Lee Sterling Theory

El Vez

Gracias, Mucho Gracias
Football handicapper Lee Sterling was on the Sports Monster here in the Tri-cities yesterday and offered an interesting but somewhat confusing theory as to why JP is continuing to trot out JG every game. Like I said I am having a hard time understanding this myself and don't shoot the messenger i'm just passing this along. Anyway, he said that Pruitt is getting pressure from the higher ups to win and win now. As has been stated on here ad nauseam Pruitt truly believes that JG gives us our best chance to win and is throwing him out there trying to save his job.

Reactions: Volfan1000 and MAD
Football handicapper Lee Sterling was on the Sports Monster here in the Tri-cities yesterday and offered an interesting but somewhat confusing theory as to why JP is continuing to trot out JG every game. Like I said I am having a hard time understanding this myself and don't shoot the messenger i'm just passing this along. Anyway, he said that Pruitt is getting pressure from the higher ups to win and win now. As has been stated on here ad nauseam Pruitt truly believes that JG gives us our best chance to win and is throwing him out there trying to save his job.
IF Pruitt believes he is saving his job by throwing JG out there, he's a bigger moron than we thought. People would be way more forgiving if Pruitt said this year is flushed, we're going to start looking towards the future, take our lumps this year and get some young players some playing time especially at the QB position.

First half JG, minus the Kentucky game, I could believe. He's had some solid first halves. Second half JG...nope. He's directly responsible for there being no real passing threat in the second half...other than the UGA game where the o-line deserves some blame since they couldn't block anyone.

Reactions: tbh and FLVOL_79

If true, it's just confirmation of what we all see week in and week out, that Pruitt has little-to-no understanding of the offensive side of the ball, or offensive player development.

With all due respect to you El Vez . . . that theory is insanity wrapped in a severe case of stupid! If the boosters were pressuring CJP to win and win now, why in hell would he trot JG out onto the field after the Gawga disaster? Why would he send JG back out onto the field after the Aubum pick-6? If you ask yourself these questions from the Mizzou game on you would find that either Lee Sterling is clueless or CJP is clueless . . . well both are probably true.

GBO - Bench JG and beat Vandy

Yep, I believe CJP think JG is his best QB. I don’t think this can be fixed either and he will manifest this type obsession or blindness, for lack of a better word, in the future with another player who fill that notch or need for him. Oddest thing in sports I’ve seen in my 60+ years of living.

It's working great!

Reactions: 37L1
If true, it's just confirmation of what we all see week in and week out, that Pruitt has little-to-no understanding of the offensive side of the ball, or offensive player development.
he hasn't been much better on the defensive side

Reactions: hexnut
he hasn't been much better on the defensive side

Maybe the most accurate poste you've ever made on these forums.

200.gif

Honestly guys, JG just might be our best QB right now. Nobody else is any good except for HB who is too green for Pruitt to trust. That said, if our QB room is this bad, the fault is still on the coaches. Not a single QB on our roster has been developed. That's bad coaching.

IF Pruitt believes he is saving his job by throwing JG out there, he's a bigger moron than we thought. People would be way more forgiving if Pruitt said this year is flushed, we're going to start looking towards the future, take our lumps this year and get some young players some playing time especially at the QB position.
Damn right. I can't fathom why in the hell this didn't/is happening.

Reactions: Vol4ever
I don't see this as news. I think most of us think that CJP believes that JG gives the team the best chance to win. We just can't figure out why he would believe that.

While I think he is wrong in his assessment, I support his position. I have no stomach for giving away games today in the interest of tomorrow. It's bad practice and unfair to the current players. I certainly would not want to play for a coach that did it. The players that perform best should play the most, and the team should compete to the best of its ability to win the next game on the schedule.

The problem with Pruitt is it doesn't seem like he can figure out who those players are. At least not at certain positions.

Pruitt already said why he wasn’t playing HB. I think it was after Arkansas he said he thought the reason JG had so many issues is because he played too early and it messed up his confidence.

Ftr, I don’t necessarily agree because our OL is better now than it was in 2017. I will see if I can find the link.

I came to the conclusion that Pruitt is a moron several pick sixes back.

That being said, if he has really been getting pressure from the powers that be, he should have used all those super awesome recruiting skills we hear about all the time to have gone out and got a stud QB transfer along with a wide receiver and some JUCO defensive guys up front that can actually get to the QB.

So hows that been working out so far?

VN Store

Back