Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Brian Stelter Frets About Fox News’ Coverage of NYC Wuhan Virus Failures – Until CNN Covers Them the Next Day

Under Mayor Bill de Blasio’s “leadership”, New York City committed a number of serious blunders when it came to their early handling of the Wuhan coronavirus crisis. But according to CNN media firefighter Brian Stelter, the primary focus for the media should be on the Trump administration’s alleged failures because Orange Man Bad.

In a newsletter published late Saturday night, Stelter took serious issue with Fox News’ coverage of what NYC officials including de Blasio were saying in the days and weeks leading up to the massive outbreak of the virus in city:

Advisors to British PM: True Number of Coronavirus Cases in China Could be ’15 to 40′ Times Higher – Report

The Daily Mail reports that British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s scientific advisors warned him that the real number of coronavirus cases in China could be “15 to 40” times worse than what they’ve told the world.

Officials at “No. 10” are especially angry over Beijing’s attempt to blame U.S. soldier’s for bringing the virus to Wuhan. One source told The Daily Mail, “There is a disgusting disinformation campaign going on and it is unacceptable. They [the Chinese government] know they have got this badly wrong and rather than owning it they are spreading lies.”

Advisors to British PM: True Number of Coronavirus Cases in China Could be '15 to 40' Times Higher - Report

CA Dismantled Its Mobile Hospital System, Ventilator, Respirator Stockpiles in 2011

As Jeff Charles reported, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti predicts that the City of Angels is less than a week away from reaching New York City levels of Wuhan coronavirus cases. Such a major increase (nearly doubling every two days) would overwhelm the city’s healthcare capacity. Garcetti said:
If Garcetti had access to three mobile 200-bed hospitals with ICU units and surgical suites, “50 million N95 respirators, 2,400 portable ventilators, and kits to set up 21,000 additional patient beds wherever they were needed,” he would probably feel a bit more prepared to handle the predicted onslaught.

California had such a system, implemented by former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2006. Schwarzenegger was troubled by the suffering he saw along the Gulf coast after Katrina and was concerned about a possible bird flu pandemic. Knowing that devastating earthquakes and “wanted to prepare the state for future calamities.”

During the 2008 recession state revenues plummeted, and the state faced a $26 billion budget deficit by the time Schwarzenegger left office. Gov. Jerry Brown cut the system in 2011, sarcastically remarking that “the programs had been set up to counter ‘a potential influenza pandemic which did not occur.‘”

CA Dismantled Its Mobile Hospital System, Ventilator, Respirator Stockpiles in 2011

💩
EUObZMOWsAE1-gb

CC amateur hour? Those deaths occur in developing countries that receive tons of money in foreign aid to combat public health and sanitation conditions that cause people to die from diseases that produce diarrhea.

You would be surprised at the number of patients that other hospitals transfer to UT because either they screwed them up or they simply can’t deal with them
I sorry, You don't get away with that. "They screwed them up" so they sent them to UT?

Suicides Topped Coronavirus Deaths in Tennessee Last Week; What, If Anything, Does That Tell Us?

President Trump was attacked by many on the left, and some on the right, after he said he would like the U.S. to be open for business by Easter. The President has qualified that statement and says he would prefer a more targeted approach, meaning that the areas of the country which were the least affected by the coronavirus will open first and as conditions permit, other areas will follow.

The Federalist’s Tristan Justice reported the rather stunning news that nine residents in Knox County, TN took their own lives within a 48-hour period last week.

According to the Tennessee Department of Health, so far, there have been six coronavirus deaths in the entire state. (Rather than issuing a statewide shelter-in-place order, the Tennessee governor has shut down the counties which have been the hardest hit, Knox County being among them.)

Knoxville, Tennessee Mayor Glenn Jacobs said, “That number is completely shocking and makes me wonder if what we are doing now is really the best approach. We have to determine how we can respond to COVID-19 in a way that keeps our economy intact, keeps people employed and empowers them with a feeling of hope and optimism – not desperation and despair.”

Suicides Topped Coronavirus Deaths in Tennessee Last Week; What, If Anything, Does That Tell Us?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Deaths don’t happen suddenly.... these deaths got started 1-2 possibly more weeks ago.... the good news that they stated on my call is that the severity of cases has plateaued and some or on a downward trend

I agree on that last sentence. Data does support that. Deaths won’t climax until later.

What was it. If you don’t mind me asking
My dad had an ATV accident a couple of years ago. He was 79. He rolled it over doing something stupid and uncharacteristic. We were in Crossville and he was able to ride it out to the cars and my brother and I took him to the Crossville hospital. We suspected he had bruised ribs as it hurt him to take a deep breath. They did a CT scan and informed us that he had 8 broken ribs on his left side. Said at his age he needed to be at a level one trauma center, asked us which one and we said UT. Plopped us in an ambulance and off we went. Got to UT and we were swarmed by what seemed like a dozen people. They assigned someone to me that stayed with me to answer questions and offer me comfort. I thought to myself, this is awesome, this is the way it should be done. At the same time it was such a response I was worried something was wrong i didnt know about. The Crossville hospital sent the CT scan via DVD bit they wanted another chest xray to make sure nothing had changed. After about 15-20 min they rolled him out into the hall of the ER. They explained that they were out of rooms but one would open up soon. I asked what the prognosis was and what they were going to do, admit, discharge, etc. No one knew. We sat in the hallway for 7 hours. By this time I'd had been awake for 24 hours and I was getting cranky. Dad was thirsty, asked for milk. Everybody said we don't know what he's allowed to have. Finally someone said they'd bring him some milk. An hour later, still no milk. Finally they brought him some milk. We rolled into the ER about 11:00PM. It was 6:00AM that they put us in a room right off the ER that they said wasn't used much. They decided to admit him to the trauma ICU about 2 hours later. After that it was awesome.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
German state financial minister kills himself over coronavirus ‘despair’

A German state finance minister took his own life after expressing “despair” over how to handle the economic fallout from coronavirus, an official said.

Thomas Schaefer, who was the finance minister of Germany’s Hesse region, was found dead by suicide Saturday on railway tracks at Hochheim, which is near Frankfurt.

germany-hesse-finance-minister-thomas-schaefer.jpg

State governor Volker Bouffier said Sunday that the 54-year-old had become consumed with how to handle the coronavirus crisis sending the global markets into freefall.

He said Schaefer was particularly concerned about “whether it would be possible to succeed in fulfilling the population’s huge expectations, particularly of financial help.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/29/germa...ister-kills-himself-over-coronavirus-despair/

I was seriously thinking about your well being though. Don't blame you and take care.
I'm fine, but I have been staying around the house more in the last 2 weeks. Started painting inside the house, and have been pressure washing the outside the last 2 days in this great weather. Climbing up and down the ladder is killing my arthritic knees. Squeezing the trigger on the pressure washer is killing the arthritis in my hands Looking up while I scrub is killing the arthritis in my neck. And, my back hurts all the time anyway. I have had bleach get in my eyes, and also burn white spots on an old red shirt. But, I'm alive and well. Thanks for asking. Getting old sucks, but I will keep at it until I can't.

VN Store

Back