Let us consider what KJH might be doing

I am very sorry for my error. I had assumed your post was talking about a relevant matter which is Kellie's time here at Tennessee. I should have known better.
We dove deeper and went beyond the initial surface of the topic. It's ok. No need to apologize. You are just fine.

Dawn took that job back in 2009, different dynamic to build a team verses now. At what point do fans stop moving the goal post on why she’s not showing signs she’s the right choice? Why does it take 5 years when recruiting in the portal is instant?

I've been told that expectations of instant gratification is unhealthy.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Lumping Holly and Kellie into the same coaching lessens your credibility. Key and Jordan have made significant improvements during their time as LVs. Rae Burrel went from a bull in a china shop as a freshman to a first round pick in the WNBA. Tess Darby massive step forward between her freshman and junior year,.

last year this team was an absolute monster when it came to defense and rebounding (though injuries took things down a notch as the season progressed).

After two games, the people who I suspect have a Jeff Walz obsession are coming out of the woodwork to attack the team which is figuring out to integrate a significant number of players into the team and had to adjust on the fly to an injury to their star, Jordan Horston.

These rants are getting tiresome,

There are so many former players and coaches involved with this forum ! But to put Holly coaching and basketball principles or skills in a statement tells you all you need to know about the author of such information…. Then to have the mindset to try and draw a correlation between Holly and Kellie as coaches….. I have no words ! 🤷‍♂️

Sometimes its not about talent, KJH is trying to create mental giants rather than mental midgets. When I think of the Lady Vols, during our dominance, the first word that comes to mind is toughness, the Lady Vols are mentally and physically stronger and better at what we do than you. Lady Vols haven't been tough lately, we have our moments. We usually lose games when teams are more aggressive, and or are more physical than us, its has been our achilles heels since.... If we don't become more tougher team mentally and physically, playing like Lady Vols, with an aggressiveness and toughness of both ends of the floor. KJH results will be the same , average. As, Lady Vols fans, we do know what championship teams and basketball looks like. ijs lol So its kinda hard to ******** us. lol

I just want to see those grades in the classroom translated to the basketball court with their decision making. Each game its should be all about us, establishing our pace and the style we want to play (this helps refs when they are calling our games). I see players thinking a lot, trying to do too much, rushed, and timid, and shell shocked, SOFT. Practice and playing in front of the big lights are two separate thing, lol ijs then the tradition. I just thought I would see a more aggressive team, a more confident team on floor but its still early. She stated they don't talk, this is a quiet team, they are not talking on the court. Communication is huge, talent is negated. Communication = Confidence.

KJH is building her brand of championship basketball for the Lady Vols. Hopefully, with all these early season test, pressure games, toughens them up, and build their confidence, as a team. I believe in her, these ladies need to be challenged, this whole season (pressure) and we will see or figure out which players are ready by their play on the court.

Confidence in their skillset, and ability to play basketball individually, and as a team. Lady Vols are soft and KJH knows all about toughness, softness don't come to mind when you think of Coach Harper I mean we've seen coaches with average (players) teams, but they exuded so much swag and confident (toughness), they took those less talented teams to the final fours. KJH can coach.

Defense & Rebounding & Good Guard play wins Championships.

Last edited:
Then pass judgement on her at the END of year four, not the beginning.
Not passing judgement, the results are what they are. Not sure why fans feel the need we need to give the grace of 5 years because Staley did it at SC. I’ve said since end of last year this is her direction year to hang a banner or hang a left out the door.

Not passing judgement, the results are what they are. Not sure why fans feel the need we need to give the grace of 5 years because Staley did it at SC. I’ve said since end of last year this is her direction year to hang a banner or hang a left out the door.

Dear Kellie, you lost the NCAA championship game on a buzzer beater, in quadruple overtime, to South Carolina. We appreciate that you made it this far with a team of walk-ons after your all your scholarship players were lost to season ending injures.

However, we have no choice but to fire you, No banner, no job....

Dear Kellie, you lost the NCAA championship game on a buzzer beater, in quadruple overtime, to South Carolina. We appreciate that you made it this far with a team of walk-ons after your all your scholarship players were lost to season ending injures.

However, we have no choice but to fire you, No banner, no job....
However it needs to be worded, less is more when it comes to those moments.

If it comes to that. We all want her to succeed, just not seeing anything that says she will.

You‘re on my ignore list, but after looking at your post, I‘m reminded why. Guess you would have fired Pat long long ago. After all, for 30 of her 38 Coaching years, she did not win the National Championship.

It’s all about putting your team in the running to win. Pat did it, and Kellie will, too.

If you ever watched a deer in the headlights this was it ,my dear. With the high beams on.
I still believe sometimes coaches and players need to learn early their shortcomings and weaknesses , soon soon soon than later.
Everyone thought this team by roster was top five or above , I heard you licking your chops and slobbing at the mouth at expectations of orange grandeur . It's all good , I love orange also except on pumpkins ( they should be the color of potato chip ).
Humility is a muther fritos , it makes you run plays , x's and o's and all kind of other good ish to make your team a champion. The Basketball Gods and Godesses aren't giving away titles on talent and good looks alone , you got to put in the work. You will see throughout the season alot of stuff TLV has to work on heavily , it goes with winning the Chip which doesn't come instantly. Instant servings is McDonalds and Burger Kings and Dairy Queens , that the only places you can have it your way.
I'm quite sure that Coach Kellie on her way to the road of the Final Four has learned already that deers have to learn to cross the road only whereever there's a 'Deer Crossing" sign .
Road Kill don't obey the laws of the road.

You‘re on my ignore list, but after looking at your post, I‘m reminded why. Guess you would have fired Pat long long ago. After all, for 30 of her 38 Coaching years, she did not win the National Championship.

It’s all about putting your team in the running to win. Pat did it, and Kellie will, too.

So only converse with those with likeminded views because observing what others are saying in regards to a coach may open your eyes. I’m at the age to be able to disagree without believing in an ignore button for protection of differing/exposing views. Pat coached in a different time, I’d like for Harper to be 1/2 what Pat was.

However it needs to be worded, less is more when it comes to those moments.

If it comes to that. We all want her to succeed, just not seeing anything that says she will.
Her answer to Ohio State full court press could have been to full court press them back.
Maybe that's why she ran it in the second game. Fight fire with fire . And crisp passes.

Her answer to Ohio State full court press could have been to full court press them back.
Maybe that's why she ran it in the second game. Fight fire with fire . And crisp passes.

pressing teams hate to be pressed.
bc they face it so much learning it in practice that it brings up memories of practice during games

If you ever watched a deer in the headlights this was it ,my dear. With the high beams on.
I still believe sometimes coaches and players need to learn early their shortcomings and weaknesses , soon soon soon than later.
Everyone thought this team by roster was top five or above , I heard you licking your chops and slobbing at the mouth at expectations of orange grandeur . It's all good , I love orange also except on pumpkins ( they should be the color of potato chip ).
Humility is a muther fritos , it makes you run plays , x's and o's and all kind of other good ish to make your team a champion. The Basketball Gods and Godesses aren't giving away titles on talent and good looks alone , you got to put in the work. You will see throughout the season alot of stuff TLV has to work on heavily , it goes with winning the Chip which doesn't come instantly. Instant servings is McDonalds and Burger Kings and Dairy Queens , that the only places you can have it your way.
I'm quite sure that Coach Kellie on her way to the road of the Final Four has learned already that deers have to learn to cross the road only whereever there's a 'Deer Crossing" sign .
Did we recently legalize pot in TN?

IF each player plays up to their potential, with a freedom, enjoy playing the game, competing, each player sharing and showcasing their skill set on the biggest state in WCBB, each player not holding any thing back on the court. Wow. IF KJH figures out how to get Jasmine, Brooklyn,Tess, Rickea, Jordy, Jaz, and Key to play their roles, doing what they do best consistently for the season with Lady Vol's intensity, an energy. Wow. Five potential award winners, if those ladies figure out how to play together. Wow. Go hard for each other, have each other backs so they can go all out. WOW If she gets that to happen in one season...Wow. And IF they realize they can ALL can be great individually and together. WOW. Coach of the Year. KJH, has us all talking about Final Fours and we can all see it. WOW.

Defense, rebounding, and good guard play wins Championships.

Last edited:
Did we recently legalize pot in TN?
200w.gif

Reactions: chuckiepoo
As a long time Lady Vol fan, I have chosen to put my efforts into supporting my favorite coach & team and encourage them to overcome any deficiencies they may have. No one is perfect; we all have flaws. I recognize some of the flaws they have but focus on the multitude of positive aspects constantly on display. Pulling for a perfect team would be boring. Finding a way to win in spite of adversity is what makes sports thrilling. Go Lady Vols

Thank you,Prophet. Mudcat couldn’t have said it better.

Board still the same huh. It worked out great. We have a former three time ncaa champion, personification of what being a lady vol is all about. Only a LV4L will ever coach Lady Vols basketball, and I think it should be incorporated into all women sports at UT, it should be written in stone. Building a team who can compete for a championship.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back