Lee Sterling Theory

Well, it does in a sense. It's allowed to work because Nick figured out long ago, adapt and overcome. He's modified his defensive philosophy a bit and his offensive one a great deal. The game, rules and all, are slanted towards scoring and excitement. Dabo switched to Trevor to improve his teams offensive production, not because Bryant was losing. Pruitt unfortunately isn't capable of grasping these concepts. Unless Nick calls up and tells him what to do, I don't believe he really knows. Couple that with his bosses mentality of we'll just work like heck until it fixes itself. I believe we're stuck in the mud with racing slicks for tires.
Defensive theory has changed. There are no more "Rocky Stops", or defenses that just throttle offenses. UGA's defense is as good as any, and Bama still put up 41 points on them.
It is an offensive game. But, games are now decided by 3 or 4 defensive stops, penalties, turnovers, and the occasional d coordinator guessing correctly, or a defender gambling on an interception. Unless you are JG, and telegraph every throw.
Jimbo has it figured out at A&M. He uses his offense to shorten the game, while scoring points. This limits an opponents number of possessions and plays. I.E. Florida.
1 badly timed turnover, cost UF the game. I think CJP is trying to imitate Jimbo's offensive theory. Unfortunately, we have JG, and they have Kellen Mond, the rest is elementary.
Do I think HB could thrive in an offense, like Jimbo Fisher's? Yes I do. Especially at this early stage of his college career. More time to look things over, check with the sidelines, get people positioned correctly, and read the defense.
Watch A&M sometime. They own the time of possession, and do it with results. Usually TD's. But they also have a badass FG kicker. Ours seems to have developed a mental block, since last season.

Serious question without starting a poll: Do people really believe that anyone other than JG gives us the best chance to win now? Forget about the future for a second. Can HB or anyone else give us a better chance to win right now? I'm not trying to defend JG at all; I'm just curious what others think.

If they were given the coaching and the time in practice any of our back ups would be better than jg. This is all on the hc. He even stated he didn't have time to work with Bailey. Its past time to move on from jg and work with whoever is number two.

Let me say this, JG gets way more hate than he should. The kid sucks but he does his best. Anywhere else he would’ve been pulled and it would be a non issue. Here I’m afraid he will be forever the measuring stick of ineptitude at the QB position bc he’s been continuously put in a position to fail.

Serious question without starting a poll: Do people really believe that anyone other than JG gives us the best chance to win now? Forget about the future for a second. Can HB or anyone else give us a better chance to win right now? I'm not trying to defend JG at all; I'm just curious what others think.
I believe at worst, you have an equivalent chance of winning with Bailey and he gets experience for the future.

Here’s another question IF you felt JG was your best why wouldn’t you address that position more in the off-season?

Reactions: Vfl2407
I believe at worst, you have an equivalent chance of winning with Bailey and he gets experience for the future.

Here’s another question IF you felt JG was your best why wouldn’t you address that position more in the off-season?
The way our QB situation has been handled during the Pruitt era has been grossly incompetent negligence.

Defensive theory has changed. There are no more "Rocky Stops", or defenses that just throttle offenses. UGA's defense is as good as any, and Bama still put up 41 points on them.
It is an offensive game. But, games are now decided by 3 or 4 defensive stops, penalties, turnovers, and the occasional d coordinator guessing correctly, or a defender gambling on an interception. Unless you are JG, and telegraph every throw.
Jimbo has it figured out at A&M. He uses his offense to shorten the game, while scoring points. This limits an opponents number of possessions and plays. I.E. Florida.
1 badly timed turnover, cost UF the game. I think CJP is trying to imitate Jimbo's offensive theory. Unfortunately, we have JG, and they have Kellen Mond, the rest is elementary.
Do I think HB could thrive in an offense, like Jimbo Fisher's? Yes I do. Especially at this early stage of his college career. More time to look things over, check with the sidelines, get people positioned correctly, and read the defense.
Watch A&M sometime. They own the time of possession, and do it with results. Usually TD's. But they also have a badass FG kicker. Ours seems to have developed a mental block, since last season.

Agreed

Yall really keep believing this "its pruitt who wants to start JG" crap.

chaney is the highest paid OC for a reason. Spurrier never decided who plays mlb, fs, etc. on defense so why would pruitt on offense?

I don't see this as news. I think most of us think that CJP believes that JG gives the team the best chance to win. We just can't figure out why he would believe that.

While I think he is wrong in his assessment, I support his position. I have no stomach for giving away games today in the interest of tomorrow. It's bad practice and unfair to the current players. I certainly would not want to play for a coach that did it. The players that perform best should play the most, and the team should compete to the best of its ability to win the next game on the schedule.

The problem with Pruitt is it doesn't seem like he can figure out who those players are. At least not at certain positions.

By "certain positions" do you mean any of the guys that are between the sidelines?

Football handicapper Lee Sterling was on the Sports Monster here in the Tri-cities yesterday and offered an interesting but somewhat confusing theory as to why JP is continuing to trot out JG every game. Like I said I am having a hard time understanding this myself and don't shoot the messenger i'm just passing this along. Anyway, he said that Pruitt is getting pressure from the higher ups to win and win now. As has been stated on here ad nauseam Pruitt truly believes that JG gives us our best chance to win and is throwing him out there trying to save his job.
You mean info we already knew?!?!? Shocking. Really whistle blower quality stuff that requires diplomatic protection from other programs.

Reactions: Firebirdparts

VN Store

Back