Lebron/Jordan

No idea why anybody thinks Lebron is unlikable. I figure they don't care to know much about him if they don't like him or they just need somebody to dislike. He said the wrong thing one time and he raised $2.5M for the Boys & Girls club in the process.

Dude is a class act and considering that he was raised by a single, crazy parent and has been treated like royalty since the age of 14, I'd say that's pretty amazing.

The decision. Overly dramatic. Flops. Whines.

In general he is the perfect poster boy for the millennial generation. Soft and entitled whiner.

That said, he's been the best player on the planet for about 10 years.

MJ still the GOAT. There's no question what would happen if these two played in the same era. Lebron would be begging to play with him so he wouldn't have to go thru him.

Lebron would be begging to play with him so he wouldn't have to go thru him.

Like how he joined Boston so he wouldn't have to go through them? Like how he joined the Spurs so he wouldn't have to go through them? Like how he joined Golden State so he wouldn't have to go through them?

Reactions: 2 people
The decision. Overly dramatic. Flops. Whines.

In general he is the perfect poster boy for the millennial generation. Soft and entitled whiner.

That said, he's been the best player on the planet for about 10 years

Why do you say that he is entitled? Dude has worked harder to achieve his goals than all of us combined. If he were entitled he would've taken that $90m nike contact at age 18 and become Buster Douglas.

Reactions: 1 person
Why do you say that he is entitled? Dude has worked harder to achieve his goals than all of us combined. If he were entitled he would've taken that $90m nike contact at age 18 and become Buster Douglas.

Google "Lebron James entitled" and I'm sure you'll find adequate responses.

The guy is an all time great but unlikeable.

I don't have to justify my answer to you bud. He is an entitled whiner. I'm not the first to say it.

Nobody said you have to do anything. I just figured you might want to back up your statement with something more substantial than people say this. Great point. The world is flat. I'm not the first to say it.

Reactions: 3 people
Nobody said you have to do anything. I just figured you might want to back up your statement with something more substantial than people say this. Great point. The world is flat. I'm not the first to say it.

Lebron is a punk and I'm not surprised you think he's a class act.

No offense. Just predictable that you think that.

Punk move going to the warriors. For some reason he always gets a free pass. Westbrook proving he is a better player than KD in my book.

Lebron is a much better player than KD.

Durant doesn't get a free pass anymore now that he's on the Warriors. He was beloved by people in OKC and by the public at large because, despite his success and enormous talent, he hadn't won it all and was still seen as somewhat of an underdog on a small market team. That's also why Curry was so likable and beloved, and now I think you see the sheen even coming off of him and the Warriors as a whole.

People get winners' fatigue. The longer a team stays in the news, the public grows tired of them. Durant is seen as a mercenary-type of player now and they have another guy (Draymond Green) who comes across as pretty unlikable. A lot of the scrappy, newcomer, underdog teams and players eventually grow to be disliked.

Punk move going to the warriors. For some reason he always gets a free pass. Westbrook proving he is a better player than KD in my book.

Lebron is a much better player than KD.

Yeah I think that is one of the biggest coward moves I've ever seen in sports.

Lebron is a punk and I'm not surprised you think he's a class act.

No offense. Just predictable that you think that.

Often overlooked though. Lebron was raised in the inner city without a father and given a $500,000 contract at the age of 18. He has never done drugs, never so much has gotten a parking ticket, and has never been in the news for running around on his wife. He is a good father and is thoroughly involved in his kids lives unlike his childhood. Now, he is the best player in the world with multiple rings with multi million dollar businesses and endorsements. I don't classify that as a punk in the bigger picture of life.

KD is a coward but Lebron is upstanding. They both pretty much did the same thing career wise, though. Lol.

KD is a coward but Lebron is upstanding. They both pretty much did the same thing career wise, though. Lol.

Generally speaking yeah. And I hated the whole hype of the decision. But it was much different circumstances.

Lebron left a team that could NOT compete without him. Cavs were not a playoff contender without Lebron. I think they won 30 games the following year. Cavs weren't getting it done. And joined a Heat team who hadn't been to the Finals since 2006.

KD took GS to 7 the year prior with OKC. KD left and OKC took Rockets to 7 this year and almost advanced to play the Spurs. So he had the pieces if he would have stuck it out. OKC is still formidable. And joined a GS team who had been to the Finals the previous 2 years and won 73 games the year prior lol.

Generally speaking yeah. And I hated the whole hype of the decision. But it was much different circumstances.

Lebron left a team that could NOT compete without him. Cavs were not a playoff contender without Lebron. I think they won 30 games the following year. Cavs weren't getting it done. And joined a Heat team who hadn't been to the Finals since 2006.

KD took GS to 7 the year prior with OKC. KD left and OKC took Rockets to 7 this year and almost advanced to play the Spurs. So he had the pieces if he would have stuck it out. OKC is still formidable. And joined a GS team who had been to the Finals the previous 2 years and won 73 games the year prior lol.

Had bron not picked up Bosh, Allen and already had Wade down there he wasn't going to win with the Heat. The situations are very similar

True. LeBron is viewed the way he is because he was sold as the next Jordan before his senior year in HS, thus he will always be compared to him. I think that's the difference.

KD, until he joined the Warriors, was viewed almost as a underdog-type of figure you like to root for.

People can play for whomever they want. Imagine if the country hated you for moving out of the butthole of America to live in Miami. Cleveland sucks, he saved millions upon millions on state taxes, raised millions for the boy's club, he won 2 titles, then he gave Cleveland a chance to build and came back and brought them a title they likely never would have won. As much as people hate it, he made the right call for everybody involved.

VN Store

Back