Lady Vols - National Anthem

If you ignore the little things you will certainly fail at correcting the bigger issues.
No, you will stay busy trying to put out these little small fires while the really big fire rages in the background.

Discernment, wisdom and "righteous" outrage are lacking in most of these rightwing snowflakes.

I ignored my kids when they were throwing a childish temper tantrums at home and spanked their azzes if they did it in public.
Yeah I guess I’ve done that also. Depends on the day I suppose. However Im pretty sure they never got a pass if they disrespected their mother in my presence

Yeah I guess I’ve done that also. Depends on the day I suppose. However Im pretty sure they never got a pass if they disrespected their mother in my presence

No, mine didn't either.

Their parents >> a flag

You have misguided priorities if you believe parents = flag.

Not everyone, however, took this lightly. There was a fair amount of backlash from the crowd at Thompson-Boling Arena, who were not happy with their team kneeling.

“We were able to see who some of our real fans were today, and who weren't," Davis said. "So it was great to see who was really on our side and have our backs outside of basketball and as actual people.”

More recently, the Lady Vols have not even taken the court for the anthem, opting to remain inside the locker room during the song’s playing. The players implemented the policy following a road trip to Baton Rouge, where LSU remained in their locker room before the game.

“Well, we like what LSU did,” sophomore Jordan Horston said after the team began the new policy. “So we thought, ‘maybe we could try it out.’ And it worked out pretty good for us. We’re probably going to keep doing it.”

Lady Vols kneel during the national anthem, make a stand for equality

Just as the mouth-breathers that wrongly conflate patriotism with respect/love of government are just as wrong to think patriotism is demonstrated by standing during the national anthem.
whatever that crap means ... to each his own .. everybody has a choice ..like I said myself and others who used to support are gone ... and its because of a total disrespect for BLACKS and WHITES who fought for our rights ... to stand for a National Anthem to salute those is a small price for what they sacrificed .. and for the Coaching Staff to let it happen and no consequences cause winning is most important .. just as there are no consequences for poor fundamental play .. no one gets chewed out or gets sat down for poor play etc ... well Pat S would be irate at some she would have seen .. but the bottom line is .. and my choice is that is total disrespect to the ones who died and fought ... if they wanted to squat , kneel , lay down before or after .. hold signs chant ..go for it .. not during that time of national anthem

Keep in mind ladies and gentlemen, we are talking about a game... not even a game, a pregame ceremony.

Just thought I would try to bring some proper perspective on the situation.

Neither what goes on before a game or after a game has any affect on your life, liberty or property. Focus your righteous outrage on those things and leave these attention seeking useful idiots alone.

Reactions: n_huffhines
What does kneeling or standing have to do with veterans?

It doesn't have anything to do with it.

Again, I restate the idea that years down the road, a lot of these kids are going to look back and ask themselves why they did this. Frankly, most of the kids I know at that age (and I work with a lot of 18-22 year old college athletes) are young, idealistic and complete morons about what they are doing and how little effect they have on the whole thing. And see such behavior is not helping in the least.

Quite the opposite actually.

whatever that crap means ... to each his own .. everybody has a choice ..like I said myself and others who used to support are gone ... and its because of a total disrespect for BLACKS and WHITES who fought for our rights ... to stand for a National Anthem to salute those is a small price for what they sacrificed .. and for the Coaching Staff to let it happen and no consequences cause winning is most important .. just as there are no consequences for poor fundamental play .. no one gets chewed out or gets sat down for poor play etc ... well Pat S would be irate at some she would have seen .. but the bottom line is .. and my choice is that is total disrespect to the ones who died and fought ... if they wanted to squat , kneel , lay down before or after .. hold signs chant ..go for it .. not during that time of national anthem

I respect your right to not support, watch and to root for another team of your choosing. That is what the blacks, whites, browns, yellows etc fought for. Your right to make your own decisions.

Pat S would probably publicly support the teams decision since not doing so would hurt the demographic she would be recruiting.

I respect your right to not support, watch and to root for another team of your choosing. That is what the blacks, whites, browns, yellows etc fought for. Your right to make your own decisions.

Pat S would probably publicly support the teams decision since not doing so would hurt the demographic she would be recruiting.
Thanks ... yes i do .. on certain things ... but I will tell you ..your second statement is totally offbase ... and I dont think you believe it based on " would probably " .. I can tell you demographics or not .. the decision would be " right vs wrong" .. she stand on opinion that it was wrong to not stand ... we can agree to disagree but knowing what I know and have seen and witnessed .. never was a decision made by her thinking it was gonna hurt recruiting if she did this or that .. cause I saw her land blast Holdsclaw, Parker , Catchings etc etc etc ... and recruits sitting behind the bench watching .. no soft coating with her ...

It doesn't have anything to do with it.

Again, I restate the idea that years down the road, a lot of these kids are going to look back and ask themselves why they did this. Frankly, most of the kids I know at that age (and I work with a lot of 18-22 year old college athletes) are young, idealistic and complete morons about what they are doing and how little effect they have on the whole thing. And see such behavior is not helping in the least.

Quite the opposite actually.
I can't speak for you, but I would bet that most people wish they would have done things differently between 18-22. That isn't unusual. Which is why we don't need to give situations like this much attention. Its just youthful idealism and misdirected beliefs.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Thanks ... yes i do .. on certain things ... but I will tell you ..your second statement is totally offbase ... and I dont think you believe it based on " would probably " .. I can tell you demographics or not .. the decision would be " right vs wrong" .. she stand on opinion that it was wrong to not stand ... we can agree to disagree but knowing what I know and have seen and witnessed .. never was a decision made by her thinking it was gonna hurt recruiting if she did this or that .. cause I saw her land blast Holdsclaw, Parker , Catchings etc etc etc ... and recruits sitting behind the bench watching .. no soft coating with her ...

Pat wanted to win and she recruited players that gave her the best chance at winning so she would probably done what she needed to do. I say probably because I can't be 100% sure.

I agree with this sentiment. The difference is that I'm not out here virtue signaling about how big of a patriot I am or trying to condemn these young people from doing this.

It is amazing to me how grown adults can get their panties twisted in a knot over a flag and/or a mask.

Personally it is less about the flag and more about the fact that I am being given an obvious visual that our universities are churning out morons.

I can't speak for you, but I would bet that most people wish they would have done things differently between 18-22. That isn't unusual. Which is why we don't need to give situations like this much attention. Its just youthful idealism and misdirected beliefs.

On the same token, it should be given the attention it's due. The question of "why" and "what" should be asked.

"Why are you doing this?"

"What do you think will change by doing it?"

Simple questions to ask of anyone considering doing it or that has done it.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
On the same token, it should be given the attention it's due. The question of "why" and "what" should be asked.

This was all done when they first asked Kaepernick a few years ago. The right wingers breathed life into it and once the useful idiots realized they had something they could hang over their heads, they just ran with it. Trump didn't help the matter when he called them out.

This was all done when they first asked Kaepernick a few years ago. The right wingers breathed life into it and once the useful idiots realized they had something they could hang over their heads, they just ran with it. Trump didn't help the matter when he called them out.

I was referring more to the college athletes that want to do it now.

Don't get me started on the pro athletes...

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

Yes, this is the entire point of it. Athletes have wanted to be asked why they are doing it. Tho in such a large population opinions vary, the main underlying reason is that they want criminal justice reform.

The answer to this question doesn't matter at all.

Yes, this is the entire point of it. Athletes have wanted to be asked why they are doing it. Tho in such a large population opinions vary, the main underlying reason is that they want criminal justice reform.

The answer to this question doesn't matter at all.

If you think you're going to get a well thought out answer for the first question, you're going to be sadly disappointed.

The second question is the most important to the whole idea of why they are doing it in the first place. You can't ask the first question without following up on what they want. And that's where the opinions will vary greatly. This time I'd be shocked if I got a reasonable answer that wasn't something regurgitated from Myfaceplace or Tweetergram.

Because, again, I've worked with thousands of these kids over the years and rarely do you find many that think much further than chasing tail (boys and girls both) or playing ball.

Sorry to be on my high horse, but I know some things because I've seen some things as the commercial goes.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
If you think you're going to get a well thought out answer for the first question, you're going to be sadly disappointed.

So you dismiss them all without hearing them?

The second question is the most important to the whole idea of why they are doing it in the first place. You can't ask the first question without following up on what they want. And that's where the opinions will vary greatly. This time I'd be shocked if I got a reasonable answer that wasn't something regurgitated from Myfaceplace or Tweetergram.

Because, again, I've worked with thousands of these kids over the years and rarely do you find many that think much further than chasing tail (boys and girls both) or playing ball.

Sorry to be on my high horse, but I know some things because I've seen some things as the commercial goes.

What they want and what they "think they will change" are two completely different things.

Of course, their opinions will vary. There are good reasons for doing things and bad reasons for doing the same things. You're talking about millions of people who want CJS reform, which is a complicated area of government. Expecting protesters to have a uniform message is just silly.

VN Store

Back