe in each and every game. But, I also see a group of young ladies who appear to be learning as the season progresses and who are exhibiting a fire and purpose that I so seldom saw in the last few years! And, that makes me hopeful for this team and the teams to come. I personally believe that no one should have expected a new staff to come in and effect an immediate radical change from the results of, what I considered, four years of deterioration.

So, for those of you who suggest that the team "isn't worth watching" unless they play to your "standards" or win every game, please feel free to ignore this information. Good luck finding a team or coach that you feel you can support!

Jim

With Westbrook and Collins transferring, and Zay out for the year its no wonder UT as a whole looks and is inconsistent thus far. Add in this soft as silk schedule, surely hasnt helped. If UT looks this bad in March, then maybe UT as a program is in trouble. Time will tell.

I didn't get to watch the game tonight but looking at the box score I saw something very alarming. The score, we held them to 41 points and and almost doubled that ourselves. Great. But we had 17 turnovers to their 8 and even more alarming we got 4 steals their 14!!!! Wtf. How do you blow out a team that gets 14 steals off you? Had they shot 28% from 3 instead of 18 we'd have been in serious trouble. And who the heck is this Makenzie Wells she had 6 steals this game. In the 10 games preceding this she had 10. What is going on with ball security? Something has to give here. We are averaging 17 turnovers a game ranked 227 out of 338 schools. I am amazed we only have the one loss but seriously if they could turn the ball over just a bit less. The one good thing is outside of the one game we lost no one has made us pay for them. Our defense has nullified it. That's over starting next game and definitely in conference play. Stanford will make us pay. Hopefully they change whatever brand of talcum powder they are using or start using it.

I seriously need to go back and watch some games. How are they happening? Scary passes? Does everyone on the team have tiny hands? It seems to be mostly the guards with high turnovers and forwards on the opposing teams getting steals. Bad entry passes when trying to feed the post? Please make it stop whatever it is.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back