Let us consider what KJH might be doing

Isn't a "couple of years" equal to two years?

And, let me take a page from your book: Who said anything about Holly? You're making things up now!! I never said anything about Holly. Boy, you're really fabricating things now!!!
easier to say 2 years. Couple of years is up to interpretation of give and take. There’s a contingent of Holly bashers who follow Kellie as no wrong. It was reference point of when I joined.

But the goal post was as a reference to your post.

lol It was actually in response to your post, which was apparently in turn a response to my obsessive fan Al who I've had blocked for some time (which you currently appear to be finding out why). Unsurprising he's trying to flip-flop the timeline from four years to five now in light of this season's stellar start...

Reactions: Majors
lol It was actually in response to your post, which was apparently in turn a response to my obsessive fan Al who I've had blocked for some time (which you currently appear to be finding out why). Unsurprising he's trying to flip-flop the timeline from four years to five now in light of this season's stellar start...

I'm on record a couple of years ago saying she should get 5 because of the lost year of development and recruiting due to covid. Paying attention is hard..........................

He likes to dance, so we dance. I’m of the age, if you don’t like my honesty you can move on or unfollow. Unfortunately more are seeing the concerns others saw awhile ago.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
He likes to dance, so we dance. I’m of the age, if you don’t like my honesty you can move on or unfollow. Unfortunately more are seeing the concerns others saw awhile ago.

I've been here long enough that I was put on blast for YEARS for saying Holly wasn't the right coach for the job. I'm feeling a sense of deja vu now...

Reactions: Majors
I've been here long enough that I was put on blast for YEARS for saying Holly wasn't the right coach for the job. I'm feeling a sense of deja vu now...
Darth, no question that you were right on Holly. I’d like to suggest that you are perhaps premature on your Kelly predictions of failure however. That book is still being written and she has had some success already so it is not out of line for fans to still feel like she has a higher ceiling at UT, which I certainly believe. Give it a little more time, I suspect this year will turn around strongly by conference play, certainly by tourney time. It might be that UT goes into this tourney seeded a little lower than last year but makes a better run, that’s what I think will happen.

kind of makes the whole LVFL thing really an after thought once that firing happened.

Darth, no question that you were right on Holly. I’d like to suggest that you are perhaps premature on your Kelly predictions of failure however. That book is still being written and she has had some success already so it is not out of line for fans to still feel like she has a higher ceiling at UT, which I certainly believe. Give it a little more time, I suspect this year will turn around strongly by conference play, certainly by tourney time. It might be that UT goes into this tourney seeded a little lower than last year but makes a better run, that’s what I think will happen.

UYou're asking him to treat her fairly. NEVER gonna happen.

Every team has an "until"

Yes we are 3 games into the season, 4 years into her career here and approaching 20 years total. How patient does one need to be?
So how much of 20 years has to do with Kellie?
Yes there are “untils” but ours were our two best players and we still got to the sweet sixteen.

As far as I'm concerned, this is Kellie's prove-it year. Four seasons is an adequate sample size to know what you have in a coach IMO, especially one with almost two decades of experience. If she can't finish second in the SEC and make a deep March run with this roster, it's never happening. Needless to say, the start of this pivotal season has been incredibly underwhelming...

As far as I'm concerned, this is Kellie's prove-it year. Four seasons is an adequate sample size to know what you have in a coach IMO, especially one with almost two decades of experience. If she can't finish second in the SEC and make a deep March run with this roster, it's never happening. Needless to say, the start of this pivotal season has been incredibly underwhelming...
No worries Darth, let it play out for the season this year, you may be surprised. I suspect you will be.

Reactions: VOLPAT
Do you also suspect that the Lady Vols will win the SEC regular season, tourney, and the national title?
Let’s take that one at a time. SEC regular season…no, SC will do that. SEC Tourney, likely same, but you never know. The NC? Not this year for UT. I would wager on SC or Stanford, there are a few others that could crack that code, obviously UConn could, let’s wait and watch. UT could end up in final 8 perhaps, if they get their **** together.

UT came into the preseason heavily favored for big things. If we are being real here, the defense from last year has not shown up yet, nor has the rebounding. There is hope, many of same players still here. But to win the SEC or especially the NC, you have to have a team that is dialed in on their offensive and defensive identity. And you have to have the right combo of players to see that endeavor through a long season. LV‘s are pretty far off that right now, lets give it some time before we say ye or nay.

Last edited:

Exactly what do you consider a “deep run”? Tournaments are pretty unpredictable with injuries, another team playing lights out, a couple marginal calls, etc.. I think a final ranking before the tournament starts is a better indication of how well the team/coaches performed.
Myself, I would be happy with a final ranking in top 10 and I am not going to be calling for a firing if we finish in top 15.

So how much of 20 years has to do with Kellie?
Yes there are “untils” but ours were our two best players and we still got to the sweet sixteen.
All 20 years, she’s an experienced coach in regards to years. Not much equity to show she can win at a high level. This is a big year for her to prove she can coach at this level.

Exactly what do you consider a “deep run”? Tournaments are pretty unpredictable with injuries, another team playing lights out, a couple marginal calls, etc.. I think a final ranking before the tournament starts is a better indication of how well the team/coaches performed.
Myself, I would be happy with a final ranking in top 10 and I am not going to be calling for a firing if we finish in top 15.

Agreed with you until you got to the end. Kellie has worked miracles here, especially last year. Talk of firing? You people here are being pushed to say these things by a well spoken enemy, Darth, a VANDERBILT fan.

Reactions: ruvol and Rickster
Agreed with you until you got to the end. Kellie has worked miracles here, especially last year. Talk of firing? You people here are being pushed to say these things by a well spoken enemy, Darth, a VANDERBILT fan.

Yes, I probably should have worded it a little differently. I wouldn’t call for firing if we finished outside the top 15 but depending how far down we finish maybe a program evaluation should be done as far as recruiting, staff positions, internal issues, etc.. I am sure a review is done every year by the coaching staff but IMO the review should get a little more serious if we finish outside the top 15, more of an evaluation including the AD and coach Kellie to see what needs to be changed to get us consistently in the top 10; if that is our goal.

A lot of us have been bewildered as to what KJH is doing with the Lady Vols. She has a load of talent that has the potential to be a very good team. Let's say that she is more concerned about coming up with combinations which will produce more victories, in the long run, and put the team in better position to make a final four run. Maybe she is more concerned with final outcome than early season rankings. In reality, these early rankings are not that important except for us fans. She just might be trying to see what the team looks like in early competition with the desire to come up with a core group and a secondary group that will not be a serious drop off from her core group. I am going to tell myself to be patient and wait a few more games and see the direction the team is headed and try not to jump to conclusions.
Sadly teacherdean, she has been doing the same thing every year for 4 years as the LV coach and did the same thing in her previous head coaching jobs.Hopefully she will get a smaller rotation sorted out soon but she has said time and again that she likes to play her whole roster .

Well, I hate to have to admit it but Darthie has been pretty astute and credible with his criticisms of the team and Coaching or lack of it lately. that's jmho of course.

Reactions: Darth_Vol

Top 15??!!

Bah! Mediocrity!

VN Store

Back