Lady Vols - National Anthem

No, they fought for the principles upon which this nation was founded. You know, back when it was "One Nation, Under God". They didn't fight for anyone's right to "not follow" anything. "Freedom" wasn't the ability to do whatever you want, it was the ability (freedom) to pursue life, liberty, and happiness without interference or restrictions from the government. They fought for a Constitution that laid out in very clear terms those very principles. That's what we honor when we stand for the Anthem.

Not that it really matters, but how have you served your nation, if I may ask?
"One nation, under God" was added in the 50s. What war was fought after that time that was for my freedom and to defend the Constitution?

"One nation, under God" was added in the 50s. What war was fought after that time that was for my freedom and to defend the Constitution?

It was added to remind us (again) of those principles upon which the nation was founded. Have you taken the time to actually read the Constitution?

And I'm waiting on your response to my previous question.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
It was added to remind us (again) of those principles upon which the nation was founded. Have you taken the time to actually read the Constitution?

And I'm waiting on your response to my previous question.
It was added to make the Ruskies look like heathens and to promote a belief of superiority

Yes I've read it many times. Can you point out where God is referenced?

I haven't weighed in on this one, but it has less to do with "Muh flag!" and "Muh country!" then it is nothing more an attention whore move.

Many/most of those athletes at the college would never have such a chance to get a free education and do something they love (playing ball) if it wasn't for this utterly racist country.

Most of those that go on to the professional level wouldn't have the opportunities to make piles of cash if it wasn't for this utterly racist country.

Many/most that don't go onto the professional level now have a degree (though sometimes worthless) they can put to use. And furthermore, the exposure they got while playing for a major university can (and often does) translate into job opportunities.

It's a respect thing for the nation and the perspective of that they lack. We have problems, sure and nobody is going to ever argue against that. But kneeling during the national has not and will never do anything more than cause more division. And furthermore, it's nothing more than a pure attention whore move when Kap started it years ago. That single act has done nothing more than draw attention to himself and did nothing to solve any problems. Still hasn't except to divide the country even further with those silly antics.

Sit, stand, kneel, flop around on the ground like you've been electrocuted, doesn't matter. Eventually, they'll look back at what they did and think "wow, that was really stupid to do."

if it took you this long to know about this you can take your "imaginary support" elsewhere you are like 2 months late
so if nfl fans stop coming do not want to see a player take a knee to usa flag. its their right. nfl owners do not want average quartback on team because he costing them and the other players their right too. dont let main steam media shut you up. free speech is for right and left or what you are.
this is a very scholarly post and should be enshrined in the halls of literary history

Reactions: allvol123
Of course you are since that's a last gasp reach in a failing argument. Has nothing to do with the discussion

Has everything to do with the discussion. But that's almost exactly what I expected you to (finally) say.

When you get time, read "Grateful American", by Gary Sinise. It won't change your mind, but maybe it will help you understand the mindset of those who love this nation, and stand for the National Anthem.

Has everything to do with the discussion. But that's almost exactly what I expected you to (finally) say.

When you get time, read "Grateful American", by Gary Sinise. It won't change your mind, but maybe it will help you understand the mindset of those who love this nation, and stand for the National Anthem.
You seem to confuse what an individual would do vs what you believe others should be told to do. There is nothing done to hurt by simply kneeling yet the same who call others a snowflake are freaking out. Stand, sit, kneel, lay down, etc and it still doesn't affect my day. Frankly they should probably stop playing it since it has zero to do with sports

I've read the constitution and many writings from the founders. I know what they wanted and how things are set up. Feelings are never mentioned

There are certain things u do as an American .. if you dont have no more respect than that its sad ..
Can you list these "certain things" as they currently stand? Surely they have changed over the decades so I want to be as up to date as possible on the rules. I Ias under the impression they were already contained in our founding docs but must have missed something

You seem to confuse what an individual would do vs what you believe others should be told to do. There is nothing done to hurt by simply kneeling yet the same who call others a snowflake are freaking out. Stand, sit, kneel, lay down, etc and it still doesn't affect my day. Frankly they should probably stop playing it since it has zero to do with sports

I've read the constitution and many writings from the founders. I know what they wanted and how things are set up. Feelings are never mentioned

Part of it, pj...a large part of it...is simply a matter of respect. That's the one word that we hear all the time from those who demand respect for their skin color, their agenda, or their beliefs. And yet they choose to make a public display of disrespect for our National Anthem, while demanding respect for what they hold "sacred".

And thus, they will never get it from hard-headed, old-school, narrow-minded simpletons like me.

When you get time, read Gary's book. It's an easy read.

Can you list these "certain things" as they currently stand? Surely they have changed over the decades so I want to be as up to date as possible on the rules. I Ias under the impression they were already contained in our founding docs but must have missed something
Your just wanting to be a smart alec ... and ignore and try to make excuses for them .. go ahead .. but like I said myself as well as many others are done with the Ladys if they cant respect ALL the Black and Whites who have fought for OUR freedom !!

Your just wanting to be a smart alec ... and ignore and try to make excuses for them .. go ahead .. but like I said myself as well as many others are done with the Ladys if they cant respect ALL the Black and Whites who have fought for OUR freedom !!
I make excuses for no one. I allow them to make their own decisions and don't allow them to affect me. Why do you get to define their version of respect? They either have the same rights or they don't.

I don't know what these certain things we must all do are. Are these just unwritten rules?

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
I don't like it when people kneel or make other "protest" gestures during the anthem but they have the right to do it. If the coach or school decided that "nope we're not going to allow it" then they have the right to do that also. They won't because of it's impact on recruiting but I'd support any school that did.

I don't like it when people kneel or make other "protest" gestures during the anthem but they have the right to do it. If the coach or school decided that "nope we're not going to allow it" then they have the right to do that also. They won't because of it's impact on recruiting but I'd support any school that did.

It's called "running scared."

At this point, your local school coach would lock arms with the "math is racist" people. Their salaries are large and worth protecting. The idea they are mentoring and doing what is best for these kids, is a joke. This is how you see poor parenting now, go along with whatever makes the kid feel good.

Aside from sparking a very contentious debate here, and perhaps in other places as well, all the Lady Vols have accomplished by kneeling is get their 5 minutes of fame on ESPN; divide a fan base that is normally solidly aligned behind any and all Vol teams; and cause those on both sides of the argument to just dig their trenches a bit deeper.

Not one mind has been changed, and not one black life has been saved. Any of those Lady Vols down in Walter P. Taylor this past weekend trying to make their message heard?

In this case, and others like it, the act of "taking a knee" is an empty gesture that serves no purpose other than to say "Look at me." And thus the underlying message, and cause, is completely drowned out by the resulting and ongoing debate. If you really want to make a change, get off your knees, get off your ass, and go do something.

Or not. After all, it can be dangerous when you walk off the court, or field, and take a walk in those areas you claim to be so concerned about.....

Reactions: GSD82
Aside from sparking a very contentious debate here, and perhaps in other places as well, all the Lady Vols have accomplished by kneeling is get their 5 minutes of fame on ESPN; divide a fan base that is normally solidly aligned behind any and all Vol teams; and cause those on both sides of the argument to just dig their trenches a bit deeper.

Not one mind has been changed, and not one black life has been saved. Any of those Lady Vols down in Walter P. Taylor this past weekend trying to make their message heard?

In this case, and others like it, the act of "taking a knee" is an empty gesture that serves no purpose other than to say "Look at me." And thus the underlying message, and cause, is completely drowned out by the resulting and ongoing debate. If you really want to make a change, get off your knees, get off your ass, and go do something.

Or not. After all, it can be dangerous when you walk off the court, or field, and take a walk in those areas you claim to be so concerned about.....

Nailed it.

I make excuses for no one. I allow them to make their own decisions and don't allow them to affect me. Why do you get to define their version of respect? They either have the same rights or they don't.

I don't know what these certain things we must all do are. Are these just unwritten rules?
Where do you live California ???

VN Store

Back