Kongbo hanging up his cleats?

So now there is a tweet (or should it be twit) 'team meeting, several players quit'. Anyone consider they may be speaking of players thinking other players quit trying during last night's game, and they are going to air their concerns, clear the air and perhaps come together for the remaining games? Or do we always have to jump to the absolute worst conclusion? Chicken Little may be right and the sky may indeed be falling. Or he could just be Chicken Little.

But chicken little was right the whole time, dang that was a good movie. 😬

I have no idea what Kongbo is doing but when going to battle (real serious battle where people are dying...for real) the LAST PERSON YOU WANT WITH YOU AND SOMEONE WHO'S NOT REALLY WITH YOU...Honestly I want to win as much as anybody but if this kid needs/wants/must go then that's what he needs to do...We were looking for players when we found him....Now that's free stuff there fellows and feel free to use it tomorrow at, God forbid, office, classroom, meeting room, court room, examining room etc... wherever....and Shuck that ridiculous tie...it makes you look like someone's torturing you....

Paul Fortenberry just tweeted when asked if Kongbo quit team : "Not according to multiple people we've talked to"

Last edited:
Jones' recruiting is suspect in my opinion. Too many transfers than normal I think. Next year will be a step down from today's team so it looks more like 5-7/6-6 again. Just where Dooley was when Jones arrived. No real gain. Just words really.

Sad thing is some adults have tweeted this young man some very harsh things.

Well I never! *clutches pearls and falls back in my chair.

Welcome to the internets. It is 2016 not 1995, can we stop being surprised/shocked/saddened when people are giant douches behind the veil of anonymity.

Im not surprised with Kongbo allegedly "quitting". The guy has been a drama queen from the get go. For someone to "quit" half way through the season, he doesn't deserve to be a vol.

#fightvolsfight

I just confirmed through a source I have in Knoxville. I have many in my line of work

Kongbo is not leaving the team

His favorite hamster, Liberace,died in a tragic accident

Reactions: 3 people

Welcome to the internets. It is 2016 not 1995, can we stop being surprised/shocked/saddened when people are giant douches behind the veil of anonymity.

Still doesn't make it right my friend.... or you must be the one doing some of this. Hmmmm...

Dam you Al Gore.

Im not surprised with Kongbo allegedly "quitting". The guy has been a drama queen from the get go. For someone to "quit" half way through the season, he doesn't deserve to be a vol.

#fightvolsfight

Nice attempt at a troll Kongbo has been VFL since he got here

Haven't followed the entire thread, but maybe Kongbo's tweet was about someone else around the team, and not himself. Maybe a coach. Just a thought. Would explain why nobody can confirm anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

VN Store

Back