Keyen Green

If they run under Emily, they will only do it once.
LOL good point. But I doubt they'll waste the dramatics on Emily. Poor Key's about to see more flopping than a fish out of water though. Of course she already does like that laughable play on Sunday. KJH has been taking Key out if she picks a foul up early, that might change depending on situation and opponent. I think KJH has to start working the refs on Key's behalf from pregame on.

I am at a loss for appropriate words and heart-broken for Keyen. She is such a leader for this team and her experience and calm demeanor will hopefully be available on our bench.

Kellie tore her ACL in the 96/97 National Championship year but was able to return. I am sure that experience sharpened her skills to know the right words to encourage Keyen's teammates.

Only the players can decide how to move forward. If I were on this team, playing for Keyen would be part of my motivation.

Bottom line? This is THE most awesome opportunity for both Emily and Karoline. In a season that has seen this team overcome obstacle after obstacle, this one is going to REALLY showcase the capabilities of both our coaching staff and our players, and it's pretty darn exciting.

They managed quite well without the amazing Rae. Can't wait to see how this team adapts to losing its most senior leader.

Bottom line? This is THE most awesome opportunity for both Emily and Karoline. In a season that has seen this team overcome obstacle after obstacle, this one is going to REALLY showcase the capabilities of both our coaching staff and our players, and it's pretty darn exciting.

They managed quite well without the amazing Rae. Can't wait to see how this team adapts to losing its most senior leader.

Keyen will continue being the leader she has been since getting here. She just won't be playing. You're absolutely right, this is an awesome opportunity. It will be exciting (hopefully) to see it play out.

Well damn. We cannot have nice things. Most of all I hate it for Keyen who has been wonderful in every way. What a wretched break. Same knee as before? She must be devastated. Bless her.

So this may be the one where the miracle bag is finally empty ya'll. It's been incredible how often KJH has been able to patch things together but this may be too much.

Key will get harassed w cheap foul attempts even more now. It will be a freaking minefield to keep her in games, people running under her and sh*t. Emily can provide a few spot mins on defense and give up fouls. Puckett is an option But basically, Karoline, welcome to the big leagues baby. She's clearly not ready but she's going to have to get as ready as they can get her. She seems to have the raw material and I'm sure she'll work as hard as she can. Maybe . . .

I too worry about Tamari getting frustrated and fouling. Teams are going to be trying to take her out for certain. Whoever steps up when she comes out is going to have to bring the defense. With Rae back we donā€™t need any scoring from the 5 aside from what Tamari brings.

Weā€™re gonna need them to defend with their life though. I think we will see a combination of players depending on the opposing team/lineup.

Auburn is a game where Emily can get minutes against Johnson and Striplin/Puckett can play the 5 when they go small. Actually a really good game for us to have right after this to assess some lineup stuff in live games.

I am at a loss for appropriate words and heart-broken for Keyen. She is such a leader for this team and her experience and calm demeanor will hopefully be available on our bench.

Kellie tore her ACL in the 96/97 National Championship year but was able to return. I am sure that experience sharpened her skills to know the right words to encourage Keyen's teammates.

Only the players can decide how to move forward. If I were on this team, playing for Keyen would be part of my motivation.

I wonder if Kellie knew when she and Keyen were walking off the floor. Kellies facial expression indicated to me she knew it was serious.

I wonder if Kellie knew when she and Keyen were walking off the floor. Kellies facial expression indicated to me she knew it was serious.

I think Keyen likely knew immediately having done it a couple times. Probably told her right away. I thought how Keyen handled it was incredibly mature though.

She got right back on the bench with her teammates and cheered them on. Got herself up and walked off that floor. No tears. Just a strong young woman with strong mental toughness. Qualities Pat loved so much and fostered in her players. Weā€™re seeing so much of that with how Kellie is managing the players and people in her program.

Keyen will continue being the leader she has been since getting here. She just won't be playing. You're absolutely right, this is an awesome opportunity. It will be exciting (hopefully) to see it play out.

You are absolutely right. I'm sure Keyen will be a fifth coach on the bench from here on out.

Also, this is yet another instance of the universe telling the hardworking players who may sometimes be disapponted they're not getting as many minutes as they like, to never give up. You just never know when your number is going to be called. And boy oh boy, has Emily and Karo's numbers been called!

Over the years we've had some players to transfer because they were looking to get more minutes, only for some unforeseen event to happen that would have placed them in the starting lineup at Tennessee -- IF they had stayed.

I think Keyen likely knew immediately having done it a couple times. Probably told her right away. I thought how Keyen handled it was incredibly mature though.

She got right back on the bench with her teammates and cheered them on. Got herself up and walked off that floor. No tears. Just a strong young woman with strong mental toughness. Qualities Pat loved so much and fostered in her players. Weā€™re seeing so much of that with how Kellie is managing the players and people in her program.

That kinda choked me up. Keyen is a one-in-a-million player.

I really hate the news about Keyen - here's wishing her all the best in her recovery.

As for Saunders - who knows, she's rarely been called on except in garbage time. Maybe this opportunity will spur her to take her game up a notch. Shades of Uros Plavsic, maybe......just sayin'. Could be a helluva story (and besides - Emily did a good job against Staiti Sunday).

I really hate the news about Keyen - here's wishing her all the best in her recovery.

As for Saunders - who knows, she's rarely been called on except in garbage time. Maybe this opportunity will spur her to take her game up a notch. Shades of Uros Plavsic, maybe......just sayin'. Could be a helluva story (and besides - Emily did a good job against Staiti Sunday).
Someone will have to step up-- All teams are desperately going to try to get Key to foul out, obviously.

I think our chances at a national championship just took a big hit. Green has provided valuable minutes in support of Key. Thereā€™s zero chances we make it through 6 ncaa tournament games with Key out of foul troubleā€¦ and weā€™re a different team when Key is out of the game. This injury sucks and my inner pessimist is coming out.

I think our chances at a national championship just took a big hit. Green has provided valuable minutes in support of Key. Thereā€™s zero chances we make it through 6 ncaa tournament games with Key out of foul troubleā€¦ and weā€™re a different team when Key is out of the game. This injury sucks and my inner pessimist is coming out.

Yea well pessimist meet my inner optimist (yes that's an actual thing lol)

We have a chance to adjust the game plan and grow and develop some players into a different role.

With that being said NEVER say NEVER.

Oh and you said this during the KY game "Not every body is the same. The one piece to a national championship run is Key."

She is still here... relax and BUCKLE up it's gonna be a fun ride! šŸ˜Ž

One of the things weā€™ll miss most from Keyen is her willingness to step in and take charges, which has been successful far more often than not. Those plays tend to fire up the team, and nearly every time Keyen has taken a charge this season good things have followed,

Itā€™s a huuuuge blow not to have that option. Kellie certainly canā€™t have Tamari trying to add that responsibility to her plate, either, since from now on Job No.1 is probably going to be Stay TF Out of Foul Trouble.

One of the things weā€™ll miss most from Keyen is her willingness to step in and take charges, which has been successful far more often than not. Those plays tend to fire up the team, and nearly every time Keyen has taken a charge this season good things have followed,

Itā€™s a huuuuge blow not to have that option. Kellie certainly canā€™t have Tamari trying to add that responsibility to her plate, either, since from now on Job No.1 is probably going to be Stay TF Out of Foul Trouble.
I'll bet Striplin wouldn't mind taking a charge. Puckett's already shown she doesn't. Along w Emily, I don't think we lack physicality to bang. It's skills and speed we may struggle with.

Amen on Stay TF OOFT and I get that teams are already all in on making fouls happen. But just in case they've left any freaking flop stone unturned we're about to see it unleashed. I only hope the refs are onto it and call against it. Key absolutely cannot give away any dumbarse reaction fouls.

The upside is if Striplin absorbs substantial minutes, we go into next yr w 3 sophs who have played extensively in big games.

I feel like Kellie tossing Karoline in with the other freshmen hasnā€™t done her any favors they are always deferring to Kaiya for some reason in those stretches
Well, there werenā€™t many of those times, but youā€™re right, I donā€™t know that it was so much deferring to Kaiya, as it was more once anyone passed Kaiya the ball, she would go attempt a layup. That meant not much ball handling or shooting for anyone else.

I think Kellie did say something like there were just more experienced players ahead of Karoline, well, her experience level may be about to jump. We have to win games, and there are options, but if Karoline gets significantly more minutes/experience, she may provide a lot of help come tournament time. The Freshmen will have to toughen up, players on other teams donā€™t play ā€œniceā€.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

I'll bet Striplin wouldn't mind taking a charge. Puckett's already shown she doesn't. Along w Emily, I don't think we lack physicality to bang. It's skills and speed we may struggle with.

Amen on Stay TF OOFT and I get that teams are already all in on making fouls happen. But just in case they've left any freaking flop stone unturned we're about to see it unleashed. I only hope the refs are onto it and call against it. Key absolutely cannot give away any dumbarse reaction fouls.

The upside is if Striplin absorbs substantial minutes, we go into next yr w 3 sophs who have played extensively in big games.

I don't think Striplin gets extensive minutes in any way shape or form. I believe you will see Key, as long as she stays away from fouling, play an increased number of minutes. Keyen was only averaging 14 per game. Key can play another 5-10 in close games. And I would be Coach Harper goes with a small but more experienced lineup in the approx. 10 minutes that Key is not on the court.

Reactions: lvocd and travis929

VN Store

Back