Leslie McDonald

I could tell the first time I saw Leslie that he was UNC kind of guy. Its not like UNC actually needed him to go with the 50 other recruits they already have for '09.

I respect this kid though for at least deciding early enough to where all schools involved have time to look at other prospects, that definately says something about his character. WE were in a tough situation last year where we were in so deep with EW and got the bad news, luckily Scotty Hopson fell into our lap.

Yea I figure its kinda a big deal considering we have been on this guy since his Sophomore year and he has been #1 on our board for quite a some time

Look ... I'd rather lose a top player to an elite powerhouse like UNC than to Memphis or some other SEC school. You really can't blame a guy for choosing the Tarheels. Great school, great program, great tradition, great coach.

The thing to remember is UNC, Duke, and Kansas can't have every really good player -- they don't have enough spots. I'm just glad to see we're in on the conversation now with some of these top guys. We'll get our share of potentially great players. And who knows ... the players we get may turn out to be better anyhow.

Should we stop recruiting Memphis?

Nope I don't think so.

You just lost a player who was honestly considered UNC bound from the start, no biggie. And to be fair(and honest) the EW situation was a mess, a mess that turned out well for the both of us.

So no, eventually Pearl will land a baller from Memphis, just like he eventually landed a Burger Boy in Hopson.

VN Store

Back