Knoxville restaurant recommendations: high end

Didn’t know Altruda’s was still around. Loved it when I lived there.
Yes still off of N. Peters rd. I haven't been there since I moved from the west side of town. The downtown Chesapeake"s has been doing better as well, I know anfew couples who have been in the last month and they were impressed.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Brazerios in west Knoxville. I’ve heard it was really good. PF Chang’s next door is good. Surin of Thailand is good. Wasabi’s in west Knox is good. All on Kingston pike.

The Asian Cafe is really good. They have Sush, an Asian part in the middle with Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese, and a Hibachi side. They also have karaoke.

Brazeiros sucks. Overrated. Their service was great, but the food was overpriced and under seasoned. Most can cook better on their grill at home.

Most of the others are “meh, average”. Chesapeakes is decent.

Brazeiros sucks. Overrated. Their service was great, but the food was overpriced and under seasoned. Most can cook better on their grill at home.

Most of the others are “meh, average”. Chesapeakes is decent.
You get a lot of food at Brazeiros, but it really isn't that good. There are much better Brazilian steakhouse restaurants.

What are you referring to with "most of the others?"

So, my wife and I went to Chesapeakes on Friday. The oysters were delicious (pink ladies and another variety that I do not recall). However, we waited an eternity for entrees, and when they arrived, they had definitely been sitting under the heat lamp for quite some time. They completely killed the two nice fish filets we had ordered -- well done and dry as a bone. The sauces/flavors were great. The manager apologized and said they were short staffed or something (seems like everywhere you go, right now), comped an entrée.

I feel bad for recommending them if anyone else had a subpar meal there this weekend. I wish places could get their personnel issues sorted out.

Krystal's next door to Mouse Ear around 2:00am.

Unfortunately this location quit working 24 hours a day when covid hit. Western Ave is the only 24 hrs Krystal around here now days, I think.

Not sure I've seen Melting Pot listed here. It's a fancy date night waste a bunch of time spot. However, it does involve participation which you may not want.

Unfortunately this location quit working 24 hours a day when covid hit. Western Ave is the only 24 hrs Krystal around here now days, I think.

Not sure I've seen Melting Pot listed here. It's a fancy date night waste a bunch of time spot. However, it does involve participation which you may not want.
To each their own, but I've always thought of Melting Pot as one of the most overrated, overpriced chains.

Has anyone been to Fire + Smoke on Northshore? I just found out about it, owned by the same people as Archers BBQ. Menu looks good (and expensive)

Has anyone been to Fire + Smoke on Northshore? I just found out about it, owned by the same people as Archers BBQ. Menu looks good (and expensive)
Interesting. I'll be in ET in a couple of weeks. May check this out.

I have spent a small fortune at the animal hospital on Kingston Pike. It has an Archers right next door. Seeing my ailing pet is usually something that kills the appetite, but now that he is possibly home for good, I am sure I will be in the area and ready to eat. What is the word on Archers? I eat BBQ all over the country and appreciate different styles other than that white sauce junk they serve in Alabama.

I have spent a small fortune at the animal hospital on Kingston Pike. It has an Archers right next door. Seeing my ailing pet is usually something that kills the appetite, but now that he is possibly home for good, I am sure I will be in the area and ready to eat. What is the word on Archers? I eat BBQ all over the country and appreciate different styles other than that white sauce junk they serve in Alabama.
Archers is good. Memphis ribs. Good sauces. For the area, it's 2nd only to Sweet Ps IMO.

You get a lot of food at Brazeiros, but it really isn't that good. There are much better Brazilian steakhouse restaurants.

What are you referring to with "most of the others?"
Fogo de Chao has been good for me in both the Atlanta and Orlando locations. It’s a bit of a step up price wise, too.

If you have room, their desserts are excellent too.

What do you mean by participation? Putting a fondue stick in the pot?

It was very good. Good service too. It had been years since I’d been to the Old City, so I enjoyed walking around some.

I think we’re gonna try JC Holdway next time.
JC Holdway is hands down the best in town. The owner really tries to take care of the employees, and if you go there on the regular you'll notice that there is little turn over. Order the cornbread, you won't regret it.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back