Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Bezos pays income tax. My guess is he’s paid more than you or I combined.
He’s your typical employee that thinks the boss man has all the money and is screwing everyone so he and his wife can drive a Mercedes.... and that the boss should pay more taxes and all that ridiculous garbage because he has absolutely no idea just how much the boss actually pays.... or how much tax revenue the boss’s business generates

Whatever CNN has done, it doesn't make President Donald Trump's boasting over the Neilsen ratings of press conferences any less unseemly at a time when millions of Americans are being put out of work. It is the height of self-absorption and the optics are terrible. There is an appropriate time and place for everything and this isn't the time to be boasting about something as trivial as Neilsen ratings. A good leader should be able to see the high road and take it once in a while. However, President Trump's insecurity and ego never allow for any perceived sleight to go without launching an immediate insult in response. Trump referred to the Rupert Murdoch-owned outlet, The Wall Street Journal, as "fake news". Are you kidding me? That is beyond petty.
Shouldnt we hold the media to similar standards? Perceived? As an American, I'm incredibly unimpressed with several things during these press conferences that I've watched live.
1. The questions based on pure narrative
2. The questions aimed at getting a filtered and revised soundbite
3. The media's repetitive meaningless questions
4. These reporters will ask questions they know are formed from trash just because they think they are actually smart and no one will catch on when in reality, they are the dumbest group of people out of any industry. I actually used to think the industry had an average intelligence until Trump came along and made them all dumb as hell. How? I honestly have no idea what sparked them to be so incompetent. Change in chem trails maybe?
5. CNNs transparency of childish antics by not airing it LIVE. If CNN believed he was actually damaging to himself, they'd air it live and let him dig his own grave.
6. Watching the guy live isnt even close to damaging to himself or any rational person watching for information.
7. I don't like the back and forth but I also dont blame him for lashing out. I used to wonder what the end game was with lashing out but the media punches themselves in the dick daily. CBS using the same footage they got called out on for the second time is one of a million exhibits.
8. People who hate him, will hate him and no matter what he says, these idiots will take the opposite stance because they are so small minded that they allow ONE ***** GUY to alter their ability to comprehend information and critically think. It's amazing how these people are wrong at every single turn.

My final and most important point. The media MUST be held to a higher standard than this. The distrust in media across the country is tragic. More tragic than one guy being petty because the one guy is short term and the distrust in media is long term. They don't deserve that trust right now and they are in a wildly deep hole. While I hold the POTUS in high standards, I also hold the media to high standards. I suggest you start holding the media in just as high of standard, otherwise, it'll continue to be embarrassing.

He’s your typical employee that thinks the boss man has all the money and is screwing everyone so he and his wife can drive a Mercedes.... and that the boss should pay more taxes and all that ridiculous garbage because he has absolutely no idea just how much the boss actually pays.... or how much tax revenue the boss’s business generates
Yep you got. Still doesn’t change how much amazon has paid in federal income taxes.

Shouldnt we hold the media to similar standards? Perceived? As an American, I'm incredibly unimpressed with several things during these press conferences that I've watched live.
4. These reporters will ask questions they know are formed from trash just because they think they are actually smart and no one will catch on when in reality, they are the dumbest group of people out of any industry. I actually used to think the industry had an average intelligence until Trump came along and made them all dumb as hell. How? I honestly have no idea what sparked them to be so incompetent. Change in chem trails maybe?
5. CNNs transparency of childish antics by not airing it LIVE. If CNN believed he was actually damaging to himself, they'd air it live and let him dig his own grave.
6. Watching the guy live isnt even close to damaging to himself or any rational person watching for information.
7. I don't like the back and forth but I also dont blame him for lashing out. I used to wonder what the end game was with lashing out but the media punches themselves in the dick daily. CBS using the same footage they got called out on for the second time is one of a million exhibits.
8. People who hate him, will hate him and no matter what he says, these idiots will take the opposite stance because they are so small minded that they allow ONE ***** GUY to alter their ability to comprehend information and critically think. It's amazing how these people are wrong at every single turn.

My final and most important point. The media MUST be held to a higher standard than this. The distrust in media across the country is tragic. More tragic than one guy being petty because the one guy is short term and the distrust in media is long term. They don't deserve that trust right now and they are in a wildly deep hole. While I hold the POTUS in high standards, I also hold the media to high standards. I suggest you start holding the media in just as high of standard, otherwise, it'll continue to be embarrassing.

Smith-Mundt...another Obama winner

Reactions: DynaLo
I got tested for the covid today..... that test awful..... it feels like they are scraping your brain.

I heard a guy on talk radio one day talking about that covid19 testing for it.....said it was horrible on how far up the nose they go to swab the inside. He said he thought they wouldn't stop...

I heard a guy on talk radio one day talking about that covid19 testing for it.....said it was horrible on how far up the nose they go to swab the inside. He said he thought they wouldn't stop...
It is a nasopharyngeal swab so it has to go farther than the nasal passage.

Everyone should check out the site allsides.com to check media bias. Most here would probably be surprised.

Thanks man I appreciate the help. The glasses aren’t hipster enough for me though. Maybe I’ll make my own outta avocado oil and glue.

Not sure about the dentures just yet but I’ll check them out. Probably need an xl fit my big ole mouth. I guess I could always make my own dentures too. Just cut out the middle man all together. I do appreciate yore doing me a solid and posting those links. Means a lot.

Obsolete 1950s Computer Code is causing Unemployment chaos amid huge lines: Appeal for retired Programmers who know obscure COBOL language to fix Outdated Computer System in states across US

States have appealed for help reprogramming their outdated computer systems that are used to process surging unemployment applications as a record 16.8 million Americans claim benefits amid the coronavirus lockdown.

A record 6.6 million new claims for unemployment benefits were filed last week, according to the latest Labor Department figures released on Thursday. It comes on top of than 10 million applications filed in the last two weeks of March.

Many local government computer programs use an obsolete code from the 1950s at a time when the social security process has been thrown into chaos with rising numbers of workers forced out of work due to coronavirus.

Officials in New Jersey, Kansas, Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island, Mississippi and Oklahoma have all admitted struggling to proceeds growing applications.
https://www.volnation.com/forum/javascript:void(0)
Governors have put out pleas for retired programmers to help code the decades-old computer programming language called COBOL because many of the state's systems still run on old mainframes.

Hundreds of desperate Floridians were filmed lining up and risking exposure to coronavirus to get paper for applications.

More than half of states still rely on 40-year-old mainframe systems that run on outdated software.

Appeal for retired programmers to fix outdated computer system amid unemployment chaos | Daily Mail Online

More of the talks with my dad centered around discussing what could/should be done for people like you.
If you think really hard, maybe get in a quiet and dark room, I think you may be able to come up with an instance or two when pregnant is not preventable.

Abstinence is the only sure-proof way to prevent pregnancy. Signed, Science.

Obsolete 1950s Computer Code is causing Unemployment chaos amid huge lines: Appeal for retired Programmers who know obscure COBOL language to fix Outdated Computer System in states across US

States have appealed for help reprogramming their outdated computer systems that are used to process surging unemployment applications as a record 16.8 million Americans claim benefits amid the coronavirus lockdown.

A record 6.6 million new claims for unemployment benefits were filed last week, according to the latest Labor Department figures released on Thursday. It comes on top of than 10 million applications filed in the last two weeks of March.

Many local government computer programs use an obsolete code from the 1950s at a time when the social security process has been thrown into chaos with rising numbers of workers forced out of work due to coronavirus.

Officials in New Jersey, Kansas, Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island, Mississippi and Oklahoma have all admitted struggling to proceeds growing applications.
Governors have put out pleas for retired programmers to help code the decades-old computer programming language called COBOL because many of the state's systems still run on old mainframes.

Hundreds of desperate Floridians were filmed lining up and risking exposure to coronavirus to get paper for applications.

More than half of states still rely on 40-year-old mainframe systems that run on outdated software.

Appeal for retired programmers to fix outdated computer system amid unemployment chaos | Daily Mail Online

Good Grief.....

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Yeah, I naturally bent my head back and the nurse told me it didn’t matter how far I ran that she was going to chase me.

Abstinence is the only sure-proof way to prevent pregnancy. Signed, Science.
Not really, two dudes can have all the sex they want. Ain’t nobody getting prego. Two women can have all the sex they want, ain’t nobody getting prego. A woman could have you ovaries removed, she ain’t getting prego. Dude could have his balls removed and a penile implant in place, ain’t nobody getting prego. That’s a lot of none abstinence.

VN Store

Back