Kongbo Exit Interview

This is shocking! Who could have imagined there would be a difference between CJP and Botch? It is a true revelation.

Tennessee football meetings under Jones and staff........

giphy.gif

You can tell, his message, from the weight room and how it’s set up, meetings, you’re meeting every day. You’re getting football in every day. It wasn’t like that before.

Pretty sure that would be a major violation if he was not exaggerating

The incompetence is criminal. Between the hordes of unneccessary injuries and the lack of development of elite talent, the lost potential income of a host of these kids is ginormous.

This x 10!

If a rival program set out to intentionally destroy UT Football, they would be hard pressed to come up with a more effectacious plan than we (Jones, Curry, et al) put into motion against ourselves. Tragic beyond words.

I dont think it is a violation as long as you provide credible statements that it is either player initiated or conducted under the control of the S & C coach.

But I could (and often am) mistaken.

Butch was always more focused on the next class and not so much his current team. Pruitt invest in both

Actually if you read the whole thing he was very clear that the issues he saw were from administrative staff not coaching staff. Also he mentioned how a lot of the meetings stuff changed partially because of rule changes. Notice he mentioned that Butch was a players coach and everyone, including him, loved him.

From reading what Kongbo said it seems like the biggest singular change was Fulmer and Pruitt was a byproduct of that choice. This is kind of borne out by the past decade of ineptitude by the AD. Outside of Barnes every choice made by the AD since Fulmer was fired has been a train-wreck. It can be argued that no matter what coaches were hired for football during that era they were bound to fail. I look back on all our coaches during that period and though I would not consider any of them a great coach I think either of them could have been good coaches under this current administration. Lets be honest each of them, outside of Kiffin, left the program in a little better shape than the guy before them. Dooley was fairly regularly playing walkons. Butch a bit less and now with Pruitt I don';t see us playing any walkons even though he is bringing in an entirely different breed of them.

I'm guessing we are bending the rules like every other SEC school does with Fulmer and Pruitt in charge. Being bean counter fundraisers, Hart and Currie probably wanted Butch (not to say this is the only reason he failed) to play by the book.

Reactions: 08Vol
Actually if you read the whole thing he was very clear that the issues he saw were from administrative staff not coaching staff. Also he mentioned how a lot of the meetings stuff changed partially because of rule changes. Notice he mentioned that Butch was a players coach and everyone, including him, loved him.

From reading what Kongbo said it seems like the biggest singular change was Fulmer and Pruitt was a byproduct of that choice. This is kind of borne out by the past decade of ineptitude by the AD. Outside of Barnes every choice made by the AD since Fulmer was fired has been a train-wreck. It can be argued that no matter what coaches were hired for football during that era they were bound to fail. I look back on all our coaches during that period and though I would not consider any of them a great coach I think either of them could have been good coaches under this current administration. Lets be honest each of them, outside of Kiffin, left the program in a little better shape than the guy before them. Dooley was fairly regularly playing walkons. Butch a bit less and now with Pruitt I don';t see us playing any walkons even though he is bringing in an entirely different breed of them.

Guess you missed the part where he stated he wished a coach would of come up to him as a man and told him about his position change instead of finding out via social media.

He stated that everyone liked Butch as to not put him in a bad light. He was saying that Butch was liked as a person. He then follows it up by how could you come out and play for a guy like him? (Meaning they didn’t trust him as an actual football coach and person who could develop them)

Good try though. It was Kongbo’s way of not completely throwing Butch under the bus.

It was very important to meet twice a week. It is a difficult decision on who will hurt themselves falling on their helmet. Champions of life hesitate to do that.

Yeah, Butch Jones was NOT loved by everyone. Heard too many rumors and seen too much on twitter from former players like Kamara and JRM mocking him. Recall also all the vitriolic tweets from Mykelle McDaniel about Jones as well. Maybe Kongbo liked Jones, but I even find that hard to believe since he complained about finding out they were changing his position from DE to DT, and that was 100% Butch Jones.

"Man, we’d have football twice a week during the offseason. We’d have football meetings twice a week...
...Last year, we had football in the mornings and in the afternoons. We were getting it in twice a day, specifically just football stuff."

Difference between mid-major mentality and SEC championship mentality.

VN Store

Back