Keyen Green

Well we play Auburn next, Striplin or Saunders better find confidence there because we won't have many more gimmes on the schedule in February and beyond.
Striplin has a big incentive to play well against Auburn. Both of her parents are Auburn graduates and big Auburn fans. She obviously has much to prove to Mom and Dad.

That goes even doubly so for Saunders. She's played even less than Karoline.

This really just means that Tamari will have to play more minutes and has to be more mindful about early foul trouble...because at least Green was able to hold her own even against opposing starting posts. Maybe not the defensive presence of Key, but she was still a strong presence down low and she is mobile....which isn't my impression of Striplin or Saunders from what I've seen. Striplin looks strong as hell, but she needs to be lighter on her feet. Saunders...I don't know.

Odds are, Saunders and Striplin will be called on and they better bring their asbestos suits and learn how to swim for the upcoming trial by fire, sink or swim stretch of the season. It is just too easy for a big post player to get called for ticky tack fouls and if you are shot blocker, every play carries foul potential. We know the inconsistent and often mysterious nature of SEC officiating. It is not all in TK's control.

I think we’re going to be glad we still have Emily playing for us.

I have been critical of Emily but it feels like Kellie was bringing her along for a bigger role next season. And that plan just got fastforwarded. I think Emily can be a low post presence defensively but the team will have to change its scheme when it comes to perimeter defending. If the LVs can get 10 to 15 minutes from Emily and Striplin where they can more or less hold their own, the LVs should be able to compensate for the loss of Green., particularly because we should have more scoring punch as Rae works her way back in.

Last edited:
Will need to be both i don`t think you can just throw Striplin into the fire and now say put it out ? I don`t think so, That will be asking a lot from someone who has played very little this season.
You would not be throwing Striplin into a fire. She has played in most of the games and will be ready to go. She is a better offensive player than Green, can run the floor, hit the 3 ball, and more mobile on defense. She will be getting a lot of individual work in practice and the team will not miss any more beats than they have been doing all year long. The Sky is not falling.

You would not be throwing Striplin into a fire. She has played in most of the games and will be ready to go. She is a better offensive player than Green, can run the floor, hit the 3 ball, and more mobile on defense. She will be getting a lot of individual work in practice and the team will not miss any more beats than they have been doing all year long. The Sky is not falling.
If that's the case, she hasn't shown it yet in SEC play. She is yet to score a single point, whereas Keyen has been first off the bench and productive in her minutes. The times I've seen her on the court, she looks lost. That's probably the part that needs to be addressed first and foremost.

The facts are that Striplin and Saunders are going to have to step up and I mean urgently. It seems like everyone has stepped up this year on this team when someone goes down. I have all the faith that these two will be able to. Especially now that it's a need. That should give them that umph they need. I really like this team and I have a strong feeling they both will step up and I'm not just saying that. We don't need them to be great, just do the little things. Rebound, put hands up, stay under control, guard to your best ability, and maybe get a putback here and there just to give TK a breather. Let's cheer loud and hard for these ladies! We got this!! Let's do this for Kenyen!!!!

If that's the case, she hasn't shown it yet in SEC play. She is yet to score a single point, whereas Keyen has been first off the bench and productive in her minutes. The times I've seen her on the court, she looks lost. That's probably the part that needs to be addressed first and foremost.
She score a jumper from the key last game. I think she also hit a 3 against Vandy but I could be wrong.

I feel like Kellie tossing Karoline in with the other freshmen hasn’t done her any favors they are always deferring to Kaiya for some reason in those stretches

If the LVs can get 10 to 15 minutes from Emily and Saunders where they can more or less hold their own, the LVs should be able to compensate for the loss of Green., particularly because we should have more scoring punch as Rae works her way back in.

I'm hoping for solid backup from Emily, too, but expecting her to become dual simultaneous threats may be asking too much (in addition to violating rules).

All joking aside...and sure don't mean to minimize Keyen's pain and disappointment...I think players will step up as they've done all season.

Welp buckle up because she had the luxury to learn and develop now it's trial by fire 🔥 the great thing we have seen Kellie and company can come up with a plan for about any scenario.

So Green is also a Senior. And we have played over 50% of our schedule, so her eligibility is up too, right? Hard way to go out if so.
She's beyond a Senior. She's a PhD student in her 6th year of school. This was her final season of eligibility.

Reactions: zaqhhh
I feel like Kellie tossing Karoline in with the other freshmen hasn’t done her any favors they are always deferring to Kaiya for some reason in those stretches
That's kind of what I meant by her looking lost. I think Sara and Brooklyn know their roles when on the court; Kaiya and Karoline not so much.

Well damn. We cannot have nice things. Most of all I hate it for Keyen who has been wonderful in every way. What a wretched break. Same knee as before? She must be devastated. Bless her.

So this may be the one where the miracle bag is finally empty ya'll. It's been incredible how often KJH has been able to patch things together but this may be too much.

Key will get harassed w cheap foul attempts even more now. It will be a freaking minefield to keep her in games, people running under her and sh*t. Emily can provide a few spot mins on defense and give up fouls. Puckett is an option But basically, Karoline, welcome to the big leagues baby. She's clearly not ready but she's going to have to get as ready as they can get her. She seems to have the raw material and I'm sure she'll work as hard as she can. Maybe . . .

Last edited:

VN Store

Back