Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Jeff Walz is the right person to take over.

464-135 overall record
2X- National Championship Runner-up
2X- Final Four
4X- Elite Eight
4X- Sweet Sixteen
2X- 2nd Round
1X - 1st Round

Been in NCAA tournament 15 of 17 years and 1 of those seasons was Covid with no post season.
He also played us in our last two coaching searches to get a raise from Louisville. No thank you.

No pretending needed when Tennessee tells other school they want to talk with their coach.
ThEy can come here.
Or tell their Present
University administration make it worth wild to stay.
It's a business
Some posters say.
Can not blame someone for looking out for their Best interest.
How old is North Carolina state coacH.?
Wonder if he would come now.
No way. 67 too old. 5-7 years at best

I do feel like we were no longer part of the conversation when talking about top wbb. I do not mind taking a chance to try to reclaim some of that. There’s some voodoo to hiring a coach that becomes successful though - will have to let time go by to truly judge how good the hire is. We’ll have no choice but to trust DW is doing more research than googling w-l records like we are 🤪.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I do feel like we were no longer part of the conversation when talking about top wbb. I do not mind taking a chance to try to reclaim some of that. There’s some voodoo to hiring a coach that becomes successful though - will have to let time go by to truly judge how good the hire is. We’ll have no choice but to trust DW is doing more research than googling w-l records like we are 🤪.
Patience? Surely you jest… 😎

Another example on the men’s side is Jerry Stackhouse. Unsurprisingly, pro coaches transitioning to the college game don’t seem to like recruiting. Maybe Hammond is an exception to that, but still has heavy Gruden vibes.
Speaking of burning bridges, Jerry Stackhouse ooof. Vandy fans not happy with him.

Reactions: VolFuture
Speaking of burning bridges, Jerry Stackhouse ooof. Vandy fans not happy with him.

I’m good with Vandy being a train wreck, but I always kind of liked Stack. Seems like an okay guy and a decent coach who just wasn’t a good fit at the collegiate level, particularly at Vanderbilt where recruiting is such an uphill climb.

Vandy seems to have made a good hire but time will tell. It’s a coin flip when mid major coaches make the jump to the big time.

Idk Taliah, Gardner, and Beers is quite a haul
I’ve only watch them a couple of times against USC and UCLA. But they are good pickups but we will need at least one elite star coming in at a minimum. Remember Spear could leave as well so we might not have anything left.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
I’ve only watch them a couple of times against USC and UCLA. But they are good pickups but we will need at least one elite star coming in at a minimum. Remember Spear could leave as well so we might not have anything left.
Could be amazing what a new coach does for our current players. Fresh start. We weren’t just a Rickea show. Will be interesting tho. Year 1 and year 2 will look different

I’m good with Vandy being a train wreck, but I always kind of liked Stack. Seems like an okay guy and a decent coach who just wasn’t a good fit at the collegiate level, particularly at Vanderbilt where recruiting is such an uphill climb.

Vandy seems to have made a good hire but time will tell. It’s a coin flip when mid major coaches make the jump to the big time.
Per my Vandy “insider” take that very loosely, they worked hard to use language inferring a mutual decision and before the ink was dry on it JS unloaded about all of Vandy’s shortcomings to the media.

Reactions: BisonVol
Jesus, no leaks of any kinda yet?! 😩 I know somebody out there has to have some names of people that’s interviewed!
You don’t get any leaks with DW we will know the day of or night before it happens. Probably already has her and just giving it time to die down before announcing

Reactions: LadyVol1908
why would any self-respecting lady vol fan ever ask for kim mulkey to coach on pat's court. she is the TOTAL opposite of what pat represented and what it means to be a lady vol. let's just get real. it's not happening and ut does not want her.

Mulkey doesn't need UT. It's like UK fans wanting Bobby Hurley.

One thing I know for sure: When the new coach is announced, fans on message boards/social media need to be either instantly publicly supportive, or instantly publicly silent about it if they're underwhelmed. It will be too late to do anything about it, anyway, so if people were to go nuts putting down the new coach or doubting she/he will do a great job, it will be best for the program to keep that opinion to themselves. At least for a few months while the program is particularly vulnerable and in need of extra support and extra confidence from players.

If you secretly hate the Tennessee Lady Vols, then by all means, poison the well by harshly criticizing White's choice.

i sure hope people have more sense than that. 🧡

VN Store

Back