Kirby is Classless

Seriously though, BM has to feel that coming, step forward, and deliver a strike.
He came clean. There wasn't time to do jack. He's lucky his ribs aren't broke. That was just them knowing we were going to pass. Much easier to tee off and bring more than you can block when there is no threat of a run..

Reactions: savannahfan
I dont like Kirby because he whines and makes excuses.
However, how about you get angry at Pruitt and Ansley NEVER sending blitzes.

Stupid post. Tennessee shouldn’t expect pity from anyone. It was classless when Donnan complained about Fulmer scoring late and thank goodness our coach didn’t complain about this.

If we're the ones winning, and one of our guys delivers that hit, 0.0% of Vol fans would have an issue with it, so, I don't either.

Think that UGA team has good chance of taking Bama off the captains seat in SEC this year. It's going to get interesting if UGA, LSU, Bama keep winning...all three, at this point, could be in the playoffs...Clemson and Ohio State are also legit...someone's going to miss out but, right now, I don't know who you'd take out of the mix.

It’s football and I don’t have a problem with it happening, Smart and his DC celebrating it on national tv would be billboard material for next year! I thought it was classless celebrating hurting a young man! I don’t remember ESPN showing our coaching staff celebrating after we blew up Chubb.

I have no issue with it.

What if at the point GA had a insurmountable lead they payed their backup freshman QB and we blitzed and blindsided him. I would bet most on here would be crowing what a great hit it was. I have no issue with that either.

High level football is violent and it is our job to stop them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chattdawg
I dont like Kirby because he whines and makes excuses.
However, how about you get angry at Pruitt and Ansley NEVER sending blitzes.
They brought extra people several times in the second half, Georgia picked it up. You'd have to sell out against Fromm to get any more there. That's pretty much points if you don't get to him. They were just bigger, faster, stronger. You can only address that through recruiting. Hard to gain ground on UGA or Bama with the way they're recruiting. It's where were at. We're not at the top of the SEC food chain..

Reactions: savannahfan
Although I agree at a point a team should just play a base defense or run the rest of the game when up big, I have always been the kind of guy that says this is football, you dont like it? Stop us. So I dont have a problem with it.
I dont have a problem with it either. What I do have a problem with is Smart running down the side line and high fiving another coach after the hit. Smart has no class and I can't wait until we beat the chit out of them.

With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.

Good call, clean hit. Maurer will learn from it. Glad the kid is okay.

With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.
When fans start complaining about things like this then you know the program has entered into a lower phase. You see, a corner blitz is supposed to be accounted for on a pass play. To keep that type of thing from happening. Instead of complaining that Jeremy's offense screwed up you are complaining about that "mean ole Kirby Smart".

They brought extra people several times in the second half, Georgia picked it up. You'd have to sell out against Fromm to get any more there. That's pretty much points if you don't get to him. They were just bigger, faster, stronger. You can only address that through recruiting. Hard to gain ground on UGA or Bama with the way they're recruiting. It's where were at. We're not at the top of the SEC food chain..
I agree the players arent good enough, but even against Florida's avg OL and new QB... you're passing D is awful in all phases, send the house and hit the guy.

If we're the ones winning, and one of our guys delivers that hit, 0.0% of Vol fans would have an issue with it, so, I don't either.

Think that UGA team has good chance of taking Bama off the captains seat in SEC this year. It's going to get interesting if UGA, LSU, Bama keep winning...all three, at this point, could be in the playoffs...Clemson and Ohio State are also legit...someone's going to miss out but, right now, I don't know who you'd take out of the mix.

Hope you’re wrong about Uga. The only time I’ve ever cheered for Bama in my 49 years of fandom was when they played those dawgs. I hope they lose to Florida and Auburn and go to Tampa and lose their bowl game there. My feelings have nothing to do with last night. I just think a strong uga is bad for UTs rebuilding progress.

The unwritten, gentleman's agree between coaches is if an opponent is still throwing, it's still on. Smart, literally starting taking the air out of the game in the 3rd and I think Pruitt made the correct decision to keep his team in attack mode, even though the chances of winning was gone about midway thru the 4th.

If you have an issue, have an issue with Chaney. He's the guy that had a young QB throwing from tight formations and figuratively begged for a corner blitz with a QB that didn't have the experience to recognize the danger.

Although I agree at a point a team should just play a base defense or run the rest of the game when up big, I have always been the kind of guy that says this is football, you dont like it? Stop us. So I dont have a problem with it.

I don't have, nor do I think the thread author have a problem with the play on the field. It was the classless act by the the head coach and his staff that was classless. The kids play the game I bet if you ask the TN QB he would say it was my fault, good hit, I won't let that happen again.

Seems like what normal winning coaches do to me. Good call imo,

The call good the out come good from GA's point good. But I don't think the reaction from the GA staff was very sportsman like or in good taste and not the normal by most head coaches.

I don't have, nor do I think the thread author have a problem with the play on the field. It was the classless act by the the head coach and his staff that was classless. The kids play the game I bet if you ask the TN QB he would say it was my fault, good hit, I won't let that happen again.
So what's classes about how Kirby or the coaches resonded? Happy a guy (Crowder) who was recruiting at RB and moved to LB got a TD?

Kirby can't stand Pruitt. Karma is a bit@h

Reactions: GSU
There were multiple times last night where Maurer was flushed from the pocket or hurried or hit where he could have stayed in the play by simply taking one step up in the pocket as the DLs momentumn would have taken them out of the play. Hopefully Chaney can show this with some film study.

Hey!
The things you bring up are the things experience teach a player. This guy must have had a "real" offense line playing in front of him in HS. Never had to learn how to "dodge". (as is evident by his stats). Even with excellent coaching the skill to "dodge" will come slowly as it will take the experience too. He started the learning part of being a complete QB last night. Lets hope I can live long enough to reap the benefits.

VN Store

Back