Lebron/Jordan

FWIW my starting 5 would be...

PG-Magic

SG-MJ

SF-LBJ (though some days i feel nostalgic and slide in Bird)

PF-Timmy

C-Kareem/Wilt/Shaq (depends on my mood)

Road to the finals was the initial argument though. But I'll switch to your argument. To assume they couldn't beat The Celtics or Pistons isn't fair either though, especially saying they would have zero chance. Different eras, rules, etc makes it impossible to tell.

Honestly I don't think the old Cavs could, The Pacers would be a close series. The Knicks would depend on era played in. In the present that Magic team would probably be the best equipped to win, and that's not saying the are better than The Pacers or Knicks. Just style wise they would be the better fit. IMO JMO FMO

I said playoff path, not road the the finals. Finals included, Lebron has faced stiffer competition. That's probably why he has lost 4 finals. That 07 cavs team had ZERO business being in the finals against an all time Spurs team, but Lebron took them. But he still didn't get bounced in the first round like Jordan had on several occasions.

Jordan got beat in the first round his first 3 seasons. 2 of those were to the Finals bound Celtics (1 of which won the Champioship).

Lebron played the Wizards in the first 3 playoffs he was in after not going his first 2 seasons.

And Lebron's numbers don't digress against better competition (for those of you who think Lebron has no competition in the East and only the West is true competition), they actually get better. Look what he did in the Finals last year and the year before. He averages close to a triple double with 30+ points.

But let's not get too far from my original point in that Lebron has a better overall game and more intangibles/diversity of ways he can dominate a game than MJ. If MJ had an off shooting night (which didn't happen often) what else could he do offensively? Run the point? No. Facilitate? No. Dominate the paint? No. Dominate defensively? Yes (but so can Lebron).

It is very, very close and I understand all points. But I give the slight edge to LBJ bc he has a more "complete" game. IMH humble O

I said playoff path, not road the the finals. Finals included, Lebron has faced stiffer competition. That's probably why he has lost 4 finals. That 07 cavs team had ZERO business being in the finals against an all time Spurs team, but Lebron took them. But he still didn't get bounced in the first round like Jordan had on several occasions.

You brought up 7 straight finals, and I brought up him not having competition to get there. Then everyone has been discussing that for 5 pages. An article on one guys opinion doesn't make it true btw.

Last edited:
You brought up 7 straight finals, and brought up him not having competition to get there. Then everyone has been discussing that for 5 pages. An article on one guys opinion doesn't make it true btw.

Well yeah bc it's an opinion and I am making a case for it. But I happen to agree with him. And I've been arguing that Lebron HAS had tougher playoff competition in his career than MJ. But my bottom line remains, you can read my OP. LBJ is the only player in NBA history who can EFFICIENTLY run 1-5 and EFFICIENTLY guard 1-5, therefore the "most complete" player in NBA history. And he is still only 32.

Jordan got beat in the first round his first 3 seasons. 2 of those were to the Finals bound Celtics (1 of which won the Champioship).

Lebron played the Wizards in the first 3 playoffs he was in after not going his first 2 seasons.

This will be ignored.

Well yeah bc it's an opinion and I am making a case for it. But I happen to agree with him. And I've been arguing that Lebron HAS had tougher playoff competition in his career than MJ. But my bottom line remains, you can read my OP. LBJ is the only player in NBA history who can EFFICIENTLY run 1-5 and EFFICIENTLY guard 1-5, therefore the "most complete" player in NBA history. And he is still only 32.

I can already see where this is going, and I'm good. Thanks!

Here is a link to the Pippen interview I've been referencing throughout. Again, it's another OPINION and I understand that, but I think he makes great points. It's only about 2 mins long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBPmw9f6VM

Bottom line, this debate could go on forever and it really just depends on who you talk to and their opinion. No hard feelings at all. I'm not ignoring your points, you've made some great ones and I've been thinking on them and respect your opinion. But my opinion remains the same as of now.

Here is a link to the Pippen interview I've been referencing throughout. Again, it's another OPINION and I understand that, but I think he makes great points. It's only about 2 mins long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBPmw9f6VM

Bottom line, this debate could go on forever and it really just depends on who you talk to and their opinion. No hard feelings at all. I'm not ignoring your points, you've made some great ones and I've been thinking on them and respect your opinion. But my opinion remains the same as of now.

You didn't think I was mad so that's a win. Lol

VN Store

Back