Kiffin to Auburn???

Flipdaddy

Wow! That would be a huge hire. Cornbread won’t have a chance. Hell, cornbread don’t have a chance now. Tennessee football is done folks. At least in my lifetime.

Reactions: wmcovol
I would be surprised if Kiffin pulled the the one year and gone thing again. But, who knows?
Knowing his history at Tennessee, I can only assume that Ole Miss wrote a huge buyout payable immediately into his contract to prevent just such a thing from happening. I don't have any info on that, however.

Was Auburn ever his dream job? No way he bolts after one year. That has to be his biggest regret and red flag on his coaching career.

Reactions: MAD and dovervolz
It would surprise me. Kiffin has been recruiting like crazy this year. He'd be blowing that up to take on a really weak class at the barn.

"I spent my youth staring out over the vastness of the corn fields of Nebraska, dreaming that I would one day lead Auburn to a National Championship. If I closed my eyes and let the wind to speak to me, there was but one message, a mantra if you will, being whispered on the wind: WAR F'N EAGLE!" ~ Lane Kiffin

I was thinking about that last night. Really it could happen. The powers at auburn will recognize kiffin has as good of a chance at beating Saban as anyone they could bring in. And kiffin has to recognize that he’d have a better chance at build a national championship contender at auburn than at ole miss.
Kiffin’s biggest hold back is going to be that he once before left a job after 1 season amd I’m sure doesn’t want that to become his identity. So I doubt it happens. But it makes sense for auburn to look at

It would surprise me. Kiffin has been recruiting like crazy this year. He'd be blowing that up to take on a really weak class at the barn.
Auburn is obviously three times the job that Ole Miss will ever be. However, considering what happened in January of 2010, I would be shocked if Ole Miss didn't have the forethought to write an enormous buyout clause into Kiffin's contract that would prevent a move after one year (especially to another SEC West program). My guess is, Auburn would have to write Ole Miss a 7 figure check to pull that off. For the kind of money it would cost Auburn to make that move, they could get someone better than Kiffin.

Well, if it were to happen; Ole Miss can’t say they didn’t see it coming. Kiffin is the married guy that’s willing to dump his wife for the sexiest girl in the room. That will never change.

Not a loyal bone in the man’s body.

VN Store

Back