Lebron/Jordan

Durant got 3-4 dunks in game 1 because the Cavs were more worried about Curry. The burden on LBJ is much greater.

You're trying to disqualify Lebron from the GOAT conversation based on 2 finals games, even though he was the best player on the floor in 1 of them. I don't think you're that much of a reactionary. I suppose you are just trolling.

Ding ding ding

And Lebron's numbers don't digress against better competition (for those of you who think Lebron has no competition in the East and only the West is true competition), they actually get better. Look what he did in the Finals last year and the year before. He averages close to a triple double with 30+ points.

But let's not get too far from my original point in that Lebron has a better overall game and more intangibles/diversity of ways he can dominate a game than MJ. If MJ had an off shooting night (which didn't happen often) what else could he do offensively? Run the point? No. Facilitate? No. Dominate the paint? No. Dominate defensively? Yes (but so can Lebron).

It is very, very close and I understand all points. But I give the slight edge to LBJ bc he has a more "complete" game. IMH humble O

Dude if you think MJ was just a good shooter you clearly never watched him play. He could literally do every single thing you just said he couldn't do.

18952809_10155466445767502_5033824062737695281_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Punk move going to the warriors. For some reason he always gets a free pass. Westbrook proving he is a better player than KD in my book.

Lebron is a much better player than KD.

But he can't hit the big shot in the final minutes of a game and last night KD pulled up right in front of James and hit the game winner for some reason James chokes in the final minutes of a game now the first 46 minutes one of the best but in crunch time he fades away.:ermm:

Consider each players' respective squad and that the west has been very strong during Lebron's career, the opponents' records help us make the comparison. I think Lebron has obviously faced tougher challenges, but MJ made the most of his opportunities, no matter how you slice it. Lebron shouldn't have lost to Dallas.

Jazz - 62 wins
Jazz - 64 wins
Sonics - 64 wins
Suns - 62 wins
Blazers - 57 wins
Lakers - 58 wins

GSW - 67 wins
GSW - 73 wins
GSW - 67 wins
Spurs - 62 wins
Spurs - 58 wins
OKC - 47 wins (equivalent of 58 wins)
Mavs - 57 wins
Spurs - 58 wins

Magic was great, but he barely played defense and his jumper was suspect at best.

This is true and I wouldn't call him the best talent, but I still put him right in the middle of the GOAT convo. He was good enough at the other things that it made up for these shortcomings.

The one thing that Magic has going for him is he probably performed better in the finals than anybody.

This is true and I wouldn't call him the best talent, but I still put him right in the middle of the GOAT convo. He was good enough at the other things that it made up for these shortcomings.

The one thing that Magic has going for him is he probably performed better in the finals than anybody.

Can't argue with that. To be fair, a lot of his defense was a result of how the game was played out west in the 80s. And he was so good at drive and kick that nobody cares that he shot it marginally.

Chris Broussard is making some great points:

4 of MJ's 6 finals opponents had just 1 hall of famer
This Warriors team has 4 future hall of famers

In 6 finals, MJ faced 9 hall of famers
In 8 finals, Lebron has faced what will likely be 26 hall of famers

He's also talking about the opposing defenders not named Drexler....old Hornacek, Russell, Majerle, Byron Scott, and even though GP was a great defender, he was much smaller than MJ. There might be more good wing defenders in this one series than in those 6 series.

You think Klay is a HOF player?

I wouldn't put him as a future HOFer just yet, but I think most people rate him higher than I do. I'm just saying what Broussard said.

I mean, if he wins 3-4 titles and averages 20 ppg it seems like he'd be a HOFer for sure.

I wouldn't put him as a future HOFer just yet, but I think most people rate him higher than I do. I'm just saying what Broussard said.

I mean, if he wins 3-4 titles and averages 20 ppg it seems like he'd be a HOFer for sure.

That shouldn't get you in the HOF, especially being the 3rd or 4th best player for 2-3 of those.

What 26 players are HOFers? Off the top of my head I count 11.

It's 9 and 26 total because it's every time you faced the individual. So Karl Malone and John Stockton = 4 of Jordan's 9.

Tim Duncan, Manu, and Tony Parker x 3 = 9.

Warriors 4 x 3 =12.

Dirk + Kidd (and Chandler is in my HOF, but won't be in the NBA's)

Durant, Westbrook, Harden = 3

I assume that is his 26. Maybe he's saying Iggy over Klay? Doubt that, tho, even though I think a fairly good case can be made for Iggy.

That shouldn't get you in the HOF, especially being the 3rd or 4th best player for 2-3 of those.

Maybe it shouldn't but it probably does, right?

I know you hate him, but is Ray Allen HOF? 3rd best player on 2 title teams, 19 ppg, should have been Finals MVP in Boston, and hit biggest shot in the other title win.

VN Store

Back