Keyen Green

Well, not exactly. Yes, Tamari has played the entire season knowing one of every opponent's primary goals was to get her into early foul trouble so that she has to play with a lot less aggressiveness and confidence for as much of the game as they could dictate. But even though it was true that Key had to take it down a notch or two once she got some fouls, Tamari always knew that Keyen, an uber-seasoned veteran, had her back.

For a star player who is under a lot of pressure to help her team win games, there is a palpable difference between going to the bench for a bit KNOWING your mature backup is likely to hold down the fort while you're out, and going to the bench HOPING your far less experienced backup can get it done.

I'm not saying Emily and Karo can't get it done, but the new reality of not having Keyen to lean is almost certainly going to affect Key.
I still believe that Karoline will more than hold her own and will be a solid back up for TK. Go get it done, Karoline.

I wonder if Kellie knew when she and Keyen were walking off the floor. Kellies facial expression indicated to me she knew it was serious.
I think she knew, remember she also kneeled down late in the 4th and talked to Emily on the sidelines after Emily defended Stati so well during the stretch she was in, I think Kellie sent her (Emily) praises and told her we'll need her moving forward.

Emily will take the Key Kellie gave her and open the door. Many of you may not have faith in her but I do. We don't need her to be dominant we just need her to play a role. Some of you will be changing your thoughts of her like you did for Kam and Kasi!

I believe it as well. I wanna see it though. I think we caught a glimpse at UGA.

She played less than 3 minutes but they may have been the most important 2:40 seconds anyone on the team played that day. Her two minutes of defense and shutting Staiti down sealed the game. Otherwise it was going to be a layup drill for UGA and down to the wire.

My primary concern for Emily is keeping up offensively. Our bigs participate in the offense much more than they used to. Lots of screening action and cuts in the paint. Emily looks a little lost in the shuffle offensively. I think this is a massive opportunity for growth though.

Seems like all season she has probably been getting the “your time will come talk.” That time is here and it is now. Let’s go Emily!

Last edited:
I believe it as well. I wanna see it though. I think we caught a glimpse at UGA.

She played less than 3 minutes but they may have been the most 2:40 seconds anyone on the team played that day. Her two minutes of defense and shutting Staiti down sealed the game. Otherwise it was going to be a layup drill for UGA and down to the wire.

My primary concern for Emily is keeping up offensively. Our bigs participate in the offense much more than they used to. Lots of screening action and cuts in the paint. Emily looks a little lost in the shuffle offensively. I think this is a massive opportunity for growth though.

Seems like all season she has probably been getting the “your time will come talk.” That time is here and it is now. Let’s go Emily!
I agree with what you stated on the offensive end, I've also witness times where she just wouldn't shoot, attempt to make a move. Now is not the time to be passive. If she is open, take that shot, if she is covered and can make a move on her defender, she has to make it instead of her first response when she gets it is to pass it out.

I agree with what you stated on the offensive end, I've also witness times where she just wouldn't shoot, attempt to make a move. Now is not the time to be passive. If she is open, take that shot, if she is covered and can make a move on her defender, she has to make it instead of her first response when she gets it is to pass it out.

Yes and historically Emily finishes around 70% of her shots around the rim. She has nice touch around the basket. Just needs the confidence to make a move. Her frame is very similar to Ayoka Lee. She’s obviously not on that level, but watching some of Lee’s film would be great for her. Lee does a fantastic job of using her superior size to physically exhaust her defender. She’s not overly aggressive, but does the big girl lean. That’s a lot to deal with all game for most post defenders.

Keeps that defender really tied up too so it takes them outta helpside and rim protection.

Speaking of love... are u just waking up and recovering from the 🍔 girl announcement

you told us this whole time she was special and deserved this😃

I have always been blessed with great vision...

When I saw the first video of Justine bombing 3 balls from deep behind the line, and a close up picture of her freckles and widows peak, and her flying ponytail, I knew this girl was the one we have all been waiting for...

She's an All American Girl that is going to be what legends are made of...And let me say it now, we have Justine and you don't!
o2eqUt6ZyCDcq95G

had to use covid last maybe? make green playing some last and tthis year redshirt not possible. do not know rules.

Nah I think this was technically her COVID year. Because she played a few games last season she lost that year. Sounds like this is it for Keyen’s playing days

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
This is Keyen's 6th year in college. She redshirted a year in Liberty with injury, then redshirted again last year. This was her last remaining year of eligibility, and she played too many games in order to get another year.

I think she knew, remember she also kneeled down late in the 4th and talked to Emily on the sidelines after Emily defended Stati so well during the stretch she was in, I think Kellie sent her (Emily) praises and told her we'll need her moving forward.

I do to. The way Keyen went down had all the signs of an ACL tear. Awkward landing, knee buckles to the side, immediate grasping of knee.

Kellie has been around long enough (plus had the same injury) to know the signs.

We're probably not getting much sympathy outside the program as we ponder our depth situation in the post.....considering we have 10 players on the roster 6 feet and above. heh

(11 counting 6'2" Marta, btw)

VN Store

Back