‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Oklahoma is poised for 8-4 every season. Period.

Texas is and has always been a sleeping giant.

Tamu is little brother.

Tennessee has always been the biggest sleeping giant in all of college football.

If we had good leadership after Fulmer got fired, we’d still be winning 9-10 games every year.

Unfortunately, stupidity in the administration office and multiple bad hires set us back. Thank goodness we have some competent people running things now.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
I don't necessarily disagree, but it's hard not to be overrated when people are expecting Vince Young 2.0 at Texas.
They gonna be highly disappointed. Vince is one of the greatest to ever do it, at the college level, generational; they don't just grow on trees, no matter the stars coming out of HS.

But, yeah, that's exactly what Texas is expecting. No pressure, kid.

Reactions: bigl3327
They gonna be highly disappointed. Vince is one of the greatest to ever do it, at the college level, generational; they don't just grow on trees, no matter the stars coming out of HS.

And that’s what I’d worry about most if I were a Texas fan.

This kid is expected to win multiple championships and go down as the greatest player to ever wear the uniform before he even plays his first game.

If he lays an egg then what…

I don't necessarily disagree, but it's hard not to be overrated when people are expecting Vince Young 2.0 at Texas.

And that’s what I’d worry about most if I were a Texas fan.

This kid is expected to win multiple championships and go down as the greatest player to ever wear the uniform before he even plays his first game.

If he lays an egg then what…

Mac Engel: Texas either added Chris Simms 2.0, or found its true savior in the latest Manning

When Mack Brown signed Chris Simms in 1999, he was the highest-rated QB recruit to walk the earth. With Simms, Texas was going to win a national title.

In three seasons as the starting quarterback in Austin, Simms was good. He wasn’t great. Texas never won a national title or played for one.

In his junior and senior years, UT finished a combined 22-4 with wins in the Holiday Bowl and Cotton Bowl.

In 2003, Vince Young came to town.

I was actually talking about Ewers, a Texas kid, born and raised. Way more pressure on him, imo.
He played the system, grabbing the 1 million plus bag from Ohio State to go there without having to play a game. Finessed them for a bag, showed up to Austin, and it's big boy football now.

So Young gets to be considered one of the best to ever do it because of 1 year?

Reactions: igotworms
I do think there is a hall of fame place for one year supernova players, even if their career body of work may not stack up. Think VY, Cam Newton, Joe Burrow. Guys who for one year were the best player on the field every game. And Vince Young was pretty good in 2004 as well.

This is a huge shot to Lane Kiffen. They hoped the Manning connection to Ole Miss would carry the day. Peyton was the only Manning not to play there. Imagine how devastated we would be if another 5 star Delong came along and picked Georgia.

But the Mannings wouldn't be impressed with Lane's mouth.

Just love the way ESPN is gushing over Arch and Texas. You'd think Texas is going to win 4 straight natty's and Arch will be college footballs first 4 time heisman winner. Nico who??

VN Store

Back