Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

The example I'm using here is Michigan. In that state the governor IS standing in the way of this drug being used for Covid-19 treatment. I have a really hard time with that. Do you support what she's doing?

It's not how I would go about it necessarily, but given the conditions of supply issues, limiting it to medical conditions of which it is currently approved for seems legally sound, while it addresses the alleged abuse that was occurring. Again, this really falls on the FDA to approve it.

How many physicians participating in the trials would not be allowed to administer the drug to CV-19 patients? I don't know this answer, but I'm guessing it depends on how it's being conducted.

How man physicians would be allowed to prescribe it, without oversight, to anyone they wanted without this declaration? I'd guess all of them.

How much would be available right now, for virtually anyone? I'd say close to none.

Without controls the clinical tests would suffer, creating data gaps and unnecessary supply shortages, which amount to delayed approval from the FDA, but that's just how I see it.

BTW, if your grandmother has arthritis, prescribing it to her doesn't appear as if it would be prohibited, but getting some might be another story.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/...cribing_and_Dispensing_3-24-2020_684869_7.pdf

Last edited:
German state financial minister kills himself over coronavirus ‘despair’

A German state finance minister took his own life after expressing “despair” over how to handle the economic fallout from coronavirus, an official said.

Thomas Schaefer, who was the finance minister of Germany’s Hesse region, was found dead by suicide Saturday on railway tracks at Hochheim, which is near Frankfurt.

germany-hesse-finance-minister-thomas-schaefer.jpg

State governor Volker Bouffier said Sunday that the 54-year-old had become consumed with how to handle the coronavirus crisis sending the global markets into freefall.

He said Schaefer was particularly concerned about “whether it would be possible to succeed in fulfilling the population’s huge expectations, particularly of financial help.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/29/germa...ister-kills-himself-over-coronavirus-despair/

I'm assuming he'll be counted among the coronavirus deaths to help pump the numbers up.

A German state finance minister took his own life after expressing “despair” over how to handle the economic fallout from coronavirus, an official said.

Thomas Schaefer, who was the finance minister of Germany’s Hesse region, was found dead by suicide Saturday on railway tracks at Hochheim, which is near Frankfurt.

State governor Volker Bouffier said Sunday that the 54-year-old had become consumed with how to handle the coronavirus crisis sending the global markets into freefall.

He said Schaefer was particularly concerned about “whether it would be possible to succeed in fulfilling the population’s huge expectations, particularly of financial help.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/29/germa...ister-kills-himself-over-coronavirus-despair/
I feel very sad for the decision makers at this point in time. There are no sure answers, and they are going to be second guessed, Monday morning quarterbacked, and criticized by half the people, no matter what. I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, whatever party or country, so long as they are trying to make things better, and doing their best. They are under enormous stress right now.

I'm fine, but I have been staying around the house more in the last 2 weeks. Started painting inside the house, and have been pressure washing the outside the last 2 days in this great weather. Climbing up and down the ladder is killing my arthritic knees. Squeezing the trigger on the pressure washer is killing the arthritis in my hands Looking up while I scrub is killing the arthritis in my neck. And, my back hurts all the time anyway. I have had bleach get in my eyes, and also burn white spots on an old red shirt. But, I'm alive and well. Thanks for asking. Getting old sucks, but I will keep at it until I can't.
I wen't and picked up a bunch of stain for my cabin early in the morning a week ago and that is my project for the next week or so depending on the weather.

I sorry, You don't get away with that. "They screwed them up" so they sent them to UT?
Yes most area hospitals can’t handle hard traumas or don’t want to deal with certain patients so they transfer them. Pretty common practice. That’s why I would never go to any hospital other than UT, parkwest or childrens

My dad had an ATV accident a couple of years ago. He was 79. He rolled it over doing something stupid and uncharacteristic. We were in Crossville and he was able to ride it out to the cars and my brother and I took him to the Crossville hospital. We suspected he had bruised ribs as it hurt him to take a deep breath. They did a CT scan and informed us that he had 8 broken ribs on his left side. Said at his age he needed to be at a level one trauma center, asked us which one and we said UT. Plopped us in an ambulance and off we went. Got to UT and we were swarmed by what seemed like a dozen people. They assigned someone to me that stayed with me to answer questions and offer me comfort. I thought to myself, this is awesome, this is the way it should be done. At the same time it was such a response I was worried something was wrong i didnt know about. The Crossville hospital sent the CT scan via DVD bit they wanted another chest xray to make sure nothing had changed. After about 15-20 min they rolled him out into the hall of the ER. They explained that they were out of rooms but one would open up soon. I asked what the prognosis was and what they were going to do, admit, discharge, etc. No one knew. We sat in the hallway for 7 hours. By this time I'd had been awake for 24 hours and I was getting cranky. Dad was thirsty, asked for milk. Everybody said we don't know what he's allowed to have. Finally someone said they'd bring him some milk. An hour later, still no milk. Finally they brought him some milk. We rolled into the ER about 11:00PM. It was 6:00AM that they put us in a room right off the ER that they said wasn't used much. They decided to admit him to the trauma ICU about 2 hours later. After that it was awesome.
Yea ED gets busy because they are servicing 50 plus counties including KY and NC. They usually have to wait for a series of tests before patients can drink water let alone milk. They likely had about 35 similar cases like your dad just that day

CNN currently showing live video and reporting from various hospitals, testing centers, and food distribution locations and relaying how dire the situation is. Meanwhile behind them the pictures show empty parking lots, bored aide workers, and supplies just laying around untouched...every time.

It’s the most surreal example of disassociation I’ve ever seen.

Wow that's a huge overreaction in my opinion

tenor.gif

You know they reopened it for international students who can't go home, right?

I knew you knew.

False:

"Mr. Falwell initially said only international students or those with nowhere else to go would remain. Then he welcomed back a much larger group of about 1,900 students to campus housing last week, in addition to faculty members and staff. Others returned to off-campus rentals in Lynchburg."

Good!

VN Store

Back