Look at us now compared to other programs in the same situation

The bad thing is, I think Mullen was coming to UT if the FL job had not opened up all of a sudden. I am not sure if I am happy or not. I think Mullen is a great coach, anyone who can take Miss St to #1 can't be a lousy coach. But eventually Pruitt and staff may become as good or better. Only time will tell.
Pruitt better fit here.

Scott Frost is a brilliant young coach who is at the mercy of a program who has a very hard time recruiting top players...They are clearly in the wrong conference as well....Chip Kellys UCLA team has won 3 in a row and the offense rolling like a machine...Scott Morris sucks...Period...Only team on your list we are ahead of at this point is Arkansas...We are about even with Nebraska...UCLA is better than us.

UCLA and Chip Kelly have monstrous problems. He has lost his team IMO. 30 of his players including his starting QB do not trust him or is staff regarding injuries and how they're managed as well as they want an independent advisor to protect them from coronavirus. No they're not better than us.

Scott Frost is a brilliant young coach who is at the mercy of a program who has a very hard time recruiting top players...They are clearly in the wrong conference as well....Chip Kellys UCLA team has won 3 in a row and the offense rolling like a machine...Scott Morris sucks...Period...Only team on your list we are ahead of at this point is Arkansas...We are about even with Nebraska...UCLA is better than us.
thNHDOSBUM.jpg

What do y'all think was the better situation going for Tennessee going into a season 2015 or 2020? I think 2020 is a better situation than 2015 was because the recruiting and coaching are much better.
I legitimately take Pruitt all day. I’m a defense guy. I watch every snap when the other team has the ball and his pedigree speaks for itself. No doubt there were learning curves but what do you expect from a first time head coach at a huge program. I haven’t been this confident about a team’s cohesiveness and direction since Fulmer left.

I remember during the time that we hired Jeremy Pruitt, that there were several big name candidates that we wanted and Jeremy Pruit at the time seemed like a consolation prize. Let's see how the other big name coaches are doing:

Scott Frost - he started out bad and his program at this point is nowhere close to what they had envisioned
Chip Kelly - his offense it now outdated
Scott Morris - Arkansas still has not won a SEC game

I would say that we made a pretty good decision in who we hired
Not to mention Gundy and Leach who have their own set of issues in today’s climate. Pruitt will turn out to be the best of all of them.

CJP is doing better imo, he had to redo the foundation of this program and then build on that. Last year was hopefully the completion of the foundation but we should find out this year if he needs a nother year to recruit to really make a pass at the east

After all this will be his 3rd signed recruiting class and hopefully it'll be in the top 10 when it's all said and done. So two top 10 classes and a top 15 class. Going 8-4 this year is a good season for us and being competitive in the 4 loses. While convincingly winning the other 8 games will show future recruits that we are truly heading in the right direction.

Reactions: kcvols1
What a moronic post - leaving out Dan Mullen, who has UF in the top 15/National conversation for yet another year. I like what Pruitt has done to improve this year but wow this is a stretch

Mullen is a proven Head Football Coach. He also inherited a gold mine of recruiting talent, in the state of Florida. Add to that, FSU and Miami aren't exactly burning the woods down, lately. UCF is probably his biggest recruiting rival, for in-state talent. Not to mention, Florida wasn't exactly bare of talent, and returning starters. I am not diminishing what Coach Mullen has accomplished. I don't think anyone anticipated the immediate success he has enjoyed.

I remember during the time that we hired Jeremy Pruitt, that there were several big name candidates that we wanted and Jeremy Pruit at the time seemed like a consolation prize. Let's see how the other big name coaches are doing:

Scott Frost - he started out bad and his program at this point is nowhere close to what they had envisioned
Chip Kelly - his offense it now outdated
Scott Morris - Arkansas still has not won a SEC game

I would say that we made a pretty good decision in who we hired

it’s not that his offense is outdated. It’s that everyone else is running it. It’s the opposite of outdated. It’s the trendy thing to do. A decade ago at Oregon he was ahead of everyone else and it gave him an advantage. Now he’s even with them so his offense gives him no advantage

VN Store

Back