Looking ahead to #1 Stanford

Where have you been?
Rennia Davis can play in the late status for the entire game. Ray Burrell Jordan horston both of them can take over for spurts.

Amazing!
I agree. What I should have said is the Lady Vols don't have a player that does this on a consistent basis against quality opponents like Megan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Okay, on the PAC 12 app, on list of providers, sling, utube, and vidgo are not listed, but Fubo is, among many others. Not saying they won’t work, but who knows.

Can anyone find out for sure if link on utsports.com bypasses need for subscribing to Fubo or another such streaming tv?

I agree. What I should have said is the Lady Vols don't have a player that does this on a consistent basis against quality opponents like Megan.

This is the magic missing from the prior staffs...A finisher, a honer, a skills expert to train these girls to reach this level

I can be there tomorrow

I hope Coach K reads here! Go Coach em J.

its surprising how many UT staffers do read this site, gule and I don't blame them,,,here instead of just reading what what is written, people can interact with not only the original poster, but every one of the succeeding posters that have something to say. Fans, experts and trolls included. Some of the information is enlightening and there are perceptions and points-of-emphasis that are quite fascinating.

Its better than a blog because it has a deep history with the individual sport-forums of the university.

And I too hope she reads this, or one of her staff...I am more than ready to show what I can do.
(Give me Jaz and I will give her a jumper, Emily and I will teach her how to unleash that power, Rennia and I will give you the second coming of Chamique).

Unlike with Coach Warlick, whom I felt I could have matched or bettered,,,Coach K is just starting and she is on par with most of the levels of progress I would have thought to be reached at this time...Timeout usage not withstanding.

But at this point I am fully 100% behind Coach K and her staff

This is the magic missing from the prior staffs...A finisher, a honer, a skills expert to train these girls to reach this level

I can be there tomorrow
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

When I watch the Pac-12 network, I just download the app, and it gives you a five minute preview, and there's a glitch where the five minutes goes away and you can watch as long as you'd like. It works for me, and I hope it works for you all too.

Watched them vs. Mississippi State, and if we catch them on an off night, they're a very beatable squad. We're no worse than Miss. St. and they hung with them, so we can too.

I hope eventually, we see this line up Kasi at 5, Key at 4 ( wonderful 4 to 10ft shot), Massengill at point, Horston at 2/3 Davis at 2/3. 1st on floor, at 4 mins Rae, no matter who goes out...solid talent wise, next in Rinnie, girl plays D, no one scores on her, she needs to breakout shooting, but D as a freshman is nice. She ALWAYS has hands up. Harris down low is such an amazing surprise. Credit new staff for getting her here, and HUGE credit to her! Certainly a transformation. We also have Sanders, this young lady, has a barby look, at 6ft5 but she has skills shooting and blocking shots. I like the new staff, learning and teaching. I hope Rae isn't discouraged, as she should start, and Brown should be a confidence settling down influence. Imagine Horston, Davis, Rae, Massengill, and pick a post line up.

Reactions: Amb3096
I really believe in our defense this season and on the other hand no confidence at all in our offense. We have to make Stanford a low scoring game and hope we come out on top of an ugly defensive game.

Where have you been?
Rennia Davis can play in the late status for the entire game. Ray Burrell Jordan horston both of them can take over for spurts.

Amazing!
Davis is about it.

Coach, I’m sure you would agree that you can’t go by games against bad teams. Neither Burrell or Horston have taken over in spurts against the two “good” teams Tennessee has played so far this season.

Davis is about it.

Coach, I’m sure you would agree that you can’t go by games against bad teams. Neither Burrell or Horston have taken over in spurts against the two “good” teams Tennessee has played so far this season.

I do agree. But as a coach I know that if it can be done in practice and if it can be done against a lesser team, it can be done anytime.
Both Burrell and Horston have to be challenged correctly from within the staff.

The right words can make a difference.
Just like it did with Meme last year

Sorry J but Meme was not consistent last year at all unless it was in being inconsistent. mho

In her set-back period, (Dec-Feb) there was reason.

She turned it around enough to be invited to a WNBA workout and I think Atlanta regrets it now, because they struggled with the two things she excelled at: lock down defender and 3 pt shooting
I think she will give it another attempt next year if she doesn't fall in love with overseas play

Last edited:
Okay, on the PAC 12 app, on list of providers, sling, utube, and vidgo are not listed, but Fubo is, among many others. Not saying they won’t work, but who knows.

Can anyone find out for sure if link on utsports.com bypasses need for subscribing to Fubo or another such streaming tv?
I tried to use it today and it got on the network for a five minute preview and was cut off. You can try for yourself by using the top of the page tabs. What shows on the screen when you get there is a video. To access the live station you go to the top of the page. Under watch you go the Pac 12 live you have to provide your service provider and it has to be someone on the list.

I tried to use it today and it got on the network for a five minute preview and was cut off. You can try for yourself by using the top of the page tabs. What shows on the screen when you get there is a video. To access the live station you go to the top of the page. Under watch after you go the Pac 12 live you have to provide your service provider and it has to be someone on the list.
Did you try moving the time slider? When I move it a few times, the 5:00 limit goes away.

No I'm totally blocked out unless I can list a subscriber with the Pac 12 network which I don't have. I have all the other Big Ten, SEC, and ACC lol wouldn't you know you don't have the one you need. So my plan is Fubo TV seven day trial watch and then cancel.

No I'm totally blocked out unless I can list a subscriber with the Pac 12 network which I don't have. I have all the other Big Ten, SEC, and ACC lol wouldn't you know you don't have the one you need. So my plan is Fubo TV seven day trial watch and then cancel.
Delete it, redownload it, then once you are viewing something - try it. It works for me.

I do agree. But as a coach I know that if it can be done in practice and if it can be done against a lesser team, it can be done anytime.
Both Burrell and Horston have to be challenged correctly from within the staff.

The right words can make a difference.
Just like it did with Meme last year
But they haven’t. Was that a shot at the coaches?

But they haven’t. Was that a shot at the coaches?

Not at all, I am 100 behind Coach K and her staff.
All I am trying to say or do is give my input.

I have coached long enough to know that every athlete has their own motivations, goals and idiosyncrasies.
And it is not a matter of level (elite, novice, etc)
It is part of being human
and reaching each athlete is its own challenge for every coach

Players are unique in Motivations
like:
Pregame incorporates:
  • Rituals for some,
  • IPOD tunes
  • Yelling and punching lockers for some
  • Sitting with teammates for some, solitude for others
  • Some will kill you with a smile on their face, other reach for their inner "beast"
  • Some are Alphas, some are Betas
  • etc
Each one looking for that "edge"

When a player goes into a funk or in reverse of where they were headed, the coach(es) has/have to be able to read, if there is a need
And then the right one has to take action...Just like when the assistant coach (BG I think) had dinner and talked to Diamond, and DD was DD for a while...Then recessed because the connection wasn't continued.

Once DD felt alone again, she faltered. Look at her now though...elite in every way in the W
DD needed an influence stronger than hers and in the WNBA she has found it

Meme was that way. I mentored her through emails for two years...She needed to hear the right words to perform at her peak mentally...Not "do this do that" instructions, that is for the coach, my input to her was to get her to play the entire game, not just be a 1-2 dimensional player. I told her to risk,, to fill the entire stat line. And when she needed goading to shoot the rock, I pushed her in that manner.

I think Jordan needs the same.

No kick to the coaches
But maybe a poke

Last edited:

VN Store

Back