Let me just go ahead and state some Christmas truth. I hope every SEC team except the Vols lose in their bowl game.

Same thing with the OVC in NCAA Tournament or Playoffs.

Why would I ever hope for SEMO, JSU, or Mu**ay St to win anything?

I'll never pull for UF, UGA, or Bama, no exceptions. The others I take case by case. My current policy is to root against anyone who has ahead of us in recruiting, unless they are playing Ohio State or Clemson.

Although I don't mind LSU because they hate Bama as much or more than real Vol fans so I have to respect that.

There is not one single fact that would support our rivals doing well helps us in anyway shape or form. Carry on.

I agree, but include LSU.

Go Big Orange!!!

It was the end of the first half in the Auburn game after Malzahn successfully hoodwinked the officials into giving Auburn an extra second to kick a field goal that there's zero chance they'd have gotten off in real time.

There was no hoodwink.

It was a legit use of the replay rule.

Kudos to Malzahn for taking advantage of it.

Saban has a shocking record if being outcoached in big games...Clemson, LSU, and now Auburn. Must be something in the water the Tigers drink...

Reactions: WxVol and Ratvol
It's funny how some people feel varying degrees of appreciation for teams of the SEC, while other people feel varying degrees of hate for all those same teams.

There's no objective truth in either perspective, just subjective "truths" based on different ways of seeing the world.

I personally love the SEC, our traditions, our programs, our history, all of it. I love to hate some of them, but I still respect every single one. Even Vandy, if only because my daughters went there lol.

I like that "the swamp" is part of the SEC, and Toomer's Corner, and the Grove, and even UGa's stupid little dog house. I like the hedges. I like Vandyites anchoring down before each loss in front of a fan base that must number in the hundreds. I like Bayou Bengals and a falcon flying down into the stadium while these other tiger fans chant war eagle (never understood that, but still i like it). I like the 2001 space odyssey thing USCe does, and I like that Kentucky is copy-catting us with checkerboards that they claim they had first (someone point out to them how long ago Ayers Hall was built).

I just love being part of the SEC, best in the nation, and having what once was, and will be again, one of the premier programs in that league.

That's my truth.

Go Vols!

p.s. I thought of more that should be mentioned! I like the Egg Bowl, the Iron Bowl, and the Third Saturday in October. I like that four SEC schools face off against four ACC foes, all in-state rivals, all in the same weekend at the end of the year. I like that Sewanee, little old Sewanee, used to be a powerhouse in this conference. I like stories about the General, and the Bear, and Shug Jordan. I like old football magazine covers with orange and crimson jerseys clashing for the ball. There so much to like about the SEC, I could keep p.s.ing for hours. I'll try to restrain myself, though, heh. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Although I don't mind LSU because they hate Bama as much or more than real Vol fans so I have to respect that.

There is not one single fact that would support our rivals doing well helps us in anyway shape or form. Carry on.

Yes there is.

I get hating our rivals. We should. However it is better to beat quality opponents than a bunch of losers.

What good is being in the SEC if we only play cupcakes that can’t beat losers from crap conferences?

Bama and Florida are only allowed to beat Ohio State and Notre Dame. Any team other than OSU and ND are allowed to beat Bama and Florida by any means possible. Exception: Vandy and SC are never allowed to beat anyone.

Reactions: KINGSVOL
Yes there is.

I get hating our rivals. We should. However it is better to beat quality opponents than a bunch of losers.

What good is being in the SEC if we only play cupcakes that can’t beat losers from crap conferences?
ACC..........Doesn't hurt Clemson.

Mike drop.

Why would you want your opponents to fail against anyone but you? If you beat folks that get beat by anyone else what do you prove in beating them? I personally want every team we play to win every game they play that's not against us. I want us to beat the best, not a buncha scrubs. I mean seriously why not just say you want UT to move to the OVC?

Well, consider this. Has Tennessee being down helped Bama? of course it has. Bama can recruit much easier against a down Tennessee. So if Bama is down, and we are up, we will soar in recruiting.

There was no hoodwink.

It was a legit use of the replay rule.

Kudos to Malzahn for taking advantage of it.

Saban has a shocking record if being outcoached in big games...Clemson, LSU, and now Auburn. Must be something in the water the Tigers drink...

Don't get me wrong, I found the situation and Saban's reaction plenty hilarious. It was absolutely a hoodwink, though.

Even if there was still a second on the clock when the Auburn player touched the ground (and I'm not convinced of that), Auburn had no timeouts left. The clock would've stopped briefly for the first down, but there is no way that Auburn could've gotten their field goal unit on the field in time to get the play off before the clock hit zero. Their best best would've been to run everybody to the line really quickly and try a Hail Mary, but I don't think they'd have gotten the play off in that case, either. The proper thing to do was to say the half was over. That Auburn got a chance to kick a field goal that there's zero chance they'd have gotten off without the video review was kind of a travesty, to be honest. Saban should've been exactly as pissed off about it as he was.

In these situations in the NFL, there's a 10-second runoff to account for the fact that the clock would've been running. The clock stops on first downs in college, but I think a 5-second runoff in these situations would be appropriate. A team shouldn't be rewarded chances by video review that there's no way they'd have had if the play had been called properly on the field.

Reactions: guevara
I'm the opposite, I root for every SEC team except for Bama and Florida. I hate them both (bama way more) so anytime either lose it's a awesome day.
Im with u. I root for every SEC team come bowl time except for those 3 schools south of us. We all know who they are so i wont bother typing their names.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

I root for the VOLS, everyone other team can GTH. If you have more than one team, then you have no teams.

ACC..........Doesn't hurt Clemson.

Mike drop.

Pick your mic back up.

Clemson is a flash in the pan and that conference has no staying power. They have no tradition and no real competition.

What you’re advocating for in the SEC would be one dominate team while everyone else sucks. No better than the Little 10 or the other sh!t shows around the country. And take a guess who the SEC offices would make sure is that one team. They worship elephants and have sister wives...

The challenge is what makes it entertaining. Your not a bad a$$ for stomping 1st graders like Clemson and Ohio State do.

Yes there is.

55FDC752-23A6-4371-969E-676068BC35EA.jpeg

I love the SEC in general but I will tend be more aware of outcomes with the teams we recruit against the most i.e. Georgia, Bama, Auburn, Florida. Not sure there's much if any effect currently on recruiting but as we improve and move up in the perceived hierarchy it will take on a more significant role. Just not that in to "hating" teams very much. And I've found that doesn't diminish my love for the Vols at all. But that's just me I guess.

Pick your mic back up.

Clemson is a flash in the pan and that conference has no staying power. They have no tradition and no real competition.

What you’re advocating for in the SEC would be one dominate team while everyone else sucks. No better than the Little 10 or the other sh!t shows around the country. And take a guess who the SEC offices would make sure is that one team. They worship elephants and have sister wives...

The challenge is what makes it entertaining. Your not a bad a$$ for stomping 1st graders like Clemson and Ohio State do.
difference of opinion.

Reactions: Behr and Elhanan
I’ll root for Saban and Bama in the National Championship game this year.
Oh wait......lol
PastelLiquidBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

I’ll continue to root for another live shot of that 😂

Auburn game when they put another second back on the clock for the tigers resulting in points 😂
Did Little Nickey get a play off in one second at the end of regulation in the Kick Six game? Bama fans do not remember, The fit he throws here is captioned " I DID mail the check" Just to be clear, I hope Alabama never wins another game.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and MAD
Why would you want your opponents to fail against anyone but you? If you beat folks that get beat by anyone else what do you prove in beating them? I personally want every team we play to win every game they play that's not against us. I want us to beat the best, not a buncha scrubs. I mean seriously why not just say you want UT to move to the OVC?

We don't just compete with them on the field during the season. We compete against them in recruiting everyday. The bowl game is the last football event of the season for most of our competitors. Sitting in the living room trying to convert a Florida recruit, is it better if they won or lost their bowl game 2 weeks ago or lost it by a big margin?

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back