Legit question...why is Sonny Dykes even on “the list?”

Blows my mind. Do you think other SEC schools even whiffed this guys name when they were searching for a coach? What has this guy done to prove anything? He’s barely above .500 as a head coach....basically worse than Butch Jones.

I just don’t get it. Someone enlighten me please

At first I thought he beat out Bubba McQurk, that junior high coach in South GA for our head coaching job, but maybe he has photos of UT administrators in a "private" meeting?

Why?

He's experienced, likely would take on the crapshow Pruitt has left. Has no known NCAA issues and has high scoring offense.

If he's hired it's likely because several people said no. Which isn't unexpected considering the instability here and the fact that this job has derailed multiple careers.

Reactions: JBVolunteer
Probably because the Coaches with a good reputation want to preserve their reputation. Really all risk and little reward for a good coach. Maybe a bump in pay but if they fail, the volnation will unleash hell. Hard to recover from a failed stint at UT.

Reactions: loservol
Blows my mind. Do you think other SEC schools even whiffed this guys name when they were searching for a coach? What has this guy done to prove anything? He’s barely above .500 as a head coach....basically worse than Butch Jones.

We literally have no clue what is going on. People are just throwing names out.

I hope he isn’t.

We have not seen Dr. White's list. Relax. This coaching search is being conducted the way one should be by one heck of an AD. Trust the process.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Went from having some hope for the future to being kicked in the balls, I'll always cheer for my Vols, bled orange since I was a itty bitty slapnut and I always will, but d@mn, Dykes, that just makes me sick!!!!

Went from having some hope for the future to being kicked in the balls, I'll always cheer for my Vols, bled orange since I was a itty bitty slapnut and I always will, but d@mn, Dykes, that just makes me sick!!!!

There is ZERO legit proof that Dykes has even been contacted.

There is ZERO legit proof that Dykes has even been contacted.

We can only hope he hasn't, but sadly this is something that would be the norm with UT

I hear Coach Sonny Dykes is a fine leader of men. Why would you guys want a guy like Hugh Freeze who could win here? I personally like principled young men who can lead us to 4-8 seasons over low character guys going undefeated.

Reactions: DWright39
Because his sister Maureen is assistant AD at SMU where Dykes is head football coach. Thus providing a boost to the SMU program indirectly I am guessing. Just a little shout out to his sis, maybe

Reactions: Perspective

Who the hell is Sonny Dykes??

Reactions: DWright39
Because his sister Maureen is assistant AD at SMU where Dykes is head football coach. Thus providing a boost to the SMU program indirectly I am guessing. Just a little shout out to his sis, maybe
I like where you’re at on this, but how does your coach being rumored to leave help a program like SMU? Are they hoping to pump and dump Dykes?

VN Store

Back