Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I pointed out your nonsense on flaws being due to variability of actions by governors, was just that, nonsense.

No go pat yourself on the back some more for doing nothing.

Link to where I patted myself on the back, please. I’m being intentionally very direct with my statements and you continuously assign whatever sentiment you feel to them. Don’t. I’m saying what I mean.

Your alternative explanation as to why the models are flawed, please.

in uncertain times, it is not an overreaction. They did not know a lot about the virus at the time. 15K people dead says that it was not an overreaction.

"By June, an estimated 60,000 family practices will close or significantly scale back, and 800,000 of their employees will be laid off, furloughed or have their hours reduced..."

That is overreaction. It's not a calculated, logical approach but a lazy one-size fits all, wave of the bureaucratic wand. Because government is a blunt instrument, it's the only way they know how to 'solve' problems. Even if you accept unknown concerns re: the virus.

When it becomes apparent a problem doesn't require a hammer, you stop hammering.

Dud, I posted an article that had the top 10 states facing the most hospital closures. 5 of them were stats that have expanded medicare. I even posted the same link you did for reference. If you people would actually pay attention you wouldn't make yourselves look so lost.

That was not a typo, was it?

Reactions: hog88
I promise you I won’t die from this flu bug, but let’s look at it from your families angle.
“Was bread always $15 a loaf, grandma?”
“No but people like stew were willing to let the economy crash back in 2020 so the government passed a $ 2 trillion stimulus package”

“Did we always let the government use our cell phones to track us so they could make us stay home if they wanted to, grandma?”
“No but there were millions of little bitches like stew who were all too willing to give up their liberty and freedom over a flu bug”

I left out the part of Grandma's story that you would appreciate most:

"He instructed the doctors, as he took his last breath, to list the cause of death as 'Freedom'..".

Dud, I posted an article that had the top 10 states facing the most hospital closures. 5 of them were stats that have expanded medicare. I even posted the same link you did for reference. If you people would actually pay attention you wouldn't make yourselves look so lost.
Yes so if half that did expand are in the top 10 it cripples your medicare argument now doesn't it?
Dud, can you truly not understand your mistake?
You said half that expanded are in the top 10. That's wrong.
You should have said.....Half of the top ten were states that expanded. That's 5 out of 37. (which isn't 50% but 13.5%)
Half of the top ten were states that did not expand. That's 5 out of 13. (which is 38.5%)
Not expanding makes a state about 3 times more likely to be in the top ten.

Dud, can you truly not understand your mistake?
You said half that expanded are in the top 10. That's wrong.
You should have said.....Half of the top ten were states that expanded. That's 5 out of 37. (which isn't 50% but 13.5%)
Half of the top ten were states that did not expand. That's 5 out of 13. (which is 38.5%)
Not expanding makes a state about 3 times more likely to be in the top ten.

I was referring to 1, that is ONE article I linked in a reply to another poster.

Healthcare should never be for profit business. At that point it stops being about healthcare. The cost of medicine and treatment are absurd. I’m not sure what system we should move to, but what we have is definitely broken. We either need some form of healthcare for all or an affordable system that reduces the cost of medicine and treatment.

But it’s a threefold problem between drug manufacturers, hospitals and insurance companies. Whether you agree with him or not, it’s very telling the medical stock went higher after Bernie dropped out.

Then isn't it more telling that medical stocks quadrupled when the ACA passed?

What besides profit has incentivized the vast majority of medical breakthroughs?
I asked you to prove your statement.

But I’ll give you one example. Frederick Banting gave away the patent for insulin because he wanted it to be able to save people lives and be available to patients without high cost yet today insulin prices are skyrocketing.

Reactions: luthervol
I promise you I won’t die from this flu bug, but let’s look at it from your families angle.
“Was bread always $15 a loaf, grandma?”
“No but people like stew were willing to let the economy crash back in 2020 so the government passed a $ 2 trillion stimulus package”

“Did we always let the government use our cell phones to track us so they could make us stay home if they wanted to, grandma?”
“No but there were millions of little bitches like stew who were all too willing to give up their liberty and freedom over a flu bug”

Yes, we do allow the government to purchase analytics of cellphone data, at least well before now. Just as we've allowed traffic cameras, over the last few decades, to take pictures of our faces and license plates. But that's just the tip of the illuminati pyramid.

This data is supposed to exclude identifying information when it is sold or submitted at request, excluding a warrant, although it could probably be extrapolated .

I asked you to prove your statement.

But I’ll give you one example. Frederick Banting gave away the patent for insulin because he wanted it to be able to save people lives and be available to patients without high cost yet today insulin prices are skyrocketing.

And Salk gave away the polio vaccine, so what? That's 2 out of how many millions of advancements.

Yes, we do allow the government to purchase analytics of cellphone data, at least well before now. Just as we've allowed traffic cameras, over the last few decades, to take pictures of your plates. But that's just the tip of the illuminati pyramid.

This data isn't supposed to include identifying information when it is sold or submitted at request, excluding a warrant, although it could probably be extrapolated .
And allow governors and doctors to say “you all stay home and we will tell you when it’s ok to leave” and some like you say “ok that’s fine” Such a shame and these actions will have far more disastrous impacts than a flu bug

Reactions: BennesseeVols
People like him don't understand business and the profit motive.
I understand it fine. And nothing motivates someone more than literally not dying. That’s the main thing driving the high cost of healthcare. You can’t put a price on not dying.

As I said, I don’t know what system will work better but the one we have now is broken.

Reactions: luthervol
I was referring to 1, that is ONE article I linked in a reply to another poster.
Well if an article stated that half of the states that expanded are in the top ten, then the article is wrong.
It's a mathematical impossibility.
No big deal. I was just "humorously" pointing out that you misspoke.

And Salk gave away the polio vaccine, so what? That's 2 out of how many millions of advancements.
So it proves there will be advancements in medicine without it being profit driven. Not wanting to die and having a high quality of life will drive healthcare improvements better than profit.

I understand it fine. And nothing motivates someone more than literally not dying. That’s the main thing driving the high cost of healthcare. You can’t put a price on not dying.

As I said, I don’t know what system will work better but the one we have now is broken.

I agree it is broken, but I don't free healthcare is the answer either. For healthcare to be adequate, there has to be profit in it. Finding the happy medium between 'free' and where it is now will be the trick to fixing the system.

Well if an article stated that half of the states that expanded are in the top ten, then the article is wrong.
It's a mathematical impossibility.
No big deal. I was just "humorously" pointing out that you misspoke.

Read the link. I didn't misspeak, you commented from a position without information.

And allow governors and doctors to say “you all stay home and we will tell you when it’s ok to leave” and some like you say “ok that’s fine” Such a shame and these actions will have far more disastrous impacts than a flu bug

I don't know what to tell you, you've already said you won't be contained. And I'm sure others feel the same. Truth be told, I doubt you catch much flack unless you are running a business which typically has people in close quarters.

But, yeah, I agree this isn't sustainable for the long term. I'd like to hear an adult discussion on the subject without DJ Trump having to spin everything to satisfy his political messaging.

VN Store

Back