Kirby is Classless

If we're the ones winning, and one of our guys delivers that hit, 0.0% of Vol fans would have an issue with it, so, I don't either.

Think that UGA team has good chance of taking Bama off the captains seat in SEC this year. It's going to get interesting if UGA, LSU, Bama keep winning...all three, at this point, could be in the playoffs...Clemson and Ohio State are also legit...someone's going to miss out but, right now, I don't know who you'd take out of the mix.

As usual some of are starting to overlook OK. Remember them?

With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.
He’s a finger prick no doubt but we should have seen it and countered. We are trying to score and they are trying to stop us. Football.

With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.[/QUOTE
College football is a big boys game! We can’t cry because that coach was mean! Grow a pair guys!

It’s football. Now I’m with you if they are throwing bombs with 3 min left and running a hurry up offense, but doing a blitz is football.

Reactions: cgrish
It’s football and I don’t have a problem with it happening, Smart and his DC celebrating it on national tv would be billboard material for next year! I thought it was classless celebrating hurting a young man! I don’t remember ESPN showing our coaching staff celebrating after we blew up Chubb.
Maybe they were celebrating the TD?

Lou Holtz told a story about when he was the HC at William & Mary and Bobby Bowden, a friend of his, was the HC at West Virginia. They played with the predictable results. At the post-game handshake Lou asked Bobby why he didn't hold the score down some. Bobby told him, "That was your job, Lou."

Reactions: GSU
With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.
UT was still trying to score, so GA should still be trying to stop us. What if our freshman QB had thrown a TD on that play? Then, we are within two scores with over 4 and half minutes to go. If I am coaching in that situation, then I play defense in accordance to what the offense is doing. If the offense wants to run the ball and kill the clock, then I wouldn’t need to blitz. However, if the offense is still throwing to try to score, then I would do what it takes to stop them from scoring. GA is playing for rankings and a shot at the playoffs. They should not have to take it easy on a team and allow them a late TD. Football is an emotional game. When someone scores for your team, you get excited.

Reactions: cgrish
Kirby is a jerk and everyone know it. It was a clean play though and a big hit and we just didn’t make the block. On Kirby he’s not that great of a coach and even worse human being from what I’m told of insiders at UGA. The fans there want a national championship ,it’s been since 1980 and that one is questionable). When he stumbles against Florida and Auburn the fans will turn and turn quickly. Mark my word Kirby is smart in name only! His time is limited with his fans that have more money than brains. GBO!

Last edited:
knowing good and well that if rolls were reversed you would of been jumping for joy. If you want to blame someone,blame #72 for not even attempting block anybody.

We aren't becoming snowflake fans are we? Have they not pussified football enough?

Bet Maurer learned a valuable lesson, or I hope he did as Gaurantano never seemed to learn it.

There were multiple times last night where Maurer was flushed from the pocket or hurried or hit where he could have stayed in the play by simply taking one step up in the pocket as the DLs momentumn would have taken them out of the play. Hopefully Chaney can show this with some film study.
Considering it was his FIRST START against the number 3 team...

He was PHENOMENAL

Reactions: GroverCleveland
People on here would have been attempting back flips if a Vols player made that exact play and Pruitt reacted the same way.

Hope Mauerer isn't feeling it too much this morning and can use it as a learning experience. I'd expect that hit to last until Tuesday though. It was pretty brutal.

Although I agree at a point a team should just play a base defense or run the rest of the game when up big, I have always been the kind of guy that says this is football, you dont like it? Stop us. So I dont have a problem with it.

I remember a quote from Fulmer after a FL beatdown. "It's up to us to stop them".

Reactions: GroverCleveland
In the 4th quarter UGA ran the ball 8 out of 10 plays on the last TD drive.

Classless? Remember that when Tua is in throwing The ball over the yard late in the 4th with the game in hand.

Reactions: GSU and Rking
In the 4th quarter UGA ran the ball 8 out of 10 plays on the last TD drive.

Classless? Remember that when Tua is in throwing The ball over the yard late in the 4th with the game in hand.
Exactly. I’d say they were pretty merciful in comparison to bama or UF. They could have had 600 yards or left the starting d in to hold us under 300. Only reason he was excited is because they tried a new blitz for them and it worked....really well.

I agree with your post in theory. But to say he is classless for being excited for his kids after a play like that I don't get that. It's what makes college football special. To your point about hating Georgia more than Bama I totally agree

VN Store

Back