Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

So you don't feel that a daily briefing by the President and the task force should be aired on love TV so the American people can decide for themselves what to believe? Or are you ok with what the Communist is putting on TV as fact?

What Communist news station are you watching?

Your original question was about edited pieces of the meetings. Probably trying to imply biased reporting.

Yes, In think news should be reported. Maybe not in its entirety but portions should be reported.

I happen to be a fan of C-span and live feeds from statehouses but the general public is not concerned with that level of detail.

What Communist news station are you watching?

Your original question was about edited pieces of the meetings. Probably trying to imply biased reporting.

Yes, In think news should be reported. Maybe not in its entirety but portions should be reported.

I happen to be a fan of C-span and live feeds from statehouses but the general public is not concerned with that level of detail.

It's a 45 minute daily update. WTH could be more important right now to air. And yes it's media Bias

Reactions: tbwhhs and Zues1
Can you
And if some guy strolled over and said "I punched someone in the face repeatedly and they got better" you'd let him do it?

I don't mean to be combative, but that's anecdotal......

I mean.... Some guy said it so what's the harm, right?
Because punching someone in the face once, much less repeatedly, physically harms someone, are you trying to play the part of dolt or does it just come naturally?

No. Anecdotal evidence is the precursor to scientific evidence. Especially when those anecdotes come from thousands of doctors. Even if there is no link, there is low risk in administering the drug, which is probably why Fauci has said himself he isn't only against trying.

I'm sorry the entire process is more nuanced than "Muh Science". It turns out the scientific community doesn't exist in a vacuum, and risk-reward analysis is needed when thousands of lives are at stake. You know, the ones you are pretending to cry about all in this thread.

Yes, it is.....

Just because "someone said so" isn't exactly a reason to subject millions of people to an unproven treatment.

There have been lots of people that bought "Dr. So and So's" whatever treatment to grow hair. Gwyneth Paltrow and her followers swear by "Goop". So do Alex Jones followers....... And homeopathy. This list goes on (and on and on).

Those are all anecdotal, too.

I'll take a peer reviewed study over someone's "It worked for me" any day.

But if you wanna take a chance on a potential fly-by-night cure, go right ahead.

It's your life. Knock y'self out......

That same intellectual line of reasoning can be turned around as well. What laws will be broken/bent to investigate and play gotcha in the future so forth and so on. Absolutely he makes himself a target with his demeanor but the lunacy goes beyond that.

And I thought Obama was subject to overboard scrutiny, it's like partisan politics have gone into one up mode. The right will now likely do whatever it takes to ruin the next Democrat in office, and why not?

For the record I hate politicians equally. They all suck, are liers, crooks and I think they rape the country. Both parties suck. I'm libertarian, conservative when it comes to money and don't give a crap unless it affects me directly socially do whatever you want. Trump is a pompous idiot for sure. But the left has gone into overdrive and are redlining trying to do whatever they can to diminish him. That isn't debatable and it goes way beyond the normal journalistic duties you mentioned earlier.

I think it is mostly right in line with journalistic duties. Just as you said his lunacy and demeanor go beyond that.

As a good libertarian it's not just he media that should scare you, it's the precedent of executive power that this President has set. The whole impeachment boiled down to weather you believed it is okay for a president to violate checks and balances and deny money appropriated by congress.

As a libertarian that should be the scariest of all.

Can you

Because punching someone in the face once, much less repeatedly, physically harms someone, are you trying to play the part of dolt or does it just come naturally?

Does jabbing someone in the arm with a pointy piece of metal cause them harm? (I sure as hell remember it hurting!)

And yet, you get vaccinated (I hope) repeatedly.......

Yes, it is.....

Just because "someone said so" isn't exactly a reason to subject millions of people to an unproven treatment.

There have been lots of people that bought "Dr. So and So's" whatever treatment to grow hair. Gwyneth Paltrow and her followers swear by "Goop". So do Alex Jones followers....... And homeopathy. This list goes on (and on and on).

Those are all anecdotal, too.

I'll take a peer reviewed study over someone's "It worked for me" any day.

But if you wanna take a chance on a potential fly-by-night cure, go right ahead.

It's your life. Knock y'self out......

I really pray no one in your family has to make the decision to or not to take this drug.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Production has been expedited. This drug has been around for years. No disrespect but if a Dr feels this is the best course of action then I support them using it took they run out.

I don’t know enough of the variables at play to have a strong opinion. I do know that individual doctors can’t make coordinated public health decisions. There can be a place for what the governor is doing. I don’t know enough to say this is that place.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
I think it is mostly right in line with journalistic duties. Just as you said his lunacy and demeanor go beyond that.

As a good libertarian it's not just he media that should scare you, it's the precedent of executive power that this President has set. The whole impeachment boiled down to weather you believed it is okay for a president to violate checks and balances and deny money appropriated by congress.

The next Democratic President will be impeached if the Republican party controls the house. Nice broad strokes with that brush you are painting. Never mind the fact the FBI illegally spied on an American citizen and known CIA asset. And while we are at it why won't Adam Schift release the transcript from the ICIG who got his A$$ fired on Friday?

Reactions: tbwhhs

But as a libertarian I have to look at evidence, does it appear he did it, can it be proven. Do I think he did something innapropriate? Yes, illegal, maybe not, not completely sure because the evidence was lacking and so many of the "prosecuting party" had relatives with skin in the game. Do I think the left trampled on the Constitution and skirted laws? I think they did and as a libertarian that does worry me. The ends rarely justify the means nor should they.

I really pray no one in your family has to make the decision to or not to take this drug.

Go ahead....

Stuff a "jade egg" up your wazoo to cure your <insert problem here>...... Plenty of anecdotes for that.

I'm sure Gwyneth will be happy to take your money.

Just like Alex Jones, Jim Bakker (and colloidal silver) et al etc.....

I just want more than anecdotes before I believe something.

And if you think Trump knows what he's talking about with ANY treatment I've got a bridge to sell you.....

Does jabbing someone in the arm with a pointy piece of metal cause them harm? (I sure as hell remember it hurting!)

And yet, you get vaccinated (I hope) repeatedly.......
A needle jab to administer medicinal drugs is far different than a punch that has no basis in medicine. The prior question still stands.

Yes, and we don't shut the country down for those. There's a middle ground between do nothing and shut the country down.

That being said, I bet you know someone with the flu. Maybe it didn't go out in a mass text, but something like 1 in 5 get the flu each year.

Evidently we shut it down when we continue to have those plus this Corona virus. And I've never said there was no middle ground or made claims that no one outside of NY has this virus.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Someone with the flu shows and feels symptoms. Someone can have the corona virus for possibly a week or more and not show or feel symptoms. You could possibly have the corona virus as we speak and not know it. Its not likely that someone has the flu but doesn't know it. If that is correct, I'll take your bet.

And if some guy strolled over and said "I punched someone in the face repeatedly and they got better" you'd let him do it?

I don't mean to be combative, but that's anecdotal......

I mean.... Some guy said it so what's the harm, right?
Punching people in the face has solved more problems than vaccines

Reactions: vols40
Is this like the flu or nah?
Compare: 2009 H1N1 Pandemic Versus the 2020 Coronavirus Pandemic | BioSpace

On March 17th, there were 93 confirmed deaths in the US linked to Covid-19....as of April 6th, there are 9,653. It is projected that we will surpass the H1N1 death toll by Wednesday. That is sobering. I remember like yesterday when people were telling me that 12,469 people died in a year from the swine flu. Here it is almost three months after the first confirmed case and we will surpass that number. I am afraid to see what the numbers will look like after a year.

Anyone complaining about Trump's treatment in the media is an amateur.

The media and the party out of power have an obligation to scrutinize the president. Freedom of press is present so the common person can be informed and pass judgement. The party out of power, this case the Democrats, have a job to be a watchdog. If these two entities are not scrutinizing the President, one of two things are happening. The first is understandable, an example is bipartisan support for a 9-11 victims. The second would be communism or a one party system. So yes, all presidents should get media scrutiny.
An obligation to criticize the president is fair but when they make things up, use a short clip out of context, do nothing but complain but get caught doing the same thing they are complaining about, it becomes the boy who cries wolf and they lose credibility even when it's real. The media has done nothing but lose the battle and it's because they are choosing to only fight the dumb battles such as Kavanaugh, Chinese virus, russia, impeachment, etc.

The moderates I know reject the cries for wolf because they are hypocritical, lacking evidence or against american values.

Remember the story of UT using a super computer to work on a compound? Heard anything. No.

Remember when they said there are 1,000 patients being treated in a test group with hydroxy-c? Heard anything? No.

Meanwhile; there seems to be a propaganda campaign about how dangerous this drug is. I have two friends that have taken it for years to treat auto immune diseases.

Remember the story of UT using a super computer to work on a compound? Heard anything. No.

Remember when they said there are 1,000 patients being treated in a test group with hydroxy-c? Heard anything? No.

Meanwhile; there seems to be a propaganda campaign about how dangerous this drug is. I have two friends that have taken it for years to treat auto immune diseases.
Yeah I saw a cnn headline..... it read trump says “what can it hurt” AMA says “it can kill lives”....... such over dramatic nonsense

Reactions: allvol123
Yeah I saw a cnn headline..... it read trump says “what can it hurt” AMA says “it can kill lives”....... such over dramatic nonsense
It seems the opposition to this treatment has more to do with Trump than any clinical evidence.

Based on this, people should be getting this EARLY in their case.

The drug is not a magic bullet to cure Covid-19. It helps some people with symptoms, and some people not so much. There is a reason scientists are still working on a vaccine and possibly a cure. The NIH just started doing clinical trials about 2 weeks ago. I have an acquaintance that volunteered for a clinical trial with the CDC.

VN Store

Back