Kirby is Classless

VolBricks

May the Orange be with you!
With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.

Although I agree at a point a team should just play a base defense or run the rest of the game when up big, I have always been the kind of guy that says this is football, you dont like it? Stop us. So I dont have a problem with it.

Just like in boxing once the bell rings or in football the ball snaps protect yourself at all times. Head has to be on a swivel until you hear the ref's whistle blow stopping the play and even then, some players are coached to play through the whistle.

With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.
Sounds like your a little a$$ hurt. It was a clean hit and call imo. He was just sending you played pretty good against us message.

A lot of recruits at the stadium tonight. Several have both UGA and UT in the mix. Rumors had it that Kirby was encouraging those kids to take their officials to UT for last nights game. He was sending a message.

Personally, I'm sick of complaining about other teams taking us to the woodshed and rubbing our noses into it. I'm ready to see a team that won't let that happen. That we even talk about the opposition running it up on us or not taking the foot off the gas, turns my stomach...much like the play on the field and the coaching at times.

Don't want it to happen? Recruit better, coach better, play better. Win some damned football games.

Seriously though, BM has to feel that coming, step forward, and deliver a strike.

There were multiple times last night where Maurer was flushed from the pocket or hurried or hit where he could have stayed in the play by simply taking one step up in the pocket as the DLs momentumn would have taken them out of the play. Hopefully Chaney can show this with some film study.

Feeling the pain from a corner blitz that you didn't recognize may help Maurer in the future to see it and throw accordingly. It also might be good that he learned this in a game that had already been decided on the scoreboard and not during a critical drive in a future game that cost UT the win.

VN Store

Back