Let me just go ahead and state some Christmas truth. I hope every SEC team except the Vols lose in their bowl game.

I wish there was a way every team in the country except the Vols could lose their bowl game. I don’t care who wins the other games. I’ve never understood rooting for your conference rivals in bowl games. The only time I have pulled for rivals is when it betters our chances in the division in the regular season.

Reactions: Bigun
another truth...I want every SEC team to win their bowl game...yep, even Bama...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

I only pull for Vols the SEC stacks deck for Blueblood teams Bama, Ga, Fla and give them every break, I want LSU win it all, if National Championship came down to Ohio St
and Ga.....I would hold my nose and cheer for "Suckeyes" GO VOLS...…………….

Why would you want them to lose? If they win that translates immediately into more $$ for TN. The SEC splits the cash pot at the end of the year.

You want them to win unless their loss means more to you then cash in the coffer (which we always need.)

Although I don't mind LSU because they hate Bama as much or more than real Vol fans so I have to respect that.

There is not one single fact that would support our rivals doing well helps us in anyway shape or form. Carry on.

Ahhh, moved here from the north, huh? We're Southerners and pull for each other. Its us against them.

Ahhh, moved here from the north, huh? We're Southerners and pull for each other. Its us against them.
No way. UGA and Bama have loved us being terrible and made no bones about it.

Loved celebrating with Ohio St fans after they beat Bama in Sugar Bowl a few years ago. Man that was awesome.

Why would you want them to lose? If they win that translates immediately into more $$ for TN. The SEC splits the cash pot at the end of the year.

You want them to win unless their loss means more to you then cash in the coffer (which we always need.)
How has all that helped us since the SEC became dominant? Oh right, it hasnt one bit. Screw every SEC team except the Vols.

Idk, this is a tough one. On one hand, I enjoy watching our rivals get embarrassed. On the other, a strong SEC is beneficial when it comes to strength of schedule and bragging rights when you beat a good team.
Other SEC teams are gonna be good whether or not you root for them. Don’t root for them. Two different things imo. I want all of them to lose every time, knowing that’s not gonna happen. I’m surely not gonna pull for them to win.

The better the teams in the SEC East play in bowls, the more attractive it is for their recruits who may already be committed to or considering schools other than UT.
I want all of the SEC teams to get the best recruits. That way we remain the best and you have to play against the best. We don't want to be like Clemson playing crappy unranked teams and then boasting about it.

Other SEC teams are gonna be good whether or not you root for them. Don’t root for them. Two different things imo. I want all of them to lose every time, knowing that’s not gonna happen. I’m surely not gonna pull for them to win.
There's some I root for and others I want to lose every time.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
I one team that I support and cheer and it's the VOLs.

I didn't see Saban yelling “SEC. SEC. SEC.” after the last ball game.

I’ll root for Saban and Bama in the National Championship game this year.
Oh wait......lol
PastelLiquidBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
You might still get that chance.

I love it the MOST when Bama loses because of all of the dang bandwagon fans in Middle Tennessee lose their minds.

After the Burn game, it was like clockwork on FB and Twitter. "Welp, bama lost but they played good. I'll always be a tide fan (just so everyone knows this, i'm ok) RTR".
Those Bama bandwagoners in West Tennessee do too!

Reactions: MadWorld
You guys realize cheering for Missouri in your living room doesn't make any difference whatsoever in the outcome, right?

I hope they all lose, every single game. When they don't, the whole "strength of schedule" thing becomes moot. And when they do, well, that's just another thing we can talk about when we play them next.

I want all of the SEC teams to get the best recruits. That way we remain the best and you have to play against the best. We don't want to be like Clemson playing crappy unranked teams and then boasting about it.

That's an interesting theory. Let's ask Trevor Lawrence, Tee Higgins, and Amari Rogers if it holds up.

Although I don't mind LSU because they hate Bama as much or more than real Vol fans so I have to respect that.

There is not one single fact that would support our rivals doing well helps us in anyway shape or form. Carry on.
I’m with ya on this I hope every Sec team gets beat except our Vols”I hate every team in the Sec except the Big Orange!!

There is not one single fact that would support rivals doing well helps us in anyway shape or form. Carry on.
Never understood the thought that other SEC school success helps us! It don’t.
You think Clemson is hurting because the rest of the ACC sucks? I don’t

Ridiculous.

Are you saying you are glad Cade Mays went to UGA over Clemson?

That you would rather Trevor Lawrence and Tee Higgins in Athens, Gainesville or Tuscaloosa than Knoxville? That you are happy Jay Hardy went to Auburn?

Reactions: lynnh
Why would you want your opponents to fail against anyone but you? If you beat folks that get beat by everyone else what do you prove in beating them? I personally want every team we play to win every game they play that's not against us. I want us to beat the best, not a buncha scrubs. I mean seriously why not just say you want UT to move to the OVC?
EXACTLY.
I would like to see every S.E.C. team put up BIG wins in EVERY game against non-conference competition. A loss is always hard to take. Our losses to Florida, Georgia and Alabama this year are going to be even harder to take if those three teams go into post-season bowls and get embarrassed in lop-sided losses. Like pimo1 said...if all that matters is BIG blowout wins then get Tennessee out of the SEC and find a "Crippled Girls Conference" to play in.

Reactions: pimo1

VN Store

Back