lady vols basketball announces european tour knox news

Also think Puckett really stepped up. She will be a very valuable player for us next season. Has the shot making potential to be a great compliment player.

I think it’s going to “click” for Kaiya at some point. Her jumper is looking better all the time. In the couple clips of her she was looking smooth and much more under control. She has the athleticism to be an excellent player for us. Really hope to see her commit to being a defensive stopper when she’s in the game.
I think Sara had a problem getting into a playing rhythm the way they were playing her last season. Never really decided where she should play either and now it looks like is all been determined. Kaiya just needs to keep upping her basketball skills she looks a lot better in these two games and much stronger physically. She was a weak finisher last year looks to have taken that to another level already.

I think Sara had a problem getting into a playing rhythm the way they were playing her last season. Never really decided where she should play either and now it looks like is all been determined. Kaiya just needs to keep upping her basketball skills she looks a lot better in these two games and much stronger physically. She was a weak finisher last year looks to have taken that to another level already.
I think one of the Tony Vitello interviews hits the nail on the head, for both this seasons BaseVols and last years LV bb team. Accepted part of the blame for too many moving pieces. Once decisions were made and a course was set, the waters smoothed out a bit and the team came together.

Clips show one thing. If a team doesn't play physical D we will steam roll you this year. We have ladies when comfortable can shoot. We will have size and scoring at all positions should press some and trap some each game mix it up against teams we have the depth. In CHRIST Alone

So, after a couple glorified scrimmages (and some magnificent sideline reporting by Miss Kiley Harper) a few things stand out:

Jill looks so strong, fluid, and CONFIDENT on her feet/legs. As I recall, she was rehabbing when she arrived in Knoxville. Her continued improvement and good health could prove one of the “Keys” to a deep tournament run.

Rickea was handling from end to end, and at speed - no surprise that she looks WNBA ready. And her court vision! (Only my opinion, but) all things being relatively equal, there are two distinct levels of basketball players: those with great court vision; and all those other players. Ms Jackson is demonstrating excellent vision/awareness. Someone commented on her legs; I won’t. But, My Goodness, what a stunning athlete!

Aside from the European games, there’s the perennial debate about players’ minutes. I’ve never been a stickler, or even a proponent of playing a particular number of players a particular number of minutes. Every team will have their top two-three …they’re Go-To; and, as coaches love to say, “there’s a starting five for a reason.” But I don’t see anyone on our current roster that Coach Kellie couldn’t throw to the lions (no pun intended …but, hey, when in Rome). More seriously, while it’s apparent that we’ll go as Rickea goes, this should be Coach Kellie’s deepest - quantitative and qualitative - team to date. So, play them all, a lot,

November through early-April.

And, Kaiya Wynn looks vastly improved. Hitting shots can have that effect. We’ve already witnessed the strength, quickness, hops …the shooting touch being her lacking essential. She appears on course for a breakout season. That would make us dangerous. I really like her.

Would like to have seen the other two guards; but, you know, the grade cards haven’t come out yet.
Cheers!

Best pics of the whole trip! It's not just Kiley's face, but the girls around her too. Jill, Karo and Kea love that cake almost as much as Kiley does.

A million kudus to whoever planned this trip. The details have been beautifully done. I can only imagine the logistics of getting this many people and their belongings to this many places, esp during peak tourist season. Well done someone! I noticed they brought all the managers, I'll bet they're the logistical workhorses.

Last edited:
correct @glv98 !

@turbovol it's actually very beneficial for the team because they are allowed a few more practice/hours compared to what normal summer workouts would allow i believe so this should benefit the team. Also this should help with chemistry and the coaches will actually get to coach the new players in game situations and not just individual workouts. No need to JUSTIFY the trip lol... this is college and they are athletes 😂
Anybody know who pays for all of this? It has to be pretty expensive.
i think it is great, just curious who provides the Benjamins

Anybody know who pays for all of this? It has to be pretty expensive.
i think it is great, just curious who provides the Benjamins

School/Athletics Dept. I do believe. I have an athlete getting recruited by TN right now and one of the coaches told my athlete that last year alone TN had surplus of $128 mil. that had to be spent on athletics! He said told her about the upcoming plans on campus to build some new facilities and that she would fly to all their events using chartered flights. My athlete doesn't play basketball either so i imagine if the non revenue sports are getting that treatment it is nothing for the likes of the football and basketball teams.

VN Store

Back