Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Healthcare should never be for profit business. At that point it stops being about healthcare. The cost of medicine and treatment are absurd. I’m not sure what system we should move to, but what we have is definitely broken. We either need some form of healthcare for all or an affordable system that reduces the cost of medicine and treatment.

But it’s a threefold problem between drug manufacturers, hospitals and insurance companies. Whether you agree with him or not, it’s very telling the medical stock went higher after Bernie dropped out.

Congratulations. You have, with no indication to the contrary from me, pointed out that there are multiple variables affecting projections.

I pointed out your nonsense on flaws being due to variability of actions by governors, was just that, nonsense.

No go pat yourself on the back some more for doing nothing.

You are so wrong it is not even funny. Medicaid expansion funneled more money to rural hospitals. However Conservative governors that refused to expand to satisfy their base doomed rural hospitals.
More Rural Hospitals Closing in States Refusing Medicaid Coverage Expansion
city center
One of the reasons rural hospitals needed that money is because some people that don't have insurance, use the emergency room as a doctors office. If they can't pay, the hospital eats that or passes it on to the other patients. In city centers, that margin does not affect their bottom line as much. More patients, more money to cover costs.
Hospitals do not keep their doors open with Medicaid. Private and commercial payers is what keeps the lights on. The massive jump in copays and premiums drove the rural hospitals out of business due to lower volume. Also the EMR mandate was an expensive cost to providers causing many small town clinicians to join large groups or simply retire. Guess what? This caused less volume also. Thanks for taking the time to let me educate you.

We have freely let the government collapse the economy and take away our liberty and freedoms. Never thought I would see this in our lifetime.

At some point most of us will look back and say WTF were we thinking?

Don't worry Justin, your cousins grandchildren will tell the stories about you, and how one man took a stand.

"What happened to Justin, Grandma?"

"Oh, the virus got him,, but he died free.."

in uncertain times, it is not an overreaction. They did not know a lot about the virus at the time. 15K people dead says that it was not an overreaction.
And it could likely be much worse. When dealing with an unknown, it’s better to overreact and save lives than to under react and cause people to die.

Yes, but they are 62% less likely to close.

Means nothing. For that percentage to matter you would have to look at population density, average incomes, employment and several other stats. What matters is whether or not ACA is causing the closure of rural hospitals or not and 5 of the 10 states facing the most closures are states that have expanded medicare.

Healthcare should never be for profit business. At that point it stops being about healthcare. The cost of medicine and treatment are absurd. I’m not sure what system we should move to, but what we have is definitely broken. We either need some form of healthcare for all or an affordable system that reduces the cost of medicine and treatment.

But it’s a threefold problem between drug manufacturers, hospitals and insurance companies. Whether you agree with him or not, it’s very telling the medical stock went higher after Bernie dropped out.

If there were no profit in healthcare we would have mid 1900s healthcare at best.

Where did WHO say we'd be down to zero? The premise I was contesting was that Trump's statements tracked those made by WHO. So please, take those goalposts and put 'em back where they were.

You're congenitally dishonest; show me where the WHO mentions the first 15 patients and their progress or prognosis AT ALL - ? According to your logic, they must not even exist. Good grief.

Secondly, you're essentially saying that unless EVERYone parroted the EXACT words, there's not a fundamental sameness in messaging. What a stupid argument.

Pick a better premise next time.

Maybe @NurseGoodVol can comment.

Yes, the stress levels are high. I've been through this before and this too shall pass.
We have leadership issues that existed before this virus and this is only amplifying those weaknesses x10. We have 14 beds that are just covid pts and rule outs.
Each person there has a different stressor. Mine is admin, others are afraid to take this home with them, some are just freaked out over the amount of time we are spending in full isolation garb because it gets hot after about 10 min. The biggest fear everyone has is a covid patient coding. We can't do it like we normally would.
Levity is used frequently and needed.
We have employee assistance available and a few have used it. If I see someone near distress I try to talk to them find out where they are at and help them address it.
We have been supported by donations from the community of food for the high acuity units where it is most stressful.
We will get through this and come out on the other side better than we were before, as long as we look at our failures, address them honestly and not repeat them.

Status of State Medicaid Expansion Decisions: Interactive Map
37 states adopted expansion. Half of that would be 18.5 states.
You are saying 18.5 states are in the top 10 states for rural hospital closings.
See the problem?

Dud, I posted an article that had the top 10 states facing the most hospital closures. 5 of them were stats that have expanded medicare. I even posted the same link you did for reference. If you people would actually pay attention you wouldn't make yourselves look so lost.

Reactions: 615vols
Don't worry Justin, your cousins grandchildren will tell the stories about you, and how one man took a stand.

"What happened to Justin, Grandma?"

"Oh, the virus got him,, but he died free.."
I promise you I won’t die from this flu bug, but let’s look at it from your families angle.
“Was bread always $15 a loaf, grandma?”
“No but people like stew were willing to let the economy crash back in 2020 so the government passed a $ 2 trillion stimulus package”

“Did we always let the government use our cell phones to track us so they could make us stay home if they wanted to, grandma?”
“No but there were millions of little bitches like stew who were all too willing to give up their liberty and freedom over a flu bug”

VN Store

Back