Kongbo hanging up his cleats?

And if Gruden were to be hired, what happens if he makes a mistake or loses a game for us? I know the answer: "FIRE GRUDEN!" "He's not worthy of being a coach here!" "Hire someone better!" I could totally see that happening on here which is very embarrassing.

Lol broken record

Reactions: 1 person
If anyone else believes he's ever going to be the HC at Tennessee, you need some serious help. Gruden has no reason to coach again and why in the hell would he leave his job making millions by doing less to take over a college football program?

Don't say that. I got scolded earlier by a poster who swore he was a legitimate contender.

And if Gruden were to be hired, what happens if he makes a mistake or loses a game for us? I know the answer: "FIRE GRUDEN!" "He's not worthy of being a coach here!" "Hire someone better!" I could totally see that happening on here which is very embarrassing.

Here is my take on Gruden and something I cannot understand. Gruden was a good HC in the NFL. Not great but good. His one SB win was against his former team in which he knew every signal and offensive formation. He inherited a great defense from Dungy.

But what has Gruden done at the college level that makes anyone believe he would come here and be great? Seriously? Not every good NFL coach that goes to to coach college is successful and vice versa.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm feeling confident about our next coach.

Kiffin told them to look elsewhere
Dooley couldn't get them here
Butch can't keep them here

The next guy will be able to get them AND keep them!

Reactions: 2 people
http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Prized-signee-muddies-future-with-Vols-48634879

Last edited:
Just days after members of the Tennessee coaching staff went out of their way to praise and promote the future of heralded signee Jonathan Kongbo, the former 247Sports top overall junior college prospect has made unclear his future with the Vols.

On Sunday afternoon, less than 24 hours after the Vols laid an egg in an everything-to-gain contest at South Carolina, the 6-foot-6, 270-pound native of the Congo who grew up in Canada seemed to indicate he had given up the game or was contemplating exiting the Vols' program.-247

Reached by 247Sports, a high-ranking member of the Tennessee coaching staff said, "Not that I am aware of" when directly asked if Kongbo had left the Volunteers' program, which already is wracked with injuries and burgeoning disharmony. Kongbo also deleted all Tennessee-related items from his Twitter account.

(What's next for the Vols? Make sure you're in the loop — take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Vols newsletter now!)
Additional sources told 247Sports that there had been no locker room confrontation with Kongbo or anything unusual Sunday afternoon.

Again, I'm happy for you that 8 or 9 wins a year is enough for you. But most of us would like to see Tennessee competing in SEC championships.

No you won't. You'd still be unhappy with Butch even if he won the SEC Championship. Stop with that crap.

Reactions: 5 people

It it embarrassing how easily some turn on coaches and players.

VN Store

Back