Look at us now compared to other programs in the same situation

There were people mentioning Tom Herman now at Texas when Frost was being discussed as well. He had a great year last year, appears to have shat the bed this season with Longhorn fans. He inherited a much better situation at Texas than Pruitt did here at UT, yet this season, the two teams are comparable. I'd say the Vols are playing better than the Longhorns are, but turns out Herman was not the homerun Texas thought he was going to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: PA Vol and KBVol
It's hard to win as a Power 5 head coach. I don't care if it's Texas, or Nebraska, or Washington State, or Tennessee. It's just hard to get back to the top after you've fallen on hard times.

Folks were talking blue blazes about Mike Leach (Wash St., 6-5, 3-5 in conference) as recently as a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't trade for him, not for anything. Ours is better.

I do think Scott Frost (5-6, 3-5 in conference) is Nebraska's last best hope, that if he can't do it, it just may not be doable until some sea change happens. He probably is a very talented young man, even if it ultimately fails there. Ours is better.

Tom Herman (6-5, 4-4 in conference) is getting quirky...starting to wander down the Jim Harbaugh path. At least he's not holding sleepovers with recruits yet. I don't think so, anyway. He is headbutting players who have helmets on, with his own head bare. Not too bright. Ours is better, 'aight' and all.

Willie Taggart (fired), well, that's kind of 'nuff said.

Every one of these coaches was, at some point in the past two years--and some quite recently--held up by members of our own fan base as a "far better option."

Nope. Ours is better.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Update:

Tennessee heading to 7-5, 5-3 in SEC the best conference in the land , 9 four stars, 0.88 avg 2020 recruit

Nebraska heading to 5-7, 3-6 in B1G, 3 four stars, 0.88 avg 2020 recruit

UCLA heading to 4-8 or 5-7, 4-4 in terrible PAC, 2 four stars, 0.86 avg 2020 recruit

Arkansas - null, fired.

FSU - null, fired.

I know your last comment ridiculed Pruitt, and then myself, stating "you don't watch much football do you?".

I do. UCLA sucks. Have seen it every week before and after you ran your mouth.
UCLA lost but they still played good...They just do not have a defense right now is all...And I stand by my comment, You honest to god do not watch much football....But go ahead and gloat if it makes you feel better.

UCLA lost but they still played good...They just do not have a defense right now is all...And I stand by my comment, You honest to god do not watch much football....But go ahead and gloat if it makes you feel better.
Lol. I honest to God have no idea how you'd make such a statement about someone without knowing anything about them.

The analytics continue to say you're fos.

BYU beat USC btw. I watched it.

Scott Frost is a brilliant young coach who is at the mercy of a program who has a very hard time recruiting top players...They are clearly in the wrong conference as well....Chip Kellys UCLA team has won 3 in a row and the offense rolling like a machine...Scott Morris sucks...Period...Only team on your list we are ahead of at this point is Arkansas...We are about even with Nebraska...UCLA is better than us.
Nebraska finished 5-7
Scott Frost is a brilliant young coach who is at the mercy of a program who has a very hard time recruiting top players...They are clearly in the wrong conference as well....Chip Kellys UCLA team has won 3 in a row and the offense rolling like a machine...Scott Morris sucks...Period...Only team on your list we are ahead of at this point is Arkansas...We are about even with Nebraska...UCLA is better than us.
Nebraska was 4-8 last year, 5-7 this year, 9 wins in 2 seasons, in a weaker conference. We’ll be 7-5 after tomorrow with a chance to win 8 after a bowl. I don’t think we’re even at all.

I 100% believe we beat Nebraska and UCLA by minimum of 10

Nebraska finished 5-7

Nebraska was 4-8 last year, 5-7 this year, 9 wins in 2 seasons, in a weaker conference. We’ll be 7-5 after tomorrow with a chance to win 8 after a bowl. I don’t think we’re even at all.
We have only beaten one team this season with a winning record UAB and Miss St and Mizzou just made it to .500...Nebraska had to play OSU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana and Iowa which they blew the game against today...They have improved over what they were last season for sure....We have squeaked by almost every game we have won...Not complaining i'll take a win any way I can get it...UCLA has a powerful offense but absolutely no defense...They can and will score a lot of points but they give up a ton too....At this point I would say we are better than both but at the time of the post I firmly believed UCLA was better at that point...But we are far from world beaters so I am not sure why some of you are pumping your chest...But hey if it makes you feel good go for it...I just laugh.

We have only beaten one team this season with a winning record UAB and Miss St and Mizzou just made it to .500...Nebraska had to play OSU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana and Iowa which they blew the game against today...They have improved over what they were last season for sure....We have squeaked by almost every game we have won...Not complaining i'll take a win any way I can get it...UCLA has a powerful offense but absolutely no defense...They can and will score a lot of points but they give up a ton too....At this point I would say we are better than both but at the time of the post I firmly believed UCLA was better at that point...But we are far from world beaters so I am not sure why some of you are pumping your chest...But hey if it makes you feel good go for it...I just laugh.

Any chance you can add golf to your username for proper identification?

Lol....one of the dumber posts I’ve seen here. We’re the same as Nebraska at this point? I suggest you go root for them. That was an all time stupid post.

Lol....one of the dumber posts I’ve seen here. We’re the same as Nebraska at this point? I suggest you go root for them. That was an all time stupid post.
Stupid?...Really?...Did you uh happen to read the follow up posts or did your mom get tired of reading to you for the night?...Wow...Go look in the mirror next time you feel like calling someone stupid.

UCLA is straight trash under Kelly. Man, if you’re trying to make an argument with “how good UCLA is”, you’ve got yourself an impossible task.

3 wins last year, 4 wins this year, 117th in total defense, 65th in total offense in a conference that plays no defense.

Good luck with your argument with UCLA as you’re example, you’re gonna need it.

Reactions: Remy and VFL-82-JP
1. So UCLA has “improved” from 3 wins to 4....incredible.

2. We’ve made huge strides from last year.
- 5 wins to about to be 7, possibly 8 with a bowl win.
-Beat the holy hell out of SCar, completely controlled the Missouri game and only a handful of unforced mistakes kept us from beating them by 3 touchdowns....total yardage was TN 526, Mizz 280. Also, after a slow start at Kentucky, made great adjustments and completely controlled the last 3 quarters of that game.
-At Tuscaloosa, vs #1 Alabama, was 1 yard away from making it a 1 score game with 7 minutes left before JG engaged in his stupidity.
-last year lost a school record 6 games by 25 points or more.....this year, it’s been 2 games.
-clearly, we got off to a horrific start, had two inexcusable losses, but we should absolutely be 9-3 right now, at least 8-4 without Taylor’s ridiculously dumb play vs BYU.

3. You’re sure you’re a Tennessee fan with your “(Tennessee) is far from world beaters, not sure why some of YOU (Tennessee fans) are pumping your chest”....I’m not “pumping my chest”, I’m just calling it like I see it. Nobody is ever gonna confuse me with a sunshine pumper, but I’m watching a Tennessee team playimg very well right now, certainly better than 5-7 Nebraska and 4-7 UCLA. Nobody is saying the Vols are “world beaters, just that Tennessee has gone from folding at the very first mistake, at ANY sign of adversity and finding ways to lose..... to a team that can overcome several untimely mistakes on the road (vs Ky and Mizz) and win a hard fought conference games....something neither Neb or UCLA hasn’t been able to do.

4. Laugh all you want, but Tennessee, the team I pull for, despite making a handful of mistakes is still playing very good football, is gonna win 7 or 8 games this year.....while the teams you’re promoting, UCLA and Nebraska, will be able to watch Tennessee play in its bowl game while they’re sitting at home.

1. So UCLA has “improved” from 3 wins to 4....incredible.

2. We’ve made huge strides from last year.
- 5 wins to about to be 7, possibly 8 with a bowl win.
-Beat the holy hell out of SCar, completely controlled the Missouri game and only a handful of unforced mistakes kept us from beating them by 3 touchdowns....total yardage was TN 526, Mizz 280. Also, after a slow start at Kentucky, made great adjustments and completely controlled the last 3 quarters of that game.
-At Tuscaloosa, vs #1 Alabama, was 1 yard away from making it a 1 score game with 7 minutes left before JG engaged in his stupidity.
-last year lost a school record 6 games by 25 points or more.....this year, it’s been 2 games.
-clearly, we got off to a horrific start, had two inexcusable losses, but we should absolutely be 9-3 right now, at least 8-4 without Taylor’s ridiculously dumb play vs BYU.

3. You’re sure you’re a Tennessee fan with your “(Tennessee) is far from world beaters, not sure why some of YOU (Tennessee fans) are pumping your chest”....I’m not “pumping my chest”, I’m just calling it like I see it. Nobody is ever gonna confuse me with a sunshine pumper, but I’m watching a Tennessee team playimg very well right now, certainly better than 5-7 Nebraska and 4-7 UCLA. Nobody is saying the Vols are “world beaters, just that Tennessee has gone from folding at the very first mistake, at ANY sign of adversity and finding ways to lose..... to a team that can overcome several untimely mistakes on the road (vs Ky and Mizz) and win a hard fought conference games....something neither Neb or UCLA hasn’t been able to do.

4. Laugh all you want, but Tennessee, the team I pull for, despite making a handful of mistakes is still playing very good football, is gonna win 7 or 8 games this year.....while the teams you’re promoting, UCLA and Nebraska, will be able to watch Tennessee play in its bowl game while they’re sitting at home.
Wow you really took that much time out of your life to type all that out to TRY and make a point?..Seriously?...People asked a question and I answered with my opinion...Didn't ask everybody to approve of it...Don't really care but to see guys like you so butthurt over it is absolutely HILARIOUS!...No I do not support UCLA or Nebraska, I just gave a mid season opinion of them compared to the mega powerhouse known as Tennessee football at the time...Are you seriously that dumb?...Seriously?...Yes we have improved but damn why are you trying so hard to hammer your opinion?..I could care less honestly...But am happy you feel the need to keep on responding and attempting to try and downgrade my post, It was only an opinion...Have at it if you don't like it but if I were you I would honestly consider getting a life because your obsession with this topic is disturbing...This is the last I will comment on this because I am concerned for your mental health so have a nice night.

Wow you really took that much time out of your life to type all that out to TRY and make a point?..Seriously?...People asked a question and I answered with my opinion...Didn't ask everybody to approve of it...Don't really care but to see guys like you so butthurt over it is absolutely HILARIOUS!...No I do not support UCLA or Nebraska, I just gave a mid season opinion of them compared to the mega powerhouse known as Tennessee football at the time...Are you seriously that dumb?...Seriously?...Yes we have improved but damn why are you trying so hard to hammer your opinion?..I could care less honestly...But am happy you feel the need to keep on responding and attempting to try and downgrade my post, It was only an opinion...Have at it if you don't like it but if I were you I would honestly consider getting a life because your obsession with this topic is disturbing...This is the last I will comment on this because I am concerned for your mental health so have a nice night.

So a post that was well thought out, using actual stats and you are worried about the mental health of KB? Lol. You are ragging on him for giving his opinion on your opinion. Given what you have posted about this maybe its your mental health that needs worrying about.

Reactions: Remy
Chip Kellys UCLA team has won 3 in a row and the offense rolling like a machine...Scott Morris sucks...Period...Only team on your list we are ahead of at this point is Arkansas...We are about even with Nebraska...UCLA is better than us.

This take was poor at the time.

Chip has now had 30 transfers in his tenure, finished 4-8, and just announced that players do not trust his handling of COVID and are demanding a 3rd party health supervisor before they continue practicing.

UCLA football players demand protection from 'injustices' amid pandemic return

What a moronic post - leaving out Dan Mullen, who has UF in the top 15/National conversation for yet another year. I like what Pruitt has done to improve this year but wow this is a stretch

Shhhh...the argument is better when one cherry picks the facts

What a moronic post - leaving out Dan Mullen, who has UF in the top 15/National conversation for yet another year. I like what Pruitt has done to improve this year but wow this is a stretch
Nothing moronic about it in the slightest. Mullen was one of the top targets for many schools looking for coaches. The guy won a lot at Mississippi State for heavens sake. Don’t take the post out of context, our coaching search was a disaster; we’re fortunate at how this Pruitt hire has turned out so far. You haven’t even seen what he can do yet either, he’s still learning on the job and getting his guys in.

What do y'all think was the better situation going for Tennessee going into a season 2015 or 2020? I think 2020 is a better situation than 2015 was because the recruiting and coaching are much better.

What do y'all think was the better situation going for Tennessee going into a season 2015 or 2020? I think 2020 is a better situation than 2015 was because the recruiting and coaching are much better.

No doubt in my mind we are in better shape. I think the foundations are being set for long term success. Strength and conditioning are much better. Expectations of staff are higher and Pruitt seems to be a straight shooter - either do your job well or move out. Hopefully we’ll continue to see improved play this season.

EL OH EL

VN Store

Back