'20 LA ATH Joel Williams (Kentucky commit)

What's the point of a "top 12/13"??? They dont visit all of those schools (unofficially or officially). Serious question.

What's the point of a "top 12/13"??? They dont visit all of those schools (unofficially or officially). Serious question.
He got 13 offers from schools that were serious D1 football colleges... and he wants them listed in a graphic... basically...

i feel like there's a TWSS in there somewhere...........
giphy.gif

Reactions: jakez4ut
Please commit. We haven’t boomed since Bailey committed and dang it, I was at the Home Depot and couldn’t even enjoy it!

i feel like there's a TWSS in there somewhere...........

Kid: "Daddy... What's that man doing over there?"

Dad: "He's playing with his nuts and bolt. Come on, quickly! We need to go to Lawn and Garden RIGHT NOW!"

The 6-foot-2, 193-pound Williams told GoVols247 that he arrived at Tennessee on Tuesday and he's "leaving Thursday," spending a couple more days with the Vols after his visit with them in early March.

It's at least his third trip to Knoxville in a little more than a year.

A little more than a week ago, Williams included Tennessee on a list of his top 13 college choices, along with Kentucky, Georgia, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Oregon, Texas A&M, Clemson, Texas, Auburn, LSU, Florida and Penn State. Along with a graphic featuring the logos of the 13 teams, Williams tweeted that his “recruitment is still open.”

He has received scholarship offers from more than 40 schools, including all 13 of his favorites, along with Florida State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Baylor, Texas Tech and Arizona.

Last month, after his latest trip to Knoxville, he told GoVols247 that the Vols are "high" in his mind and“one of the ones at the top of the list.”

“They show the most love, and it's a school I really consider,” said Williams, who’s ranked the No. 205 overall prospect and No. 12 athlete in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class.

“I really love Tennessee.”

Tennessee also hosted one of its top targets at corner Wednesday and Thursday, as 4-star Joel Williams has been on campus a couple times now this spring. Williams is a Baton Rouge native but the Vols are seriously in the mix here with LSU and Texas A&M. Williams is capable of playing on either side of the ball but his ceiling in college is likely at corner.

VQ

The 6-foot-2, 194-pound Williams admitted he’s getting closer to deciding on a college, adding that a decision could come as early as “May or June,” and Tennessee remains one of the top schools he’s considering after his latest trip to Knoxville. “I was just really trying to show my mama the campus because she’d never been, and it’s a school I’m really considering,” said Williams. “I really (saw) the whole Knoxville. I went around and they showed me a lot of things, and I went and ate a lot — all kinds of places. It was just a lot. They really showed a lot of love, and I was really the only recruit there. “They were showing a lot of love.”

Williams, who has received scholarship offers from nearly 50 schools, said “it was a must” for his mother to visit Tennessee, and “she really loved it. She didn’t know Tennessee was like that,” he said. “I don’t know. It really just changed her mind. “She don’t care about (a school being) too far from home. She just didn’t know, like, about Tennessee that much. But now she loves it, for real. She really loves it now. (It was) everything — the environment, the academics, the coaches and all that. “I think she wants me to go to Tennessee, with how she’s talking.”

“Coach David Johnson, he came back just for me,” Williams said. “He said he was in Kentucky, and he came back just for me, and then he left Wednesday night.” Williams said he also met with second-year Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt and talked with him “a lot,” and at least a couple of the Vols’ assistant coaches — Derrick Ansley, their defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach, and wide receivers coach Tee Martin — “kept FaceTime-ing me” while he was there. “They really want me to be a Vol,” Williams said. "Coach Ansley, he really texts me all the time and says, ‘I need you in my secondary.’ They said I would play as a freshman and all that.”

He said “Tennessee is recruiting me the hardest,” and he hears from the Vols “every day.” That’s one of the reasons they’re among his favorites. “Tennessee shows me the most love. I like their defense. I like their defensive coordinator and DB coach,” Williams said, referring to Ansley. “I like Coach Johnson. I like the whole coaching staff. “I know I could play when I get down there, for sure, and just everything. And I know Coach Pruitt and Coach Ansley, they really can put players in the league.”

VN Store

Back