'20 LA ATH Joel Williams (Kentucky commit)

Isn't this the kid that wore UT gear to a LSU camp a few months ago.?

Vols recruitment timeline added to post #4 in this thread.

I guess I haven't paid this recruitment too too much attention considering he's a Baton Rogue kid, and we all know how that usually goes.... but after looking at it, he could literally be the next kid to jump in the wagon.

Unrelated, it looks like he does all his communicating/recruiting updates with 247. Thats where all the info comes from. Doesn't seem like Rivals has an in with the kid, other than a brief Rivals camp interview. Mildly interesting to me because you sometimes here it said/speculated that these services adjust their rankings on kids based on whether or not the kids give them updates. Or at least I've heard that said about Rivals - most notably from Bryn Tuckers dad. Well, Rivals actually has this kid rated higher than 247. Further lending credence to my belief that 247 is the most legit/reliable player ranking service out there.

tenor.gif

Saw an article from Billy Embody (whoever that is, but it was a VIP article) on 247sports where he predicted LSUs recruiting class.

He doesn’t include Williams in the DBs, or in the class at all. Seems like he’s leaving the state and he’s visited us more than anyone (of course, LSU fans will say he wasn’t a take if he commits here)

Reactions: EdEcEko77
Saw an article from Billy Embody (whoever that is, but it was a VIP article) on 247sports where he predicted LSUs recruiting class.

He doesn’t include Williams in the DBs, or in the class at all. Seems like he’s leaving the state and he’s visited us more than anyone (of course, LSU fans will say he wasn’t a take if he commits here)

Maybe they are out of cap space?

We have 2 of the top DB minds in all of football on our staff. I do not care what recruiting services or other teams fan say. If our coaches feel confident taking a commit at DB in the summer I am going to believe that the recruit has the tools to be great.

VN Store

Back