Lady Vols Softball

Oh thunderstorm, shock. Instead of complaining about all these late games and the unfairness of it to women and teams maybe move the Wcws to somewhere it doesn’t storm everyday this time of year. Just a thought.

Never happen, they spent major cubic yards of $$$ on that facility..they will never leave.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
They have given up the ghost and play the play in games tomorrow. I guess the championship gets pushed back. Bonus it gives Alexander some rest. The Ncaa could mess up a one car funeral.

Florida State's win tonight makes for a very interesting tomorrow night's game. I hope Kathryn Sandercock and the Noles take it to the Tide.

FSU had no business winning. Honestly I figured they'd go 2 and Q because their offense is trash. I want Bama to advance for no other reason than I don't want to see a blowout by OU in the finals. Also I don't want to see Arnold enjoy the finals, either. Yes I'm petty but oh well.

Reactions: MS_LdyVols_fan
Last night was one of the best games I have seen Arnold pitch. She had control of all of her pitches and was able to keep Tide hitters off balance. Just giving credit where its due. Looks like FSU's coaching staff know how to manager her to get the best out of her.

If Arnold had stayed with TN would she be pitching in the CWS right now??

I wonder even with Fouts getting rest that not pitching Fouts and going for the kill will come back to haunt BAMA today.

Reactions: Kinger
I wonder even with Fouts getting rest that not pitching Fouts and going for the kill will come back to haunt BAMA today.

Ive thought about it, and I can't really fault Murphy's logic. Kilfoyl is a perfectly serviceable #2 pitcher, and with FSU being strung out from their long night/day, and Arnold pitching (who TBH doesn't intimidate anyone, no offense intended), and FSU being offensively challenged on its best day, he thought an Alabama win was almost a guarantee...with a rested Fouts ready to pitch 2 games in the finals.

But, the improbable happened. Kilfoyl didn't pitch badly at all.....but no one figured on Arnold throwing a shutout against Bama for that long- when FSU had to have it, she pitched the game of her life on the biggest stage.

Last edited:
Ive thought about it, and I can't really fault Murphy's logic. Kilfoyl is a perfectly serviceable #2 pitcher, and with FSU being strung out from their long night/day, and Arnold pitching (who TBH doesn't intimidate anyone, no offense intended), and FSU being offensively challenged on its best day, he thought an Alabama win was almost a guarantee...with a rested Fouts ready to pitch 2 games in the finals.

But, the improbable happened. Kilfoyl didn't pitch badly at all.....but no one figured on Arnold throwing a shutout against Bama to the 6th- when FSU had to have it, she pitched the game of her life on the biggest stage.
Pitiching it turns out was not the problem their hitting was. That's what makes sports entertaining you never really know how it will turn out. JMU has already been buried by most but the last shovel has not been throw on their grave yet plus they are in the underdog role again which suits them.

I saw on another message board that Callie is in the portal. Can anyone confirm?
Looked on twitter but her account is locked. If she is they better have already lined up a quality pitcher in the transfer portal. Bailey, Bender, and an unproved freshman will not get it done we would we worst off than this year. Bailey showed nothing to indicate she is an SEC pitcher. Bender is what she is ok nothing great. The Washington freshman watching video nothing stands out though she may do really well just have to see her pitch in real games. We could actually use two quality pitchers but will be blessed to get one.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe and lvfan
Looked on twitter but her account is locked. If she is they better have already lined up a quality pitcher in the transfer portal. Bailey, Bender, and an unproved freshman will not get it done we would we worst off than this year. Bailey showed nothing to indicate she is an SEC pitcher. Bender is what she is ok nothing great. The Washington freshman watching video nothing stands out though she may do really well just have to see her pitch in real games. We could actually use two quality pitchers but will be blessed to get one.

It came from a very reliable source that it is indeed true. I hope the Weekly’s can find a quality pitcher in the portal.

Reactions: kregman

VN Store

Back