Lebron/Jordan

Or the freaking Knicks that got destroyed by the Spurs? Those are better than a Boston team with three Hall of Famers? Ok

There is zero chance in hell that any of the three bolded teams were better than the Big 3 Celtics. The mid-2000s Pistons were probably better than all three of those teams too.

Lol Zero chance? Gtfoh They would beat the Cavs, The Pacers would be a close series, and The Knicks is a toss up.

Or the freaking Knicks that got destroyed by the Spurs? Those are better than a Boston team with three Hall of Famers? Ok

Well this explains the post I just quoted. That is not the Knicks team he is talking about, no Harper, Starks, Oak, Mason, and an older Ewing that didn't even play in the Finals, and no Riley coaching them. Literally, except maybe Herb Williams, it's a completely different team.

I'll grant the big three Celtics. The team Lebron had to break up to beat. Yea, really got me

Well this explains the post I just quoted. That is not the Knicks team he is talking about, no Harper, Starks, Oak, Mason, and an older Ewing that didn't even play in the Finals, and no Riley coaching them. Literally, except maybe Herb Williams, it's a completely different team.

Thanks for helping him out Jerry

Reactions: 1 person
I CHALLENGE you to read this article objectively and come back to talk.. or anyone else who thinks Lebron has had an easier playoff path in his career than Jordan.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/galler...offs-finals-preview-greatest-opponents-052517

The argument is path to the Finals. The finals is factored into this argument, and the guy says MJ had the tougher first 3 rounds while LBJ had a tougher finals opponent's. The article backs the tougher path TO the finals argument for MJ.

Reactions: 1 person
The argument is path to the Finals. The finals is factored into this argument, and the guy says MJ had the tougher first 3 rounds while LBJ had a tougher finals opponent's. The article backs the tougher path TO the finals argument for MJ.

Yes that's the conclusion. Lebron has had tougher playoff competition (finals included) than Jordan.

Yes that's the conclusion. Lebron has had tougher playoff competition (finals included) than Jordan.

Ok? You all are arguing the East, and LBJ making it to the Finals 7 straight years, finals shouldn't factor into that argument. Though that's highly debatable. The article actually hurts the path to the Finals argument for LBJ.

I'll grant the big three Celtics. The team Lebron had to break up to beat. Yea, really got me

Sure, we all know that beating Shaq, Kobe, Payton, and Malone to win a ring doesn't hold a candle to the Pacers' and Knicks' long list of accomplishments

Sure, we all know that beating Shaq, Kobe, Payton, and Malone to win a ring doesn't hold a candle to the Pacers' and Knicks' long list of accomplishments

How many times are you going to continually ignore us reminding you of the actual argument?

Beating that team isn't as impressive as you think it is. It was a bad match of talent, Malone was 40, and missed half of what would be his last season. GP was 35, rapidly declining, and beginning his ring chase. Pretty classic example of shoving parts together that just didn't fit. I might take Shaqs Magic team over it.

How many times are you going to continually ignore us reminding you of the actual argument?

Your actual argument is that a Pacers team that couldn't beat Shaq in Orlando is better than the Detroit team that beat Shaq, with Kobe, and actually won a title. It's a terrible argument

Your actual argument is that a Pacers team that couldn't beat Shaq in Orlando is better than the Detroit team that beat Shaq, with Kobe, and actually won a title. It's a terrible argument

You're really walking a tightrope to turn my comment into that

The argument is about who they had to go through to get to the finals, not who would beat who. Your whole argument is centered around 2 teams, that should tell you all you need to know.

The argument is about who they had to go through to get to the finals, not who would beat who. Your whole argument is centered around 2 teams, that should tell you all you need to know.

I never said LeBron faced a tougher Eastern Conference than Jordan. But the notion that teams like the Cavs and Pacers were better than anyone in the East during LeBron's career is an insane exaggeration. It's nowhere close to being true.

It's centered on the Pistons because Bill already conceded the Celtics, but is still trying to act like he's only slightly off base, rather than calling it the absurd statement that it is.

Last edited:
I agree that Jordan's conference was tougher generally, but if it was that much tougher, it should be able to speak for itself without you having to make wild exaggerations to make your point.

The Celtics and Pistons were great challenges for him, but after that it gets pretty shaky as far as Eastern Conference challengers are concerned.

The East has been down for awhile. I find the whole Jordan/Lebron debate silly anyway. Not sure how you can compare 2 guys with totally different playing styles

I never said LeBron faced a tougher Eastern Conference than Jordan. But the notion that teams like the Cavs and Pacers were better than anyone in the East during LeBron's career is an insane exaggeration.

Road to the finals was the initial argument though. But I'll switch to your argument. To assume they couldn't beat The Celtics or Pistons isn't fair either though, especially saying they would have zero chance. Different eras, rules, etc makes it impossible to tell.

Honestly I don't think the old Cavs could, The Pacers would be a close series. The Knicks would depend on era played in. In the present that Magic team would probably be the best equipped to win, and that's not saying the are better than The Pacers or Knicks. Just style wise they would be the better fit. IMO JMO FMO

The East has been down for awhile. I find the whole Jordan/Lebron debate silly anyway. Not sure how you can compare 2 guys with totally different playing styles

I agree, he's far more Magic than MJ. A better argument would be who is your all time starting 5 VS who's better between a SG and a SF or a PG and a C.

I agree that Jordan's conference was tougher generally, but if it was that much tougher, it should be able to speak for itself without you having to make wild exaggerations to make your point.

Fair enough, but you said they would have zero chance, I'd call that a wild exaggeration. Lol

VN Store

Back