lady vols basketball announces european tour knox news

I expect we'll get lots of twitter and instagram clips of all the touring as well as the two games. But not the whole thing,

I hope we get stats though.

Do we usually get stats for this type of game? I don't recall ever seeing any, but I could be wrong.

I'd be satisfied just to know who Kellie chose as starters, but it would be way cool to get stats. NOT that stats from this type of game matter a hill of beans, but it's going to be a long summer if we don't have any red meat to gnaw on.

Do we usually get stats for this type of game? I don't recall ever seeing any, but I could be wrong.

I'd be satisfied just to know who Kellie chose as starters, but it would be way cool to get stats. NOT that stats from this type of game matter a hill of beans, but it's going to be a long summer if we don't have any red meat to gnaw on.
We won’t I highly doubt it. These games are usually very tight lipped

We won’t I highly doubt it. These games are usually very tight lipped

They’re not tightlipped, they’re just not staffed the way regular games are. You’ve got to realize, regular season games are stated by a crew of five people. Plus there’s an official scorer, and a person that keeps a shot chart. Tennessee isn’t taking its 7-person table crew on a foreign tour. I’m sure we will get scores and basic stats, but they’re not intentionally holding anything back, it’s just not a normal situation.

Safely in Venice. The parent in me breathes a huge sigh of relief. Hope they slept on the plane, they have a packed tourist schedule. About 2:30 in the afternoon there.

I’m sure we will get scores and basic stats,
Yes, that's all I was expecting. Lineups, mins played, scoring and rebounding.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Safely in Venice. The parent in me breathes a huge sigh of relief. Hope they slept on the plane, they have a packed tourist schedule. About 2:30 in the afternoon there.

Yes, that's all I was expecting. Lineups, mins played, scoring and rebounding.

There last trip to Europe included team pictures with both teams together following the matchup and a basic breakdown of the stats. We didn't get all of the statistical details, but enough to drawn some pretty good conclusions of what happened in each game.

Wells, TK, and spears don't look to have played.
Yeah looks like they never came out of the warmups. Too bad, I really wanted to see how they mixed in.

My takeaway is the two deep 3s I see Rickea hit, one from each side. One in warmups, one in game. If she brings this, look the f out!

some highlights

Well first foremost and obviously, sure glad that #2 is on our team. Holy smokes, as hinted by those who watched practice last weekend, Rickea is on a whole nother level. Even got my beloved one foot fallaway amongst so much more.

How bout Edie! She was balling! Also saw Wynn hit a couple of shots I've seen her make before.

Good workout against competition, but we probably can't take too much away from it.

Well first foremost and obviously, sure glad that #2 is on our team. Holy smokes, as hinted by those who watched practice last weekend, Rickea is on a whole nother level. Even got my beloved one foot fallaway amongst so much more.

How bout Edie! She was balling! Also saw Wynn hit a couple of shots I've seen her make before.

Good workout against competition, but we probably can't take too much away from it.

Agreed. Happy to see Sara moving well and knocking down shots. I know a lot of people will make a lot of the starters but this scrimmage will no where resemble what our team looks like if healthy intermediate of starters

Agreed. Happy to see Sara moving well and knocking down shots. I know a lot of people will make a lot of the starters but this scrimmage will no where resemble what our team looks like if healthy intermediate of starters
Interesting that Spear and Wells didn't play. I'd say it was being new and unfamilar but Strickland played. I thought part of the purpose was to get them in with the returnees. Maybe they'll play in Rome.

Also, props to whoever posted this a little bit ago bc it's the middle of the night over there!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Interesting that Spear and Wells didn't play. I'd say it was being new and unfamilar but Strickland played. I thought part of the purpose was to get them in with the returnees. Maybe they'll play in Rome.

Also, props to whoever posted this a little bit ago bc it's the middle of the night over there!

In the story on UT‘s website, it says that Key was held out as she gets acclimated, Spears and Wells are not eligible to compete yet. So they could travel on the trip, but cannot play.

In the story on UT‘s website, it says that Key was held out as she gets acclimated, Spears and Wells are not eligible to compete yet. So they could travel on the trip, but cannot play.

Transfer senior guards Jewel Spear and Destinee Wells are on the trip but did not see action. It was hoped that the standard reviews of the course credits earned at their previous schools could be completed in time for this trip, but to no one's fault that was not the case. While the early timing of this summer tour hindered Spear and Wells from hitting the court in Italy, it is expected that the routine process will be completed well in advance of the 2023-24 campaign.

VN Store

Back