‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

It's funny because the internet and YouTube absolutely exploded over his commitment like he's unquestionably the best player this decade. Many don't even think he's the best at his position in this class. It is what it is I guess.

Reactions: LittleVol
They gonna be highly disappointed. Vince is one of the greatest to ever do it, at the college level, generational; they don't just grow on trees, no matter the stars coming out of HS.

But, yeah, that's exactly what Texas is expecting. No pressure, kid.
Zero way in hell the kid will be better than Young in college. Maybe a better pro in the end. Nico is much closer to Vince Young than Arch is.

Archibald Manning has always seemed way over-hyped to me.
I'm very pleased we landed Nico instead.
I will revisit this comment when Arch lights it up at Texas and is better than Eli and Peyton. The Mannings are 3 for 3 as superstar QB’s it would be very unwise to bet against Arch and say he will be a overhyped flop. If he had committed to Tennessee you would probaly be saying that he will be better than Peyton lol

Reactions: miket4god
Yes. He literally had 1 great year. I realize Burrow did as well but Burrow absolutely slaughtered the record books.
Dude, Vince Young had over 9000 yds and 81 TDs in his 3 years at Texas. By comparison, Manning, in 4 years, had over 10,000 yds and 101 TDs at Tennessee. Is Manning one of the greatest to ever do it?

You just need to stop right now, before you make yourself look any more foolish.

Not to mention, the Rose Bowl should be renamed after him, with the back to back unbelievable games he had there. Over 800 yds and 8 TDs in his two Rose Bowl appearances; not to mention, single handedly winning a national championship. Two of the greatest games I have ever seen a football player play, on the biggest of stages...to this day, no one has even come close to topping those two games, and his greatness in them.

Last edited:
Knowing the Mannings, and how this NIL thing is playing out anyway, I really wouldn't be surprised if Arch signs the largest NIL deal to date. Not that he needs it, or his family needs it, but Gatorade or Nike or other enormous brand will offer him 10 mil a year or something like that for his rights through his entire college career. Then they'll already have that relationship when he (presumably) goes pro and has a long successful career like his uncles.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
It's funny because the internet and YouTube absolutely exploded over his commitment like he's unquestionably the best player this decade. Many don't even think he's the best at his position in this class. It is what it is I guess.
Time will tell but I sure wouldn’t bet against a Manning QB

Dude, Vince Young had over 9000 yds and 81 TDs in his 3 years at Texas. By comparison, Manning, in 4 years, had over 10,000 yds and 101 TDs at Tennessee. Is Manning one of the greatest to ever do it?

You just need to stop right now, before you make yourself look any more foolish.

Not to mention, the Rose Bowl should be renamed after him, with the back to back unbelievable games he had their. Over 800 yds and 8 TDs in his two Rose Bowl appearances; not to mention, single handedly winning a national championship. Two of the greatest games I have ever seen a football player play, on the biggest of stages...to this day, no one has even come close to topping those two games, and his greatness in them.
You're arguing with a brick wall. Literally a dude who just argues to argue. He'll never admit he's wrong.

I will revisit this comment when Arch lights it up at Texas and is better than Eli and Peyton. The Mannings are 3 for 3 as superstar QBs. it would be very unwise to bet against Arch and say he will be an overhyped flop. If he had committed to Tennessee, you would probably be saying that he will be better than Peyton. lol
Nope. I don't believe he has that kind of potential. lsmft

Reactions: feathersax

Not to mention, the Rose Bowl should be renamed after him, with the back to back unbelievable games he had their. Over 800 yds and 8 TDs in his two Rose Bowl appearances; not to mention, single handedly winning a national championship. Two of the greatest games I have ever seen a football player play, on the biggest of stages...to this day, no one has even come close to topping those two games, and his greatness in them.
Also played his way into being the 3rd overall pick in the draft and first QB if I remember right.

Time will tell but I sure wouldn’t bet against a Manning QB
I'm not saying Arch is going to be a bust by any means. The odds would suggest that he is more likely to succeed than fail. I'm suggesting that everyone turn on the tape. Take a look at the top 5 rated QB's in this class and honestly tell me that he is by far the best of the bunch. Especially if you're considering the ceiling for each prospect. Arch is bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than Peyton or Eli as a high school QB. I think that and the fact that he's a Manning is what the hype is about, and the talents of the other QB's in this class have been made irrelevant.

I'm not saying Arch is going to be a bust by any means. The odds would suggest that he is more likely to succeed than fail. I'm suggesting that everyone turn on the tape. Take a look at the top 5 rated QB's in this class and honestly tell me that he is by far the best of the bunch. Especially if you're considering the ceiling for each prospect. Arch is bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than Peyton or Eli as a high school QB. I think that and the fact that he's a Manning is what the hype is about, and the talents of the other QB's in this class have been made irrelevant.

It’s hard to tell because Isadore Newman plays at a lower level of competition. It’s a private school with an enrollment of just over 1000 covering K-12. It’s not a football factory and he’s often running from pressure as soon as the ball is snapped. As a layperson, his highlights don’t wow me, but enough scouts who do this for a living really like his quick release, accuracy, arm strength, and mental processing ability. The fact that the two best programs in the sport were after him until the end should tell you something about what football minds think of him.

It’s hard to tell because Isadore Newman plays at a lower level of competition. It’s a private school with an enrollment of just over 1000 covering K-12. It’s not a football factory and he’s often running from pressure as soon as the ball is snapped. As a layperson, his highlights don’t wow me, but enough scouts who do this for a living really like his quick release, accuracy, arm strength, and mental processing ability. The fact that the two best programs in the sport were after him until the end should tell you something about what football minds think of him.
I never said that Arch isn't a special talent, but Nick Saban agrees that he's not the best QB in this class. That might not mean much to some though.

Just love the way ESPN is gushing over Arch and Texas. You'd think Texas is going to win 4 straight natty's and Arch will be college footballs first 4 time heisman winner. Nico who??

Probably a majority of you are too young to remember him but there was a college football "commentator" named Beano Cook. A northeastern guy (but he graduated from Pitt) who could be counted on fo outlandish statements. Like a lot of people of his generation in that part of the country he loved Notre Dame. ND signed a huge QB recruit, may have been Meier, and Cook actually predicted they would win the next 4 NCs. He was always good for a laugh.

We may have to stop laughing at Texas though. There is absolutely no way we will be able to compete with the Texas schools in a cash race. Anyone who says we can is out of their mind. The pure numbers of crazy billionaires in Texas will make them the dominant powers in football once the NIL stuff gets going. There are 56 billionaires in Texas, 8 in Tennessee (and Fred Smith ain't a UT fan not to mention the Frists love Vanderbilt but fortunately they don't care about sports). The numbers of millionaires would be equally disproportionate. Top guy in Texas has $46 billion. No one in Tennessee remotely in that range.

The good news, there are zero billionaires in Alabama. That surprises me because I would have expected the old shipping money in Mobile would have produced at least one. Guess they got too inbred.

Probably a majority of you are too young to remember him but there was a college football "commentator" named Beano Cook. A northeastern guy (but he graduated from Pitt) who could be counted on fo outlandish statements. Like a lot of people of his generation in that part of the country he loved Notre Dame. ND signed a huge QB recruit, may have been Meier, and Cook actually predicted they would win the next 4 NCs. He was always good for a laugh.

We may have to stop laughing at Texas though. There is absolutely no way we will be able to compete with the Texas schools in a cash race. Anyone who says we can is out of their mind. The pure numbers of crazy billionaires in Texas will make them the dominant powers in football once the NIL stuff gets going. There are 56 billionaires in Texas, 8 in Tennessee (and Fred Smith ain't a UT fan not to mention the Frists love Vanderbilt but fortunately they don't care about sports). The numbers of millionaires would be equally disproportionate. Top guy in Texas has $46 billion. No one in Tennessee remotely in that range.

The good news, there are zero billionaires in Alabama. That surprises me because I would have expected the old shipping money in Mobile would have produced at least one. Guess they got too inbred.
B19BDA1E-AD7A-4099-B4A2-EC106E03D8FC.png

VN Store

Back