Kiffin to Auburn???

Does anyone really think Kiffin would have a better record than Gus at Auburn? Will he beat Saban more than Gus? Will more than 1 SEC title in 7 years? Or Kevin Steele who has apparently emerged as a contender for the job?

This is dumb. In Auburn's case, this new TV contract has given idiots more money to do idiotic things.

Reactions: BUBear
What? Steele...
Kevin Steele - Wikipedia

Steele stole. He was 9-36 as a P5 HC (1-31 in conference play). I doubt Auburn would make that mistake.

Auburn fans should hire Kevin Greene if their AD is crazy enough to turn the program over to Steele.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1998/gamerep/week15/panthers14.htm

Greene, tied for second in the league in sacks and one of the best pass rushers in NFL history, attacked assistant coach Kevin Steele on the sideline in the first half of the Carolina Panthers' 28-25 loss to the Washington Redskins.

Last edited:
Does anyone really think Kiffin would have a better record than Gus at Auburn? Will he beat Saban more than Gus? Will more than 1 SEC title in 7 years? Or Kevin Steele who has apparently emerged as a contender for the job?

This is dumb. In Auburn's case, this new TV contract has given idiots more money to do idiotic things.

I suppose it depends on who Auburn hires, but I understand why they made this call. As successful as Gus has been, he's been producing diminishing returns. The SEC title was in his first year. It's now his eighth, and he's only made the SECCG once in the meantime. He only ever seems to get decent QB play in the first year of a new starter, and then things get notably worse. At a certain point, Auburn had to decide if averaging 8-5 with a couple of blips every three or four years was good enough.

Last edited:
He’s not leaving Ole Miss after one year.

Unless Auburn is his dream job.

He may not leave Ole Miss but the history of the two programs are not even close. Easier to recruit to the barn instead of Ole Miss. Auburn is going to make someone very rich and I would be surprised if Kiffin doesn’t get a call.

if he takes the AU job will lane sneak out of oxford in the middle of the night like he did to UT??

Well, if it were to happen; Ole Miss can’t say they didn’t see it coming. Kiffin is the married guy that’s willing to dump his wife for the sexiest girl in the room. That will never change.

Not a loyal bone in the man’s body.
Coaching is business, not personal.
Get the dollars while you can.
Just like any other profession.
Wives get recruited over every day just like football players, nothing wrong with upgrading. Women too are always looking for a better gig. A truism to remember, it will save you pain and money.

Last edited:
Kiffy not making a lateral move in conference. He's got another good recruiting class coming. He'll make some noise right where he is. Don't be surprised if he pulls in Arch Manning. It's Ole Miss, a Manning tradition.

Knowing his history at Tennessee, I can only assume that Ole Miss wrote a huge buyout payable immediately into his contract to prevent just such a thing from happening. I don't have any info on that, however.

Yeah a sensible AD would get some guarantees when you save a guys career or give a guy a lifetime opportunity. But it takes a sensible AD.

Reactions: VolNExile
Most of that class at Ole Miss slides over to The Barn if he bolts.

He may not leave Ole Miss but the history of the two programs are not even close. Easier to recruit to the barn instead of Ole Miss. Auburn is going to make someone very rich and I would be surprised if Kiffin doesn’t get a call.
But Arch Manning might want to follow Grandad and Uncle Eli to ole M.

VN Store

Back