Leach will be the one to dethrone Saban

This is typical SEC. Bowl games are mostly about who wants it. Most SEC schools after running through a regular season gauntlet, couldn’t care less about some of these lesser bowl games. That being said it’s not a very good look
I can buy "didn't want it" excuse but not for State. They aren't exactly an elite program. They wanted this.

Leach will never win consistently in the SEC. He’s good for 1 win over a team he shouldn’t beat, but he’s also good for 2-3 losses against teams he shouldn’t lose to.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Do you seriously think his talent comparison with TTU last night was worse than it will always be vs Bama?

MSU beat UTA&M the week before A&M beat Alabama. They also beat a couple of other top 25 teams, and nearly beat Arkansas on the road except for a missed FG at the end.

Missing 10 players, including both O tackles did have a significant impact, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Keep coming back to this thread as much as you like. MSU may or may not pull it off in another few years. I say they will get pretty close. Probably about the same chances as UT will have over the coming seasons.

MSU beat UTA&M the week before A&M beat Alabama. They also beat a couple of other top 25 teams, and nearly beat Arkansas on the road except for a missed FG at the end.

Missing 10 players, including both O tackles did have a significant impact, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Keep coming back to this thread as much as you like. MSU may or may not pull it off in another few years. I say they will get pretty close. Probably about the same chances as UT will have over the coming seasons.
Tennessee has a much better chance because Tennessee can recruit at a level that Mississippi State cannot.

Your attempts to put lipstick on the MSU pig is failing miserably. TT beat KS by 1, WV by 3 and Stephen F Austin by 6. They got crushed by TCU and Texas. Neither are any good.

Leach’s team got out played and out coached. They got destroyed by 4 TDs. There are no excuses. But keep trying to make them.

MSU beat UTA&M the week before A&M beat Alabama.
And if that method worked then everyone would be undefeated... and winless at the exact same time.
They also beat a couple of other top 25 teams, and nearly beat Arkansas on the road except for a missed FG at the end.
And they were just blown out by a middling or worse Big 12 team.

They were slaughtered by Bama. They were almost beaten by La Tech... a 3-9 G-5 team. They lost to Memphis.

NCSU and UK being "ranked" is pretty much incidental. Both were mediocre teams.

That's just not the kind of consistency that will result in a coach dethroning Saban. But it is kind of the story of Leach's career.

Yes. And? The coach who will "dethrone" Saban will still be good enough to beat a bad 6-6 TTU team.... and definitely won't be blown out by them. TTU had 4 sacks which is about twice their season avg and then under their avg QB hurries with 2. It was a pretty "average" game for them in pressure on the QB. MSU's OL seems to have held up OK in pass pro. They only average about 60 ypg on the ground and had 54 vs TTU. Their top 3 WR's appear to have played. Missing players probably hurt them on D but they should have been able to score on TTU. They just made a ton of mistakes.

I'm not claiming that UT has "great" chances... but I'll say that MSU pretty much has zero chance. Leach isn't that good.... consistently. Their recruiting isn't going to get them there and especially on D. Fast, athletic D's can stop his O. And MSU's resources just aren't what you have to have in order to catch up with Bama.

UT has the resources and the established capability to recruit in the top tier when they have a credible coach... and sometimes when they don't. I personally like Heupel's leadership a lot. But there's still a lot of things both in and out of his control that have to fall right.

All I will say is that all things considered, I am very happy we got who we got as HC right now. All other speculation is just wasted brain cycles. Just be thankful and don‘t waste time sweating how we got here 😉

There, I said it.

In another year or two CML will defeat Saban, sending him into retirement as a loser.

Thank the football Gods for CML.

Too bad Fulmer was too stupid to see it, but still glad we got CJH.

Rest in Peace coach Leach.

Right now he is up in Heaven explaining the Air Raid to the angels!

VN Store

Back