Lady Vols Softball

Alexander was obviously hurting which is a shame. Oklahoma can hit still don’t think they are anywhere near best every.

The more I see her, the more it hurts and shows we don’t keep in-state kids home. Kalei Harding playing as a FR for FSU and Cheyenne Lindsey with Florida would be a nice combo of speed and power that we don’t have.
Not to mention Arnold eating innings

The more I see her, the more it hurts and shows we don’t keep in-state kids home. Kalei Harding playing as a FR for FSU and Cheyenne Lindsey with Florida would be a nice combo of speed and power that we don’t have.

Also Jenna Johnson for Alabama is an in state kid.

If Florida State pitches to Hemphill again, the FSU AD should call her in the dugout and fire her right then because CLEARLY she is incompetent, and possibly even a danger to society. :cool:

It’s true. Saw this earlier on her Instagram. What’s that bring us to?

Rogers, McCachren, Bender, and a good but not elite incoming freshman from Washington.

Curran and Milloy also pitched in HS so I suppose they could potentially be on the table.

This is assuming those all return, of course.

Looked on twitter but her account is locked. If she is they better have already lined up a quality pitcher in the transfer portal. Bailey, Bender, and an unproved freshman will not get it done we would we worst off than this year. Bailey showed nothing to indicate she is an SEC pitcher. Bender is what she is ok nothing great. The Washington freshman watching video nothing stands out though she may do really well just have to see her pitch in real games. We could actually use two quality pitchers but will be blessed to get one.

I'd expect at least one, if not two, pitchers from the transfer portal. My guess is one pitcher with one year to play and another with 2+. Turner leaving opened up enough money to get a second one.

Bender is fine, but the only time in her entire college career she was healthy was the 2020 season, and we only made it a third of the way through it. I don't think you can count on her being there as a #2. McCachren can't pitch in this conference.

I'll be interested to see where Turner goes and who will be willing to take her. It's a lot like the Sprang situation, if someone can unlock the potential that is there, then UT will look foolish for letting her go. But just like with Gabby, I have little confidence that anyone will be able to unlock it.

I feel like Turner is quite a bit better than Sprang. She’d be better off going to a decent mid-major that’s close to home for her, like UCF. But I almost wonder if she ends up at FSU like Arnold did.

I'd expect at least one, if not two, pitchers from the transfer portal. My guess is one pitcher with one year to play and another with 2+. Turner leaving opened up enough money to get a second one.

Bender is fine, but the only time in her entire college career she was healthy was the 2020 season, and we only made it a third of the way through it. I don't think you can count on her being there as a #2. McCachren can't pitch in this conference.

I'll be interested to see where Turner goes and who will be willing to take her. It's a lot like the Sprang situation, if someone can unlock the potential that is there, then UT will look foolish for letting her go. But just like with Gabby, I have little confidence that anyone will be able to unlock it.
It’ll be interesting to see what they do, I think they get one in the portal with 2+years plus add another 2022 or get a late addition 2021 this summer which won’t be ideal.

If Arnold starts throwing fat pitches the FSU coaches will jerk her quickly. They seem to read her well on the mound and know when she has lost focus. I hope she pitches as well as she did against Bama. I don't want to see OK win this. I was worried I was going to have to pull for Bama but didn't want to.

My daughter's high school teammate plays for FSU and is the starting RF as a freshman. She had a big double last night. She is one of the top 2-3 best athletes I've seen play over the years watching my kid play. She played short in HS and was a catcher in TB, but was moved to OF to get her bat in the line up. I remember seeing her for the first time in middle school county tournament. My daughter was in 7th grade and Ocho was a 6th grader at another school and hit a HR into the parking lot. Great kid. Very humble. So I've been a Nole fan for the past 3 weeks. What a run for her and we are excited for her.

Reactions: krichunaka

Just noticed this, after I had posted above. My daughter played with Cheyenne with the Frost Falcons 00 for many years. She is by far the best athlete I've ever seen first hand, and by far the fastest kid I've seen in 10 years of softball. Great kid too.

And I'll add, that neither one was interested in Tennessee because of the coaching staff.

A couple things:

1. Caylan Arnold didn't start playing softball until her teens if I remember correctly. Quite an accomplishment for her to be playing in college, much less in the WS final

2. For those who are upset about "home grown talent" not playing at UT - every person has to find their own path. Some kinds want to spread their wings and get out of the place they grew up. A sports scholarship is a great opportunity to decide if you want to see another part of the country. USA is very diverse. Living in California vs TN vs LA vs NY vs Minnesota...all uniquely different and some kids just want to get out and, for lack of a better term, see what else is out their.

3. I'm at the age where I'm seeing players on ESPN that my daughter played and trained with. It's very different than watching a game where you don't know anyone personally.

4. I'll be at the Champions showcase FRI/SAT (weather depending) in the ATL area. Will be with the 16U division and the scheduling is changing by the minute. If you have any girls you'd like boots on the ground to see let me know and I will try to see if I can fit it in. Like I said, schedule is changing constantly so not sure which park I'll be at as I have one playing this weekend. Will be interested to see college coach attendance. In the past the marque fields would have at least a few power 5 coaches and another 2-3 other coaches for the games.

VN Store

Back