Lady Vols Softball

correct me if I am wrong, but the LVs need a sweep of Mizzou in order to get the 4th seed and a tournament bye, which they need because they lack pitching depth and Rogers' finger needs time to heal ---- the irony is that that is not likely to happen because they lack pitching depth and Rogers' finger hasn't had time to heal :oops:

correct me if I am wrong, but the LVs need a sweep of Mizzou in order to get the 4th seed and a tournament bye, which they need because they lack pitching depth and Rogers' finger needs time to heal ---- the irony is that that is not likely to happen because they lack pitching depth and Rogers' finger hasn't had time to heal :oops:

This is not an ideal scenario for this team.

With only one strong pitcher and weak hitting, you don't survive very long in a tournament. They could win a regional if they stayed in the winners bracket and the hitting comes back but not a given for any of that. If Ashley is not 100% their chances are slim. It think a super is a reach right now. Was really hoping Turner would be that effective 2nd pitcher. Still a chance.

That girl is a mirror image of a girl named Monica!!!
Pickens is not Monica not sure anyone ever will be but when i saw the side view it certainly reminded me of her. She is listed at 6 3 and she is every bit of that. i think Monica is 6 5.
E0y4WIFXIAIXSYc

Sadly true but you don't know til you play the games. Will be there tonight cheering for the best.

With only one strong pitcher and weak hitting, you don't survive very long in a tournament. They could win a regional if they stayed in the winners bracket and the hitting comes back but not a given for any of that. If Ashley is not 100% their chances are slim. It think a super is a reach right now. Was really hoping Turner would be that effective 2nd pitcher. Still a chance.

Let's hope the hitting slump was caused by finals anxiety and scheduling stupidity. Really was ridiculous to have the team travel to Starktown in the middle of finals week for one day of play. It looked to me like the staff and team hadn't had time to prepare a game plan to attack their pitchers. Our hitters were swinging defensively the entire day. Their pitchers can't be as good as they looked Wednesday or they would have a much better record. We just didn't seem to have a scouting report on them or a plan of attack. Or something.

Reactions: Rickster
Let's hope the hitting slump was caused by finals anxiety and scheduling stupidity. Really was ridiculous to have the team travel to Starktown in the middle of finals week for one day of play. It looked to me like the staff and team hadn't had time to prepare a game plan to attack their pitchers. Our hitters were swinging defensively the entire day. Their pitchers can't be as good as they looked Wednesday or they would have a much better record. We just didn't seem to have a scouting report on them or a plan of attack. Or something.
I don't think you can blame finals and scheduling for the slump. We only scored 7 runs in three games last weekend against Auburn. That's 10 runs in the last 5 SEC games. Can't win like that.

I don't think you can blame finals and scheduling for the slump. We only scored 7 runs in three games last weekend against Auburn. That's 10 runs in the last 5 SEC games. Can't win like that.

Yep, agree. So, what would cause such a hitting slump? I noticed our hitters couldn't catch up with the fastball, constantly fouling it off into outs with weak pop-ups and lazy fly balls to opposite outfielder. And constantly fooled by slow pitches. It was as if they had no plan or approach to hitting each of those pitchers, as if they were just reacting to every pitch, not sitting on a pitch and looking for their pitch. They also seem unable to protect and extend the at-bat after getting 2 strikes on them. Lack of focus? Lack of coaching?

haven't seen any evidence of a finger blister on Rogers hand ---- excellent ---------- spoke too soon, just saw them working on it in the dugout in the background

VN Store

Back